Home

Things to consider trying to Enjoy Madden 12 more

This is a discussion on Things to consider trying to Enjoy Madden 12 more within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-31-2011, 08:26 AM   #41
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Things to consider trying to Enjoy Madden 12 more

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryJones3
Uh... so which is it?
Normal speed, Threshold 85.

When I first started this thread I was on Slow, but then I got adjusted to it, and that speed made the game way to easy for me.

It is like everything else. You get a slider set then all of the sudden it gets easy and you adjust.

It never ends my friend. Now I will create a slider set that I like, and Im sure after that I will be moving to fast speed.

Speed does play a big part on how the CPU performs QB wise. They throw a better ball at the normal speed. Running the ball they hit those holes much faster also.

In a few weeks we will all have a better understanding. The game is only a week old for those that had the season pass.

Last edited by Tyrant8RDFL; 08-31-2011 at 08:29 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2011, 08:41 AM   #42
All Star

OVR: 21

Thx for the vids. The first on slow is pretty hard to look at with the two Vikings linemen falling down in unison. I read all this "slow speed makes the gameplay more realistic" but I don't see how. Normal seems better, but hard to get past the poor OL/DL interaction for me. The OL on every pass play seems to play out nearly the exact same way each time, and there's nothing dynamic about the DL smh. Gonna see if I can still hold out; thx

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Old 08-31-2011, 08:48 AM   #43
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
Thx for the vids. The first on slow is pretty hard to look at with the two Vikings linemen falling down in unison. I read all this "slow speed makes the gameplay more realistic" but I don't see how. Normal seems better, but hard to get past the poor OL/DL interaction for me. The OL on every pass play seems to play out nearly the exact same way each time, and there's nothing dynamic about the DL smh. Gonna see if I can still hold out; thx
Your welcome man. I strongly believe the line play wont change till EA changes the engines.

The FIFA engine if that could be used looks like it can deliver better line play.
Old 08-31-2011, 08:54 AM   #44
Banned

OVR: 0

What do you recommend for
Old 08-31-2011, 08:56 AM   #45
Banned

What do you recommend the Threshold for Very Slow setting?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2011, 08:59 AM   #46
Pro

SGMRock's Arena

OVR: 8

Everyone has a different take on how the game should be played, it's all subjective really. Try everyones method and see what you like most or make up your own! Thats what sliders are all about after all
Old 08-31-2011, 09:33 AM   #47
Rookie

Fly8Eagles4Fly's Arena

OVR: 2

Reading through, it all seems to make sense. So, I'll give it a shot and report back with some results!
Old 08-31-2011, 10:29 AM   #48
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrant8RDFL
Ok let me get right to it.

1.Threshold

You might want to try and raise the threshold. yes raise it and here is why.

Players in the NFL are not only very fast, but very agile. I also want to mention that the speed separation in the NFL is not big at all.

You want to feel the NFL speed experience then raise the threshold.

Now I have it at 85. To answer the question that will be asked. YES you can pull away from the defense. I will post a video later showing how Derrick Ward scored on a long TD run. I can not remember the length but it was over 40 yrds. We all know that D.Ward is not the fastest guy in the NFL.

Also by raising the threshold I feel like I have much better control over my guys, and again they feel fast and agile.

2.Tackling Slider

You want to lower the tackling slider. When I was first playing Madden 12 it was a ok experience to me. I was seeing what the results were going to be right before the play was even completed. Now with the tackle slider lowered I can now wonder on "Damn is that TE going to run over my DB" or "Yes maybe B.Jacobs can drive this player back for that 1st down". I was seeing nothing but big hits before I lowered this setting. Now with the lower setting. I'm really liking what I'm seeing. I also noticed way more wrap tackles.

Please don't worry it does not get carried away at all. I had one play in 2 games where a players broke 3 tackles in one play. I will post this video also. We have to admit this does happen in the NFL. It just does not happen all the time, and this what Im getting with lowering the setting. I'm getting WOW moments now.

I have it at 40 for both Human and CPU.

3.Shed Block

Now if you feel that your a solid runner, then raise shed block. What this has done for me is to really read where the defender is being pushed so I can hit the lane properly. Players being blocked in the NFL dont get locked into a block to easily. They may get pushed in a direction but once you get near them they tend to put a hand on you to slow you down.

Now don't worry if a player is being blocked by a stronger player than he will be handled. Just by lowering it the right amount doesn't have the players being stuck when they get blocked. Find what you think works for you.

I also feel that I need to help set up my blocks as im running. I feel like a NFL back now.

4.Interception slider

Many gamers will lower this slider, and I say NO NO NO! Thinking that this will handle the so called super LB!.

I cannot emphasize this anymore, but there is no super LB. They do not jump 50 ft in the sky. Madden passing game is the reason why a player 10 yrds away from the target can simply jump up and snatch a pass. There is a thread breaking this whole situation down. Please read it for tips on how to exactly avoid it.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-here-why.html

I'm a firm believer that if you throw a pass right at the defender it should be picked, and only a few should be dropped. Raising the slider for interceptions does exactly that.

I throw probably 1 to 2 ints within a 3 game span, and this is due to panicking under the pressure, and not throwing the ball away. You feel your a solid passer in the game then raise the Interception slider.

I get zero interceptions due to the so call super LB, and this is because I know how to pass the ball in Madden. Again visit the link I provided above to get information in this area.

I have this at 75 for both Human and CPU.

I feel these adjustment are geard for the hardcore sim player. I want to feel the speed of the NFL, which involves split second decisions.

Give these tips a try, and hopefully they will do for you what it has done for me. I know this is not for everyone. Just trying to bring some more joy to some.

Peace

Note: I play on Normal speed, but the speed of the game should not matter.

Thanks, I cant wait to get home so I can try out these settings. I also agree w/ you about the super LB. I think Madden 12 tweaked passing just enough to make this less of an issue in the past. With Rivers, I threw a perfect touch pass over the linebacker to Gates for a TD. For the most part I can put enough touch on a pass to keep it out of reach of the MLB droping back in a cover 2. However, with McNabb I did see some batted passes and huge overthrows. Obviously because Rivers is better than McNabb. QB accuracy really matters in this game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »