Home

Please fix Cam Newton's appearance!

This is a discussion on Please fix Cam Newton's appearance! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-26-2011, 09:50 PM   #337
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64
Re: Please fix Cam Newton's appearance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigmac612
who said he was elite though??...i think we were just giving praise about what he has done to this point..instead of just finding something to be critical of him about...he's done way more good than bad imo...if you have a problem with the media hyping him or giving him too much credit...then sorry that aint Cam fault...but you cant deny that he's ballin...ballin better than anyone thought he could...some guys have "IT" and when you see it, you recognize it...and i most def think he has "IT"..
The media? Why does anyone care what they say?

He has played well. But because someone points out a deficiency people like you got hyper defensive.
Old 09-26-2011, 09:54 PM   #338
Rookie

Bigmac612's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
The media? Why does anyone care what they say?

He has played well. But because someone points out a deficiency people like you got hyper defensive.
i dnt think i got hyper defensive at all...dont say "people like me" you dont know me...thats like me saying "People like you who can only find the negative in someone"..thats rude dude...i dont know you like that to come at you personally...

with that said...i do understand your point BK...and dnt really have any problem with it...but can Cam just get some love man dang lol

imma a customization guy..i like creating my own players or taking my players from NCAA to Madden...i just dont understand why EA just dont unlock all the customization stuff to us..like body sliders, height n weight etc for EVERY player..that way we dnt have to complain at their necks about simple little detail stuff that they easily could let us have control over...thats what partly makes 2Ksports sooo damn great

Last edited by Bigmac612; 09-26-2011 at 10:01 PM.
Old 09-26-2011, 09:59 PM   #339
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigmac612
i dnt think i got hyper defensive at all...dont say "people like me" you dont know me...thats like me saying "People like you who can only find the negative in someone"..thats rude dude...i dont know you like that to come at you personally...

with that said...i do understand your point BK...and dnt really have any problem with it...but can Cam just get some love man dang lol
Fair Enough. Lay off using the h a t e label then.
Old 09-26-2011, 10:02 PM   #340
Rookie

Bigmac612's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Fair Enough. Lay off using the h a t e label then.
Cool. Truce.
Old 09-26-2011, 10:32 PM   #341
The Hard Way

K0ZZ's Arena

OVR: 23

Way too early to say Cam is the best rookie ever like one analyst said (and was brought up in here)

The Packers defense isn't what it was last year, not terrible, but people shouldn't have as much trouble.

Just saying don't crown Cam just yet, I liked him at Auburn and the guy is a natural winner, by personality but I can't say he is anything amazing yet. He had a pair of great games, but really when the offense is as one dimensional as it has been, Newton is really given a lot more reign, especially coming off such a bad season for the Panthers a year ago.

He is as of now living up to the #1 pick though.

/inb4haterlabel
Old 09-26-2011, 10:45 PM   #342
Pro

OVR: 12

Quote:
Didn't dismiss anything. Nor am I big on pass yards especially when you are playing from behind.

There are 3 qb's over 1000 yards right now and like eight more within 100 of it so I'm not sure of the significance.
So there's no significance to a rookie throwing for over 1,000 yards in his first 3 starts???
Old 09-26-2011, 10:48 PM   #343
Pro

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagopax
Way too early to say Cam is the best rookie ever like one analyst said (and was brought up in here)

The Packers defense isn't what it was last year, not terrible, but people shouldn't have as much trouble.

Just saying don't crown Cam just yet, I liked him at Auburn and the guy is a natural winner, by personality but I can't say he is anything amazing yet. He had a pair of great games, but really when the offense is as one dimensional as it has been, Newton is really given a lot more reign, especially coming off such a bad season for the Panthers a year ago.

He is as of now living up to the #1 pick though.

/inb4haterlabel
FYI, that "analyst" is Gil Brandt... widely known as the "Godfather" of the modern scouting process.
Old 09-26-2011, 11:30 PM   #344
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

OVR: 46

Why do Cam Newton threads in the Madden forum keep turning into Pro Football conversations?
"It may well be that we spectators, who are not divinely gifted as athletes, are the only ones able to truly see, articulate and animate the experience of the gift we are denied. And that those who receive and act out the gift of athletic genius must, perforce, be blind and dumb about it -- and not because blindness and dumbness are the price of the gift, but because they are its essence." - David Foster Wallace

"You'll not find more penny-wise/pound-foolish behavior than in Major League Baseball." - Rob Neyer
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »