Home

So who's playing in a Madden 12 release party tournament tonight?

This is a discussion on So who's playing in a Madden 12 release party tournament tonight? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2011, 06:51 PM   #1
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
So who's playing in a Madden 12 release party tournament tonight?

I just signed up for one at my local Wal-Mart, same one I've been in the last three years. It's up to 16 players, 12 have signed up so far, should be a lot of fun. Winner gets a free copy of Madden 12 for the system of their choice.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2011, 07:14 PM   #2
Pro

baller7345's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: So who's playing in a Madden 12 release party tournament tonight?

Not sure you can call it a release tourney but I did go to one at my local Wal-Mart on the 27th. About 30 people showed up and it was double elimination (took 12 hours to complete). At the end I can say that I haven't had to pay for Madden for 3 years running now .

Tons of Eagles players...one guy played 7 games and six were against the eagles. He wasn't too happy about that.

Last edited by baller7345; 08-29-2011 at 07:58 PM.
Old 08-29-2011, 07:21 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

Bout' to go to one in a small town next to where I go to college Winner gets game AND an accessory, 2nd place gets the game. So far 6 people have signed up LOL. Let's just say I think I might not have to pay for Madden this year :P
Old 08-29-2011, 08:09 PM   #4
MVP

pmurray20's Arena

OVR: 9

yea im running one in my walmart lol we have about 30 people but not going to be 12 hours haha 3 min quarters no acc clock any suggestions?? it starts in an hour
Old 08-29-2011, 08:17 PM   #5
Rookie

Yea, I am playing in one at 10:00 at my local gamestop. I signed up a couple of weeks ago when there were only about 6 other names on the list. I went in to pay off the rest of the game today and there are about 20-24 people signed up now, I would say 10 of the people are the eagles, and about 8 are the patriots, with the rest being pretty random. I hope the system we will be using has had the updated rosters, I will be playing as the Ravens, my favorite team, and I really need Lee Evans to help me stretch the field. Good luck guys!

GAMERTAG: ZACKATTACK52
REGION: PHILADELPHIA
FAVORITE TEAM: RAVENS
FAVORITE PLAYER: RAY LEWIS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2011, 08:21 PM   #6
MVP

pmurray20's Arena

OVR: 9

the funny thing is people can be the eagles all they want in my tournament here at walmart but the game doesnt have updated rosters haha people will be disapointed
Old 08-29-2011, 08:43 PM   #7
Pro

baller7345's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmurray20
the funny thing is people can be the eagles all they want in my tournament here at walmart but the game doesnt have updated rosters haha people will be disapointed
Yeah honestly they aren't even going to be that bad even after the update. The guy who played them that many times only lost 1 and the loss came to the only guy who used Vick as a passer first (came down to the last second). He managed to hold them in check all day with the Bucs so I see no problem with people playing with them just sort of gets repetitive. Also when he played said pocket passing Vick in the semifinals of the loser bracket he won by 3 scores with 5 picks, not getting beat over the top all game.

The final four ended up being the Ravens, Bucs, the pocket pasing Eagles guy, and my Packers so after we weeded out the weak we ended up having some diversity.

As for advice on running the tourney I'd say you got everything fine if you want to make sure it doesn't run too long. Though if you have more than 2 tv's then you can run 5 minute qtrs just fine and still come in under 12 hours. If it is double elimination I'd say try to get the losers bracket started as soon as possible because otherwise the person who wins the main bracket will be stuck waiting for awhile (I waited about 3 hours to play the final game).

Last edited by baller7345; 08-29-2011 at 08:48 PM.
Old 08-29-2011, 08:54 PM   #8
Pro

baller7345's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZACKATTACK52
Yea, I am playing in one at 10:00 at my local gamestop. I signed up a couple of weeks ago when there were only about 6 other names on the list. I went in to pay off the rest of the game today and there are about 20-24 people signed up now, I would say 10 of the people are the eagles, and about 8 are the patriots, with the rest being pretty random. I hope the system we will be using has had the updated rosters, I will be playing as the Ravens, my favorite team, and I really need Lee Evans to help me stretch the field. Good luck guys!
Your Ravens can still have a potent passing offense with the non updated rosters. Your 3rd string WR has 92 speed (I think) so you can still go deep. Honestly though your possession WR really shine this year as Driver was one of my biggest threats. I was even able to get him deep because he was able to keep the corner behind him due to his route running which seemed to stop the corner from overtaking him at the end of the route.

I'll promise you one thing you'll love your defense...I ended up playing the Ravens guy at my tourney twice and each time it was a struggle to score. Won the first game 23-7 but that was because I got the turnovers. The finals match was 14-0 with more punts than I've ever seen in a 5 minute quarter game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »