Home

Why oh why do they remove things?

This is a discussion on Why oh why do they remove things? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2011, 04:47 PM   #33
MVP

Shaffer26's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Why oh why do they remove things?

This kind of stuff is why I'm not buying Madden this year. It's more the of principle than anything.
Old 08-29-2011, 05:17 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaffer26
This kind of stuff is why I'm not buying Madden this year. It's more the of principle than anything.
I wouldn't not buy it because of this! The core gameplay is still improved and like another poster said a few 100 people with principles that don't buy it really is not going made a difference in EAs eyes, you are only missing out yourself if you don't buy!
Old 08-29-2011, 05:20 PM   #35
Banned

atomant94's Arena

OVR: 6

If Madden 13 is the same as Madden 12,

The Death Of EA Football Will Become A Reality.....

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2011, 05:37 PM   #36
Banned

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by NICKx84
Last years versions had the KC Chiefs chants down perfectly now in 12 they gone! Why?
Maybe because last years chants all sounded like 3 guys in a booth. It was rediculous sounding IMO. The right chants maybe.....but with 3 dudes, yet they over power the entire stadium it's a little funny.
Old 08-29-2011, 06:20 PM   #37
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJackRabbit
Stop playin ! ARE YOU SERIOUS ?

Why would they feel the need to take those songs away ? If you're all about improving presentation, taking the classic NFL Films music away doesn't really help the cause.

Yeah....at least that is what the reports have been from those who bought it early.

Sad but true. I will get over it. I am sure I will still love the game....but what a nice touch that soundtrack was. I love those NFL Films scores. There is no reason it should not have been on the game.....none.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 08-29-2011, 06:30 PM   #38
Old School

MachoMyers's Arena

OVR: 20

At least implement custom stadium sounds. NCAA does it, why can't Madden?
Old 08-29-2011, 06:35 PM   #39
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor & Sword
Yeah....at least that is what the reports have been from those who bought it early.

Sad but true. I will get over it. I am sure I will still love the game....but what a nice touch that soundtrack was. I love those NFL Films scores. There is no reason it should not have been on the game.....none.
I'm sure EA has a reason....$$$.

I don't know about you guys but I usually turn off all the regular music and I just use the NFL Films soundtracks for my playlist...regular and remix ones. (some of the remix ones are real good).

so anyway, if there are alot of other gamers doing the same thing, I'm sure EA knows. They are able to follow what features us gamers use, so I wouldn't be surprised if they can tell which music we use as well.

now the question is, does EA have to pay these artist and record companies to use their music? or do record companies pay EA to put their music in Madden. I mean I know I would, if I had the option. You have the same music playing over and over, while gamers are getting ready to start their games or working on their franchise. I'm not going to lie, there are genres of music I'm not usually interested in, but when its played over and over in Madden....it gets catchy...and next thing you know, you are singing along nodding your head.

so that all being known, if gamers are choosing to uncheck these types of songs...but are only using the NFL Films ones....then I can see EA having a harder time selling soundtrack space to potential record companies for a certain amount of moolah, with data showing what might be going on.

I doubt disk space was an issue.....so what else can it be?

wait wait...before you post that pic...I'll do it for you

Last edited by Afrikan; 08-29-2011 at 06:37 PM.
Old 08-29-2011, 06:35 PM   #40
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterkrabz
Umm, so they can put in back in the game at a later date and sell it as a "new" feature....they've been doing this for 10 years.
When have they ever taken anything out to be put in as a "new" feature. And for the record, stuff that was in last-gen doesn't count, since they had to start from scratch this gen.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »