Home

Madden NFL 12 Review (360/PS3)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 12 Review (360/PS3) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2011, 05:24 PM   #49
Banned

OVR: 49
Re: Madden NFL 12 Review (360/PS3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellamoaaron
But let's be honest, it's a lot easier to make a basketball, baseball, or even soccer game than it is to make a football game. For what they've been able to do with this game, I think was a huge jump for the series. I absolutely hated 11 and mostly every Madden this gen outside of 08, and this one truly impressed me. I would say I haven't played a football game that is better than this.
From the years 00-2005 football titles were amazing. Probably better then any other sports games at the time. My opinion, exclusives to EA is what made football game inferior. I personally don't believe football is the hardest sport to create. Football has the most emotion, specially in commentary, yet look how that turned out. Any game would be bad if the creators get lazy. Just my opinion
Old 08-29-2011, 05:24 PM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 8
i don't really care about what people say about the game, i think its alot better when it is compared to the past games, it can be better tho. plus i got the game for $27 dollars so i'm not even trippen either way.
Old 08-29-2011, 05:55 PM   #51
All Star

OVR: 21

Kudos to the in-depth OS review this year. I feel far better informed than I ever have in years previous; I think collectively it was by far the most in-depth football review I've ever read. I thought the Gameplay and Franchise sections in particular were very detailed and well-written/balanced and focused on details I felt were important. I really want a NFL game and I'm positive M12 is the best Madden this generation. But ultimately, that's not saying all that much as most of us know. As badly as I want a football game I'm not sure I want to do [essentially a $40 rental, if I trade it in for $25-30 in a couple months] that's gonna give the equivalant of a quick sugar rush and not much meat (for me). In the absence of competition reviews like these should help the game improve substantially in the long run though

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2011, 06:04 PM   #52
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
Kudos to the in-depth OS review this year. I feel far better informed than I ever have in years previous; I think collectively it was by far the most in-depth football review I've ever read. I thought the Gameplay and Franchise sections in particular were very detailed and well-written/balanced and focused on details I felt were important. I really want a NFL game and I'm positive M12 is the best Madden this generation. But ultimately, that's not saying all that much as most of us know. As badly as I want a football game I'm not sure I want to do [essentially a $40 rental, if I trade it in for $25-30 in a couple months] that's gonna give the equivalant of a quick sugar rush and not much meat (for me). In the absence of competition reviews like these should help the game improve substantially in the long run though

Madden 12 IS the best Madden this Gen.
Last Gen The Best Madden was Madden 2003 believe it not on GameCube.
The Best football game is still on Last Gen with NFL 2k5.
But 2k5 was surpassed by Madden 09 on Xbox 360 in many ways thanks to new tech.

Madden 10 and 11(edited not so much) where mere placeholders for what Madden 12 is.

However much of what worked in madden for 10 and 11 are not changed much in Madden 12.

But madden looks and feels SO different than previous years that is a shame to not pick up and play this year.

Graphically and animation wise its wowed me.
Old 08-29-2011, 06:07 PM   #53
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

OVR: 20

I think this was a fair review....

The series has finally regained and maybe even surpassed its glory years(04-05) form...

but its 2011.....and that just doesn't hold up as well anymore in the wake of the other heavy hitters in the Sports Game Genre

My CFB Teams:
Marshall..WVU-Go Herd/Eeers!!!

Old 08-29-2011, 06:16 PM   #54
Rookie

alangst's Arena

OVR: 1
This is a fair, tough review of a good game. Pretty much what i would expect from a webpage called OperationSports. Keep it up.
Old 08-29-2011, 06:18 PM   #55
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22
It seems like we've gotten past the point of there being a whole lot of major flaws and now the nitpicking of other little issues has begun. That's probably a good thing because it means Madden might be working it's way to a more and more polished game.

-The playcalling has been the same forever and I've never heard anything about how unrealistic playcalling is in the reviews until now.

-Same goes for defense. I don't know how you could really make it any more exciting.

-The new kick meter being a step backward is a joke. I don't think I ever missed a single kick with the old RS kick meter. I could literally be in a completely different room and make every kick because it was that easy. Maybe they should go back to the Super Nintendo style kick meter the circle goes up and down for power and then side to side for accuracy. They need to take the arrow out of it though because that is what makes it so easy.

-Overshadowing an obviously greatly improved franchise with things like 'clunky menus' seems a little degrading in the overall scope of things but maybe that's just me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2011, 06:27 PM   #56
Rookie

fliplm0de's Arena

OVR: 5
From what i've been reading from the final build and those who got the game 3 days early this is pretty accurate. Yea the game looks nice too bad it doesn't play as well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »