Home

Why oh why do they remove things?

This is a discussion on Why oh why do they remove things? within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 08-29-2011, 05:19 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Why oh why do they remove things?

Last years versions had the KC Chiefs chants down perfectly now in 12 they gone! Why?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2011, 07:49 AM   #2
Pro

Patriots1996's Arena

OVR: 9
Because with Madden it's 12 steps forward and 37 steps back.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk
Old 08-29-2011, 08:25 AM   #3
MVP

TMJOHNS18's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Why oh why do they remove things?

Maybe they think consumers have very short memory and if they take away 2-3 things they can reintroduce them next year as part as the new additions. Or they can break commentary the year before the "big commentary overall" to make it seem like a vast improvement for 13.

Either way, it's real annoying when some of the "small things" that you like are dropped without reason.
Old 08-29-2011, 09:08 AM   #4
Rookie

NikeBlitz's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMJOHNS18
Maybe they think consumers have very short memory and if they take away 2-3 things they can reintroduce them next year as part as the new additions. Or they can break commentary the year before the "big commentary overall" to make it seem like a vast improvement for 13.

Either way, it's real annoying when some of the "small things" that you like are dropped without reason.

Great strategy lol.
Old 08-29-2011, 09:32 AM   #5
Banned

MacaulayRose7's Arena

OVR: 4

Because since there the only people with the real licsneces who make the only nfl game , they think the can get away with anything. Iv waited ages for this game, after reading the reveiws and your posts im starting to regret buying it. Im sick of them thinking the can get away with everything
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2011, 09:36 AM   #6
Pro

OVR: 3

I honestly don't know why they do it, there really has to be some logical reason behind it.

But when you see people who are new to the franchise who are oblivious to this "strategy" it makes you wonder if they do it on purpose to get one over on the consumer.

In many other threads that this discussion has come up, there are undoubtedly a few people who thank EA for adding X feature and Y feature, even though X and Y were in Madden 05 or 07 or whatever, and these fans are none the wiser to it. So it doesn't hurt EA at all, us old fans still buy the game, hoping, and these new fans still buy the game, praising.

I don't think it will ever change and at this point I'm not even sure it's the exclusive that "causes" this. I just think it is the leadership with Madden at this point.
Old 08-29-2011, 11:26 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by NICKx84
Last years versions had the KC Chiefs chants down perfectly now in 12 they gone! Why?
Which one the first down chant?.........I hear a chant on first downs
Old 08-29-2011, 12:11 PM   #8
MVP

infemous's Arena

OVR: 6

It's obscene how they are allowed to get away with this by trading standards.

Is there any way to actually sue?

It's really quite ridiculous how they remove things and then repackage them a few years later as new features.

The consumers have been butt buggered by EA for too long now and there needs to be a stand.

And for all those saying 'don't buy the game' you don't understand that a couple of hundred people not buying the game are replaced by the thousands that do buy it. All you are doing is penalising yourself and depriving yourself of the only NFL game out there.
If you can hack that, praise to you, but I know I love the NFL too much and playing Madden 03 for 8 years got kinda boring.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »