Home

Best thing for EA & Gamers. Rebuild

This is a discussion on Best thing for EA & Gamers. Rebuild within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2011, 04:43 PM   #9
Pro

SGMRock's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Best thing for EA & Gamers. Rebuild

If I remember correctly when the 360 came out everyone was mad because EA pretty much did nothing new with the first wave of games that came out. It wasn't until the 2nd release on the new consoles that they actualy made more major changes.
Old 08-29-2011, 04:53 PM   #10
All Star

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrant8RDFL
Just as a note EA is using a different engine from last gen to this current gen. This was pretty evident once you see the animations come to life.

I had asked two years ago if what they were trying to implement with protak if it can be done with last gen engine, and they told me no.

Then they went on to explain what advantages and disadvantages the two engines presented.

So there will be a new engine next gen. That wont even be a question, and when that happens. Then when they will admit all the handicaps this current engine presented, and how this new engine will bring a true authentic brand of football.
You beat me to it. It's been a few years now, but I remember the EA team saying they rebuilt the madden engine, and I'm fairly certain it was during this generation of consoles.
Old 08-29-2011, 05:20 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 0

Truth is, I really don't look for EA to do much rest of this gen, & lease 2yrs into next gen...cause if they rebuild madden for the next gen think bout the bugs we will have to deal, if they still have the bugs they got now. Guess i have lost a lot of faith in EA...is what it is..i think they did rebuild for this gen also, so next gen just be the same maybe look better,......
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2011, 05:45 PM   #12
Rookie

davjaffe's Arena

OVR: 6

They pretty much rebuilt NHL and FIFA mid-stream, and those two are probably EA Sports' best products. However, we all remember what happened with NBA Elite. Still, I think rebuilding most (if not all) of the product would be for the best - gameplay-wise, at least, the game just seems to be running in place at this point.
Old 08-29-2011, 06:56 PM   #13
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by davjaffe
They pretty much rebuilt NHL and FIFA mid-stream, and those two are probably EA Sports' best products. However, we all remember what happened with NBA Elite. Still, I think rebuilding most (if not all) of the product would be for the best - gameplay-wise, at least, the game just seems to be running in place at this point.
Of course, the NHL series had direct serious competition. The NHL series wasn't really legit, this gen, until NHL 09. Madden? "Eh."
Old 08-29-2011, 07:09 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGMRock
If I remember correctly when the 360 came out everyone was mad because EA pretty much did nothing new with the first wave of games that came out. It wasn't until the 2nd release on the new consoles that they actualy made more major changes.
They didn't just do nothing new. They took out a bunch of features. This was really evident on the NCAA side.

There is no comparison between the PS1->PS2 jump and the PS2->PS3 (XBOX->XBOX360) jump. The former added better features and gameplay while the latter regressed in both respects.

At the end of the day it is no use complaining, EA is the only girl at the dance and will be for some time. Dance with her or go home. The more people who do the latter (longshot, i know), and maybe EA will wake up.
Old 08-29-2011, 07:14 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by schwaby

At the end of the day it is no use complaining, EA is the only girl at the dance and will be for some time. Dance with her or go home. The more people who do the latter (longshot, i know), and maybe EA will wake up.
The problem with this analogy is that this time it is the girl raping us
But I highly doubt EA will rebuild the engine on this generation of cycles. It is just not feasible. It takes a lot of time to implement a new game engine and that is not even considering the amount of bugs it would create.

I am hoping that on the new consoles EA does not do what it did last time and rush out a football title. Take the first year off and spend more time making a solid game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2011, 07:24 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
The problem with this analogy is that this time it is the girl raping us
But I highly doubt EA will rebuild the engine on this generation of cycles. It is just not feasible. It takes a lot of time to implement a new game engine and that is not even considering the amount of bugs it would create.

I am hoping that on the new consoles EA does not do what it did last time and rush out a football title. Take the first year off and spend more time making a solid game.
Barring a Madden '96-esque debacle, that's unfortunately never going to happen. There's just too much money involved. If the same scenario was shifted to today, they'd ship the game and a couple patches and wash their hands clean of it by the next year.

Although, I must say the whole NBA Elite 11 boondoggle does restore my faith in the company somewhat. Must be nice to have competition pushing you in that regard

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »