Home

[Important Feedback] Lives up to the hype? Don't think so

This is a discussion on [Important Feedback] Lives up to the hype? Don't think so within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-30-2011, 05:43 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
[Important Feedback] Lives up to the hype? Don't think so

Here is my feedback based on 3 categories

Presentation -
Commentary feels very delayed. The feel of excitement through the commentators is just not there in this year's madden. Sometimes they don't call out players by their names but they call out their jersey numbers instead. The halftime show is just a disappointment. There should be stat comparisons and a few good highlights with detailed captions. The team-specific intros are a very nice touch and I enjoy it. I do hate it when people keep pressing A to skip scenes because those are the ones who don't appreciate the presentation. Skipping cut scenes in both online and offline should require both users to press A not just one. Overall: Madden 10 presentation is better, 7/10

Game play - I'm astonished! The game play has improved astoundingly from last year's madden. The zone defense and man to man coverage is much more better. The suctions aren't completely gone but they're drastically reduced. The sideline catches are finally implemented and I am pleased about that. New animations on defense and offense are done very well. It just feels more like football now. However, issues are always present in madden games. Collision system of wide recievers and defensive backs are still bad. Throwing long bombs is a disaster and more on the luck side. Pass interferences aren't being called because of the poor collision system. Weird, and too common, the catches without looking behind is still present. Same goes for the interceptions. In conclusion, warping is still there, poor collision system in the back field, suction still exists in every aspect of the game but it has been reduced. Also, there seems to be problems with speed differences. Adrian Peterson should be able to run all the way when at max acceleration especially when db's and lb's are behind him. Gameplay: 7/10

Franchise - Very nice new features like free agency bidding, cutting players ,etc. But I feel like they also went downhill again with the franchise. They removed the weekly extra point shows. That was a very nice feature to have. The news section is always filled with injuries which is boring. The francise interface is too simple and I just don't like it. I just wish they look at how 2k makes their franchises. The simulated stats for cpu games is very accurate but I don't play 15 minute quarters. I play 4 minute quarters and it really ticks me off when the computer has 45 passing attempts per game when I have only 19 passing attempts per game. Why don't they make cpu games simulation adjustable for 3 min ,4 min ,etc? 2k has that kind of option but why doesn't ea madden have that? That is really stupid. Overall: 5/10

What needs to be changed and focused on:
I really like what the NHL franchise is doing right now. 3 year cycle development for a full physics engine momentum based in all apsects of the game. Madden is continuing to go downhill because of their lack of bigger commitment in their game. I always hear that they can't implement all the features in one year. Then do what NHL is doing. I like it better that way because they're actually improving the game play dramatically and it's going a lot more towards simulation of hockey. I also understand the madden developers are taking it easy because there's no competition which really ticks me off. Wasting years doing nothing when they could've been making full signature styles for each player. I really miss the competition in the NFL gaming market. EA just has to buy out licenses. In the future, the game is not going to get any better until they add full physics based on momentum. When is the last time Madden had a overall critic score of 9.0? Gamespot just reviewed it a 7.5. Come on EA football , you can do better.

Last edited by NATINO; 08-30-2011 at 06:00 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2011, 11:20 AM   #2
MVP

Danimal's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: [Important Feedback] Lives up to the hype? Don't think so

Sorry meant please use the impressions thread.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »