Home

curious if I am alone here

This is a discussion on curious if I am alone here within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2011, 11:46 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
curious if I am alone here

So I played maddens pretty extensively over the last few days.

I am still on the fence. Offline franchise is my thing. I love it. But I feel that the trade logic is just destroyed. For instance, ryan fitzpatrick to Seattle in return I get carlson, their 2012 2 and 2013 1. Unacceptable.

The bidding for fas is chaotic and its almost too much to process.

Finally, drafting players you don't scout, because you're limited in the numbers leaves you drafting blind when your scoured players are gone.

Maybe its me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2011, 12:18 AM   #2
Banned

R0M0mentum09's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: curious if I am alone here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Amba Lamps

I am still on the fence. Offline franchise is my thing. I love it. But I feel that the trade logic is just destroyed. For instance, ryan fitzpatrick to Seattle in return I get carlson, their 2012 2 and 2013 1. Unacceptable.

Finally, drafting players you don't scout, because you're limited in the numbers leaves you drafting blind when your scoured players are gone.

Maybe its me.
I've played a lot as well here's what I've noted. . .

Lag is good.

Defense is largely the same as Madden 11, the offense is again overpowered with a BS cpu rocket catch/user rocket catch.

User catching in general is ridiculously effective. . .

Running game is again pure luck to break open a big run.

The Speed threshold needs to be turned down by EA to 35 if kick/punt returns are every gonna be a factor.

Another thing the 50 speed threshold screws you on is a fast player in the open field (Bryan McCann) will get caught from behind by kickers etc?

Little if any control over ball placement (thought this was better in the demo). Not enough control over velocity.

Play action sucks.

It's easier than ever for people to get pressure sending 5 men (and I mean drop back and before your feet are set your sacked EVERYtime pressure).

Same cheesy tactics still apply from previous editions. . .

1. F/a/g defense

2. Running a money offensive/defensive play.

3. Rocket catching

4. Nano/turbo blitzes

5. Screen abusers

6. Cover 0 blitz abusers (overly effective of this game)

7. People run Cover 1 man all the time with a single high safety (usering the safety) again another overly effective "tactic". When user controlling the safety they run to the point of attack if you run the ball stuffing you everytime, if you pass they sit back and cover the only route open and watch you get insta sacked. . . they'll just run around like a chicken with it's head cut off.

8. People have already figured out how to block field goals consistently.

9. Drag routes and 4 wide sets (4 verticals) are still far to effective SMH.

10. QB sneak/draw glitchers. . .

I've experienced all of the above in a mere 16 ranked games? Soo many cheesers it's unbelievable.
Old 08-29-2011, 12:19 AM   #3
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Amba Lamps

Maybe its me.
The new franchise setup, which is close to HC is probably my favorite improvement.
Old 08-29-2011, 12:40 AM   #4
Rookie

HammerOfGod's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by R0M0mentum09

Lag is good.

Defense is largely the same as Madden 11, the offense is again overpowered with a BS cpu rocket catch/user rocket catch.

The Speed threshold needs to be turned down by EA to 35 if kick/punt returns are every gonna be a factor.

Another thing the 50 speed threshold screws you on is a fast player in the open field (Bryan McCann) will get caught from behind by kickers etc?

Little if any control over ball placement (thought this was better in the demo). Not enough control over velocity.

Play action sucks.

It's easier than ever for people to get pressure sending 5 men (and I mean drop back and before your feet are set your sacked EVERYtime pressure).

1. F/a/g defense

3. Rocket catching

4. Nano/turbo blitzes

5. Screen abusers

7. People run Cover 1 man all the time with a single high safety (usering the safety) again another overly effective "tactic". When user controlling the safety they run to the point of attack if you run the ball stuffing you everytime, if you pass they sit back and cover the only route open and watch you get insta sacked. . . they'll just run around like a chicken with it's head cut off.

I've experienced all of the above in a mere 16 ranked games? Soo many cheesers it's unbelievable.
Damn, that's a pretty scathing breakdown.
Old 08-29-2011, 12:53 AM   #5
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by R0M0mentum09

Lag is good.

Play action sucks.

1. F/a/g defense

3. Rocket catching

4. Nano/turbo blitzes

5. Screen abusers

Have you even played it? It doesn't show up in your gamertag.. If so, I'll be skipping online if that's the case.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2011, 12:57 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 6

he prolly could have played a lot more if he didn't spend so much time sitting around the boards whining.
Old 08-29-2011, 01:01 AM   #7
Rookie

HammerOfGod's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helios12787
he prolly could have played a lot more if he didn't spend so much time sitting around the boards whining.
Pointing out valid concerns/problems with the game isn't whining. And why would he want to play more given that laundry list of issues. Posts calling someone a whiner are completely unproductive.
Old 08-29-2011, 01:06 AM   #8
7 dirty words...

ryan36's Arena

OVR: 36

Before we continue , anyone want to explain the term f/a/g defense to me?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »