Home

Scouting Tips: Good info I've researched!

This is a discussion on Scouting Tips: Good info I've researched! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-31-2011, 10:51 AM   #33
Banned

OVR: 7
Re: Scouting Tips: Good info I've researched!

im just waiting for ea's "This is working as intended" statement...kinda like how in ncaa last year WR's would all have below 60's spm and jukes.
Old 08-31-2011, 11:59 AM   #34
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinity120
Yeah I know...it's like the game sees a player as a different position than he really is, so it unlocks attributes that aren't specific for his position. I'm sure they didn't intend for it to work this way, I'm just hoping we hear that they are at least looking into it soon.
During the season, the game is unlocking general attributes. You're only allowed one or two positional attributes during the season. Pro days are your opportunity to really unlock positional ratings.
Old 08-31-2011, 12:10 PM   #35
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
During the season, the game is unlocking general attributes. You're only allowed one or two positional attributes during the season. Pro days are your opportunity to really unlock positional ratings.

Yeah, I understand that...but that doesn't explain why Punters/Kickers, when scouted in season unlock nearly every single attribute, except the ones that mean most(KPW and KAC). And imo, since it does that the AI somehow knows this so they scout 10-12 and end up drafting a punter in the top 10(imported draft classes, haven't tested generated yet) every single time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2011, 01:07 PM   #36
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

Quote:
Yeah, I understand that...but that doesn't explain why Punters/Kickers, when scouted in season unlock nearly every single attribute, except the ones that mean most(KPW and KAC). And imo, since it does that the AI somehow knows this so they scout 10-12 and end up drafting a punter in the top 10(imported draft classes, haven't tested generated yet) every single time.
The punter/kicker issue is NCAA classes only. Generated don't have this issue.
Old 08-31-2011, 01:19 PM   #37
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
The punter/kicker issue is NCAA classes only. Generated don't have this issue.
Yay! This is good news...haven't tested so I wasn't sure. I'll be using generated ones then, good news!
Old 08-31-2011, 01:25 PM   #38
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

Quote:
Yay! This is good news...haven't tested so I wasn't sure. I'll be using generated ones then, good news!
yeah, the only reason I wanted to use the NCAA 12 draft classes was to see some kids I coached make it to the NFL. But really, the drafting is weird, and several of my classes are blank anyways due to the "saved at the wrong time" stuff. So in reality, I'll maybe see one or two kids make it. I think I'll just use the generated classes and rename later.
Old 08-31-2011, 02:33 PM   #39
Banned

OVR: 14

Trinity I passed out your sliders to four of my friends, as we are looking for a tough set to start our offline dynasties, and a set hard enough that will push us and better prepare us for our online league.

All of us agree your set was way too easy. There are aspects we all liked, and I'm going to list a couple Pro's/Con's to hopefully help you if you even care. Again, we're not criticizing, and we all thank you for taking the time to come up with a fairly good set to start from. In my opinion these sliders are more for the Madden gamers who aren't as competitive as we are.

First of all your sliders are set to All-Pro. I'm sure you know this as it can be confirmed by the speed of the kick-meter in-game. That doesn't however mean the game plays on All-Pro difficulty, as it doesn't. It's harder due to the sliders being adjusted.

For this years madden to be on All-Madden difficulty, the slider adjustments must equal or be less than 75 for human sliders and 150 for the cpu. So the room you can adjust the sliders is limited.

We felt the cpu passing game was just not consistent. The cpu pass rush still continues to get to you too quick. There were times I had no time at all to throw. The user run game was lackluster. No consistent run game, which forced us to pass the ball to win.

The holding penalties were too high for us, as was roughing the passer. We all were getting anywhere from 8-15 penalties between the two calls per game we played, so we all were in agreement they had to be toned down.

The Pro's are the passing game felt fair, as did the QB Accuracy. Although as a side note I think the game may have a glitch when guys get wide-open on fly patterns with NO cpu defender running alongside them during the entire route. Many QB's, even the great ones are missing those passes by overthrowing the WR's. One guy on pastapadre.com is up to 0-9 in those situations. I'm about the same. I'm yet to complete one without the cpu CB running alongside my guy. Stopping the cpu run was mixed. On one hand, during some games I liked it a lot. The cpu would get some good chunks of yardage on me and others they didn't do anything. So I'm still leaning PRO but I've got mixed feelings toward the run game right now.

Those area few things that come to mind to us I thought I'd share.

Last edited by bucfan47; 08-31-2011 at 02:37 PM.
Old 08-31-2011, 02:41 PM   #40
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

I have not gotten my copy of the game yet....but reading a ton of stuff here has pointed out 2 major things to me.

1) I will not import any NCAA draft classes till this drafting a punter in the 1st round is addressed by EA via patch if it is ever addressed at all.

2) I will not edit any players at all due to the player roles dissappearing if you edit anything.

So apparently NCAA importing is still flawed (which was said to have been tuned big time)

And a back of the box feature in fully editable players in franchise mode...at any time is flawed as it takes away the other major feature making it's return in player roles.

Sigh.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »