Home

Please fix Cam Newton's appearance!

This is a discussion on Please fix Cam Newton's appearance! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-29-2011, 11:04 PM   #25
Pro

OVR: 12
Re: Please fix Cam Newton's appearance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bedpan_Gamer
What about the # question guys?
I think Cam would be very tempted to switch to # 2 when Clausen is released/traded.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2011, 11:41 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 8

Cam won't switch back to number 2 if/when Clausen leaves. He stated after he got to practices after the lockout that he was just fine creating his brand behind the number 1 and that he liked the way it looked.
Old 08-30-2011, 08:05 AM   #27
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uped145
I see what you mean about Cam he really doesn't look anything like himself, Cam in the game has a mustache for crying out loud!
Yeah, it's pretty ridiculous... if they are going to use a generic face they should use face # 37 under skin tone # 6, that at least looks something like him.

I'm really going to be shocked if they don't have a face scan for the # 1 overall pick.
Old 08-30-2011, 08:39 AM   #28
Rookie

sleepyeagle's Arena

OVR: 3

I wonder if anyone on the Madden team was thinking about how long it would take us to realize they put an impostor in Newton's jersey.

I'm with CatMan, the dude was the #1 pick!

They keep making bonehead moves like this and they'll need to disable cut scenes completely and only show the players on-the-field view.

On top of that, has anyone noticed how creepy everyone's eyes are? Especially Aaron Rodgers, looks like he just saw a ghost!
Old 08-30-2011, 09:20 AM   #29
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyeagle
I wonder if anyone on the Madden team was thinking about how long it would take us to realize they put an impostor in Newton's jersey.

I'm with CatMan, the dude was the #1 pick!

They keep making bonehead moves like this and they'll need to disable cut scenes completely and only show the players on-the-field view.

On top of that, has anyone noticed how creepy everyone's eyes are? Especially Aaron Rodgers, looks like he just saw a ghost!
Yeah, you have to wonder about the thought process behind this... the kid was the # 1 overall pick and his face is plastered all over every NFL publication and promotion right now... but when you pop the disk in you get a guy with a generic face and a mustache????

It's "TRUE TO THE GAME", just not "TRUE TO THE # 1 OVERALL PICK"
Old 08-30-2011, 09:53 AM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 2

I dont have the game yet but am wondering if any of the rookies are right? Maybe when the NFLPA decertified and the rookies couldnt sign to recertify untill later they didnt have time to put the faces in? Am not sure but just an assumption.
Old 08-30-2011, 09:57 AM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 8

I think its just a Carolina Panther thing. They did the same thing to Jimmy Clausen last season and had to release a roster update mid-year to get his face corrected. Also, I notice while playing that one of the best names in the NFL "Captain Munnerlyn", is pronounced "Captain Myewnerlynn" in-game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2011, 10:08 AM   #32
Banned

WadeWilson2099's Arena

OVR: 0

I agree about the shoulder pad issues, that is REALLY annoying.

As for Cams face, i can live with that for the time being. He hasn't been in the NFL that long, so maybe EA just wasn't able to set up a time that he could come in for the motion scan.

However, not giving Deangelo Williams his hair, is beyond unacceptable. He's one of the more high profile backs in the NFL.

I am enjoying this years game, but the more i play, the more i truly question if the guys at EA even watch NFL football.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »