Home

Scouting Tips: Good info I've researched!

This is a discussion on Scouting Tips: Good info I've researched! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-31-2011, 12:02 AM   #25
Rookie

martz28's Arena

OVR: 3
Lightbulb Re: Scouting Tips: Good info I've researched!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinity120
No one else is bothered by my findings??? This is a HUGE problem imo and needs to be taken more seriously so we can possibly get it patched, or at least looked into by EA. Surely they didn't design the scouting to be like this on purpose

I am bothered by this and want to thank you for finding all this out , so it can be fixed, hopefully .
I started a franchise already so this is kind of a bummer, i guess i will have to hold off for a while (hopefully not too long tho).

anyways
Thanks again Trinity
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2011, 12:10 AM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Scouting Tips: Good info I've researched!

Thanks for the info Trinity.

What baffles me is who thought it was a good idea to give out stiff arm ratings for every player during the scouting? Why not just give out ranges for stats that actually mean something to the position and then shrink the range as you scout the player through the combine and pro day? Who thought this was a good way to scout? Seriously. Seems like a half-assed attempt.
Old 08-31-2011, 12:11 AM   #27
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Nice work Trinity.

Quick question since you seem to be the resident scouting guru...

I just advanced to Week 6 in my franchise. When I go into scouting it says that I am scouting 0 of 15. I originally scouted guys in Week 1 but, forgot to check on them during Week 5. I tried to scout new guys and I can't. What am I doing wrong here?

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 08-31-2011, 12:45 AM   #28
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
Nice work Trinity.

Quick question since you seem to be the resident scouting guru...

I just advanced to Week 6 in my franchise. When I go into scouting it says that I am scouting 0 of 15. I originally scouted guys in Week 1 but, forgot to check on them during Week 5. I tried to scout new guys and I can't. What am I doing wrong here?

What do you have ur setting on for scouting? If its set to cpu, they will scout 15 players for you if u forget at week 5. If its set to user and u sim the week I think you just missed out on scouting. It asks if you are sure I believe before it lets you go on and not scout players.
Old 08-31-2011, 01:47 AM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 5

It seems odd to me that you can unlock RBK and PBK for linemen rather easily (which are their most important skills), but you can't unlock a DB's coverage ratings without the individual workout. Am I reading that right? Seems like they should make it more balanced.
Old 08-31-2011, 01:55 AM   #30
Rookie

Hajmyis's Arena

OVR: 0

I followed your guide and wow. I trade to get 14 picks to rebulid my offense. I found a qb in round five 77A with clutch rating, three lineman in the 80s withA pot, and two WR in 70s with A pot, and Rb with B pot. People follow this guide and scouting and drafting is alot easier and no blind picks.
Old 08-31-2011, 02:42 AM   #31
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettoqball
It seems odd to me that you can unlock RBK and PBK for linemen rather easily (which are their most important skills), but you can't unlock a DB's coverage ratings without the individual workout. Am I reading that right? Seems like they should make it more balanced.

Yeah I know...it's like the game sees a player as a different position than he really is, so it unlocks attributes that aren't specific for his position. I'm sure they didn't intend for it to work this way, I'm just hoping we hear that they are at least looking into it soon.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2011, 10:41 AM   #32
Pro

SGMRock's Arena

OVR: 8

Good stuff. Thanks for typing that all out! Must have been a pain!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »