Home

Madden NFL 12 Review (360/PS3)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 12 Review (360/PS3) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2011, 11:50 PM   #81
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Madden NFL 12 Review (360/PS3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
you must not have played any of the 2k baseball games.
Or hockey, either.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2011, 12:10 AM   #82
MVP

Gorilla Glass's Arena

OVR: 6
I totally agree with this review. Hopefully they can tune it up to make it a bit tighter. None the less, its fun as he'll online and I can't wait for new season ratings, to get started on Franchise mode. Good review...
Old 08-30-2011, 12:19 AM   #83
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
You must have not gotten my point then either.

I'm not talking about the glitches, or other values that might have affected your thoughts of the game.

My point is, 2k actually looks like they are trying to create the experience, as closely as possible. Yes, they messed up in specific gameplays and franchise additions - and yes it's not forgiveable - but the fact remains that they go all out to TRY to make a better game. You do not get a MLB 2k11.5 or NHL 2k5.5 - sorry I don't know the timeline of the NHL series - but with Madden you do. Every single time. Without fail. Everyone knows it, you know it and if you think you don't - you're kidding yourself.

I will say that this has primarily to do with the current-gen system integration, PC and PS2/xbox was different - those days were actually incredible come to think of it.
Old 08-30-2011, 12:34 AM   #84
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
You must have not gotten my point then either.

I'm not talking about the glitches, or other values that might have affected your thoughts of the game.

My point is, 2k actually looks like they are trying to create the experience, as closely as possible. Yes, they messed up in specific gameplays and franchise additions - and yes it's not forgiveable - but the fact remains that they go all out to TRY to make a better game. You do not get a MLB 2k11.5 or NHL 2k5.5 - sorry I don't know the timeline of the NHL series - but with Madden you do. Every single time. Without fail. Everyone knows it, you know it and if you think you don't - you're kidding yourself.

I will say that this has primarily to do with the current-gen system integration, PC and PS2/xbox was different - those days were actually incredible come to think of it.
Ok, so EA bad, 2k good. 2k good even when they release a horrid product. Got it.
Old 08-30-2011, 12:43 AM   #85
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich7sena
Its perplexing to me how this game got a 7.5 as opposed to last years 9. All that Madden 11 added from Madden 10 was Gameflow, strategy pad and a broken difficulty system (all of which were negatively received). I suppose the ambition that Madden 12 undertook didn't deliver on all accounts but it still laid out a foundation for future games. I didn't agree with the score Madden 11 got last year and while I don't believe this is the same reviewer from last year, there needs to be some consistency with the scores on the same site.
For the few that have said this: we're scoring games under a new system that uses the full 10 point scale. The text at the beginning of the review is to be skipped over at your own peril of losing important context. A 7.5 is still quite good on our scale now!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2011, 01:04 AM   #86
Banned

illmatic04's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
Great review. Covered points of concern, I think everyone needs to give Chris credit for being completely honest and not witholding. He plays devil's advocate well, but at the same you can tell the passion for football in his tone is still very much alive despite what Madden 12 has brought on.

I'm joining the group that is torn. I'm mad at EA these days. Just so incredibly upset with how much they shortchange the football fans. How badly they disgrace the passionate gamers who have been faithfully optimistic beside their side. It really sucks to feel this way, because Madden has been part of my life since I was 12 (14 years ago!).

The more I play 2k sports games - any of them - the more I enjoy my video gaming experience. I find myself playing basketball, a sport I couldn't really game with, just because of the way you can tell 2k is not half creating their games. And even if there are glitches in their games, at least you can tell that there is genuine effort being put in. Seriously, what is so frickin hard about going ALL OUT and just creating a great game!? How frickin hard is it to do that?

Back to 2k5 for another year. Time to buy a HD transfer cable, lol.
joke of the day , 2K sports is one of the worst companies ever that people have had high hopes on time & time again but always failed. Examples? MLB games, NHL games .. the only decent enough game 2K has produced is the NBA game, that's about it
Old 08-30-2011, 01:10 AM   #87
Rookie

EPtheKING's Arena

OVR: 3
i got season ticket (save your trash talk for your parents) and couldn't play online because it kept kicking me off the EA servers....great.....i just got it and can't play ranked games because it keeps kicking me off the EA servers.....wow......I personally have never ever EVER had a problem with madden but this one is very shady.....why can't I find all the plays and formations in the Pittsburgh playbook???? some of them aren't in there when I try to create my custom playbook.....is it me?!?!?!.....the same thing happens when I try to create my defensive playbook......I'm completely at a loss for words right now....
Old 08-30-2011, 01:13 AM   #88
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Quote:
Ok, so EA bad, 2k good. 2k good even when they release a horrid product. Got it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by illmatic04
joke of the day , 2K sports is one of the worst companies ever that people have had high hopes on time & time again but always failed. Examples? MLB games, NHL games .. the only decent enough game 2K has produced is the NBA game, that's about it
Lol, waste of breath. You both are missing the point, but that's okay - it's bound to get lost in translation. For what it's worth, I'm not dogging on EA - I'm simply sick of having to defend them and defend their potential in creating true genuine attempts of the sport I love - not the video game, and if you don't get that there's a difference between those two, then you truly are lost.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »