Home

I really think alot of these "problems" people have

This is a discussion on I really think alot of these "problems" people have within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-31-2011, 01:26 PM   #33
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: I really thinks alot of these "problems" people have

ps2 madden is like the fast setting
Old 08-31-2011, 01:28 PM   #34
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
Well yea that is common sense. But my point is the game is a VERY fast game and things happen in milliseconds not half seconds. So but turning the game speed faster it represents the speed things occur on the field better. Are some of the animations more twitchy, YES. But that twitch is still there on Normal, Slow and very slow. It just plays out slower. Does not mean it makes the game more realistic because it "looks" less twitchy, it just means visually it looks better to you. But for a accurate representation of "trying to find that hole", "Looking for that opening in zone", and "Reading what play is being run". Very fast represents that better in my opinion.
That being said, there's a difference between being able to react within a split second on the field and being able to react through a controller.
Old 08-31-2011, 01:29 PM   #35
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Thanks Ty!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2011, 01:32 PM   #36
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
That being said, there's a difference between being able to react within a split second on the field and being able to react through a controller.
To a degree Bronco, but I look at it this way. All pro is to easy and I don't like All madden because it seems cheating. So how can you make it more difficult on user without adjusting any sliders. Crank speed up so reaction time is lower similar to what a real player must deal with. Granted I get what you are saying but I think it truly takes less time to react with your thumb on a button than to plant a foot, change direction with your body, or the other hundreds of things players do almost instantaneously. The speed of the NFL is greatly under estimated and I think this helps make game tougher and truer to being on the field. While we can all agree certain visual elements might be slightly off. I rather sacrifice minor visual elements for a more realistic speed to the game.
Old 08-31-2011, 01:43 PM   #37
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
To a degree Bronco, but I look at it this way. All pro is to easy and I don't like All madden because it seems cheating. So how can you make it more difficult on user without adjusting any sliders. Crank speed up so reaction time is lower similar to what a real player must deal with. Granted I get what you are saying but I think it truly takes less time to react with your thumb on a button than to plant a foot, change direction with your body, or the other hundreds of things players do almost instantaneously. The speed of the NFL is greatly under estimated and I think this helps make game tougher and truer to being on the field. While we can all agree certain visual elements might be slightly off. I rather sacrifice minor visual elements for a more realistic speed to the game.
I can see that, and I can't disagree. I personally had issues, initially, when I played NHL 2011, because things I can actually do in a game I cannot do with a controller. I can get a snapshot off quickly, but in NHL 2011 I had to tell myself to shoot sooner because the defenders would close down on me before the animation could play properly. XD

But I can't disagree with the difficulty argument at all. Each person plays Madden differently. Hurray for sliders!
Old 08-31-2011, 01:53 PM   #38
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

Compare the speed here. Look how much slower legs churn on the game on normal speed compared to how fast hole is hit and gone on Pitt Run. Hell watch the Pats run right after and how fast ALL these runs look compared to normal speed of Madden

Game Speed Normal Run
http://youtu.be/6B_Udcs75AY?t=3m14s

Real Life Run Speed
http://youtu.be/zEQvdieE57I?t=29s

Last edited by Phobia; 08-31-2011 at 01:57 PM.
Old 08-31-2011, 01:56 PM   #39
Banned

Manning2Harrison's Arena

OVR: 11

Since I play coach mode I have no worries about being able to mash a button quick enough, so I'll give it a try.

If the outcome of a game depends on your controller skills, never, ever try to call yourself a sim player.
Old 08-31-2011, 02:01 PM   #40
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

Those two runs, the feet are nearly on the same tempo, actually. Unless this is a trick and you're going to say "HA, that was FAST speed, sucka!"

And look how fast, in the Madden video, the linebackers get moving forward as compared to the actual game footage? Ugh.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »