Home

Why oh why do they remove things?

This is a discussion on Why oh why do they remove things? within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
WWE 2K22 Trailer Announcement and Breakdown
EA Sports PGA TOUR to Exclusively Have All Four Majors
Next-Gen Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2: Is the Upgrade Worth It?
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 08-29-2011, 01:05 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 5
Re: Why oh why do they remove things?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonkeyJote
They aren't taking stuff out on purpose. It's probably on the disc, but something went wrong in the code somewhere along the way, and the appropriate action isn't triggering the response.
So, if the extra point's not there, it's because of a bug that just isn't running the code. It's really meant to still be there?

This isn't a new phenomena, EA has been taking features out and re-introducing them again a few years down the road, for a couple of decades now. You really gave me a good laugh though. Thanks.
Old 08-29-2011, 01:17 PM   #18
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonkeyJote
They aren't taking stuff out on purpose. It's probably on the disc, but something went wrong in the code somewhere along the way, and the appropriate action isn't triggering the response.

But that isn't nearly as fun as "EA is mean for having the exclusive license."

Btw, exclusive licenses happen in business all the time, so there is nothing illegal about it.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk
The excuse making for EA is unacceptable.

Again, these games should BUILD on each other year to year. No reason certain things should be lost "on the disc" somewhere when they worked fine the previous year
Old 08-29-2011, 01:20 PM   #19
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
So, if the extra point's not there, it's because of a bug that just isn't running the code. It's really meant to still be there?

This isn't a new phenomena, EA has been taking features out and re-introducing them again a few years down the road, for a couple of decades now. You really gave me a good laugh though. Thanks.
It doesn't always work that way all the time, either. They also make business decisions to take things out and try to make it better again.

That is what is happening to the EP. They didn't like it, so they gutted it out and will attempt to put a better one together.

Not everything is so cut and dry on the outside looking in because we aren't privy to their decision making process on the why fors and the why nots.
Old 08-29-2011, 01:25 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 1

Well its.funny to say lost the disk...but I have noticed when installed on my 360 gus says more numbers than names....I'm testing out my theory now...****nning out off the disk you here him say tebow and ingrams name
Old 08-29-2011, 02:59 PM   #21
Banned

OVR: 0

Can someone tell me are stadium specific sounds still in like Jets jets jets or the viking horn, or the panther growl, or go pack go etc... Are you guys saying they took that stuff out of the game? Or did just the chiefs chant get removed? This is going to piss me off if they took out stadium specific sounds...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2011, 03:05 PM   #22
Banned

OVR: 24

When was the last time you heard the annoying Vikings horn? Last gen??

And is Denver's "incomplete" chant in this year?
Old 08-29-2011, 03:06 PM   #23
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Segagendude
When was the last time you heard the annoying Vikings horn? Last gen??

And is Denver's "incomplete" chant in this year?
They are both in this year, they were in Madden 11 too.

Want something in Madden added or fixed? Vote for it here http://www.ranker.com/list/top-reque...WlKfF9iZbujQ.0

Madden 15 will be the turning point of the Madden franchise
Old 08-29-2011, 03:07 PM   #24
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

For the most part I've heard all of the same stadium specific songs that were in Madden 11, except for the Chiefs one. They also added the Bills "Shout" so I don't know it's kinda weird.

Want something in Madden added or fixed? Vote for it here http://www.ranker.com/list/top-reque...WlKfF9iZbujQ.0

Madden 15 will be the turning point of the Madden franchise

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »