Home

Why oh why do they remove things?

This is a discussion on Why oh why do they remove things? within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
WWE 2K22 Trailer Announcement and Breakdown
EA Sports PGA TOUR to Exclusively Have All Four Majors
Next-Gen Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2: Is the Upgrade Worth It?
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 08-29-2011, 11:16 AM   #9
Rookie

Tdawg28's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Why oh why do they remove things?

They need something to fix every year. Imagine they never took anything out? We would still be playing Madden 2005, which was the best game in my opinion and wouldn't mind roster updates every year for it. Why was Madden 2005 the best game? Because EA had competition. No competition = sub par games, but does EA care about complaints every year? No; why? Because people will buy it every year and keep complaining. I get Madden every other year to get my fix for an NFL game. Madden every year? No way!
Old 08-29-2011, 11:55 AM   #10
Rookie

KCsFinest5's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by memphisg
Which one the first down chant?.........I hear a chant on first downs
The touchdown music/chant. It was great last year with the "were gonna beat the **** out of you" chant when a TD was scored by the Chiefs at Arrowhead.

Not a huge deal, but WTF, it was in the game last year and now it's gone.
Old 08-29-2011, 12:18 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 21

The reason they remove stuff is unknown, Maybe they think they can recycle old features, Maybe they did it to make room for other stuff who knows.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2011, 12:30 PM   #12
Rookie

BlackJackRabbit's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbmnm247
I don't think it will ever change and at this point I'm not even sure it's the exclusive that "causes" this. I just think it is the leadership with Madden at this point.
The exclusive license doesn't necessarily cause this, but it does allow EA to get away with it. Think about it. If another publisher put out a game that kept adding features, without removing any of them, year in and year out, do you think that EA could get away with adding, removing, then adding those same features again ?
Old 08-29-2011, 12:46 PM   #13
Rookie

Kayotick's Arena

OVR: 7

They remove things to compensate for needed space. Simple as that. If there was enough space to keep something like "The Extra Point" which I thought was cool but just needed some work then that would still be there.
Old 08-29-2011, 12:52 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayotick
They remove things to compensate for needed space. Simple as that. If there was enough space to keep something like "The Extra Point" which I thought was cool but just needed some work then that would still be there.
The PS3 has BluRay....more space than what they can ask for.

and its not like they are a company that is worried about pissing off another platform, just so the other has more "features".

I mean they went ahead and released a 60fps Madden 08 on the 360, were as the PS3 version stayed at 30fps, but still lost legit 3D grass, high resolution player models, HDR lighting, etc.

so what is the excuse now?
Old 08-29-2011, 12:56 PM   #15
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

OVR: 19
They aren't taking stuff out on purpose. It's probably on the disc, but something went wrong in the code somewhere along the way, and the appropriate action isn't triggering the response.

But that isn't nearly as fun as "EA is mean for having the exclusive license."

Btw, exclusive licenses happen in business all the time, so there is nothing illegal about it.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2011, 01:01 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonkeyJote
They aren't taking stuff out on purpose. It's probably on the disc, but something went wrong in the code somewhere along the way, and the appropriate action isn't triggering the response.

But that isn't nearly as fun as "EA is mean for having the exclusive license."

Btw, exclusive licenses happen in business all the time, so there is nothing illegal about it.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk
ahh so they aren't intentionally taking small things out, they just can't do their jobs right.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »