Home

I really think alot of these "problems" people have

This is a discussion on I really think alot of these "problems" people have within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-31-2011, 02:02 PM   #41
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63
Re: I really thinks alot of these "problems" people have

I am going to record some game play on Very Fast tonight. Video will be up by tomorrow. That way we can compare it to these real life broadcast angles also. I will start recording when I get home around 5:30 pm.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2011, 02:06 PM   #42
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
Those two runs, the feet are nearly on the same tempo, actually. Unless this is a trick and you're going to say "HA, that was FAST speed, sucka!"

And look how fast, in the Madden video, the linebackers get moving forward as compared to the actual game footage? Ugh.
LOL no way Bronco. This is a perception thing so of course we have our own take on it until we break it down scientifically. But I clearly see the speed of Pitt run being way way faster than the Best run.
Old 08-31-2011, 02:16 PM   #43
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
LOL no way Bronco. This is a perception thing so of course we have our own take on it until we break it down scientifically. But I clearly see the speed of Pitt run being way way faster than the Best run.
Steelers' run, at full speed, was at 190 BPM average. Javid Best, in Madden, was running 186 BPM on average at full speed.

The problem could be due to animations and the blur effect of TV.
Old 08-31-2011, 02:20 PM   #44
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
Steelers' run, at full speed, was at 190 BPM average. Javid Best, in Madden, was running 186 BPM on average at full speed.

The problem could be due to animations and the blur effect of TV.
I don't see it or buy it

I still honestly believe all the runs look way faster than Best run. Hell the Pats run right after is blazing speed compared to Best run in my eyes.

I will put up some Very fast broad cast cam videos tonight. Will give us a better idea.
Old 08-31-2011, 02:21 PM   #45
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

My concern is less with "is very fast = NFL speed*" but more, how does the game itself play?

*by NFL speed, I mean EVERYTHING, from time to release the ball to engagements resolving as fast as they do in the NFL (including press coverage and blocking downfield, not just OL/DL play) to players' individual running and cutting speeds, and everything else - and I'd prefer quantified breakdown as well as "feel" as "feel" is very subjective. The animation speeds are not.

Also, I understand the duress QBs feel - but I'm not an NFL QB and can't make decisions that quickly. I'm not capable of seeing the hole in an instant like AP or CJ. Also, it's still a video game, so "gamey" things also come into play that may not ever happen in the NFL.

Let alone the playbooks and all of those nuances no slider or game speed setting can truly fix, but does one speed or another minimize them (obviously not with playbooks, but the rest of the on the field subtleties)

Also, how does game speed impact the AI - both player AI and the CPU's overall play?

If none of the speeds are truly NFL realistic, then I'd rather settle for what generates challenging, realistic games including stats and penalties and plays per game and % of plays played, etc, even if it's not "real NFL speed". If very fast is truly NFL speed and there's no "gamey" problems in the game that crop up, perhaps I'll try it, though I'm no Madden Elite player so that also comes into play.

To me, there's just a lot more variables than which speed represents NFL speed, so I think some of the "problems" I'll inevitably will have with M12 aren't likely related to game speed, though I could very well be wrong.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2011, 02:28 PM   #46
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
I don't see it or buy it

I still honestly believe all the runs look way faster than Best run. Hell the Pats run right after is blazing speed compared to Best run in my eyes.

I will put up some Very fast broad cast cam videos tonight. Will give us a better idea.
Fair enough. We're discussing something that's a bit subjective to begin with, so c'est la vie.
Old 08-31-2011, 02:28 PM   #47
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
My concern is less with "is very fast = NFL speed*" but more, how does the game itself play?

*by NFL speed, I mean EVERYTHING, from time to release the ball to engagements resolving as fast as they do in the NFL (including press coverage and blocking downfield, not just OL/DL play) to players' individual running and cutting speeds, and everything else - and I'd prefer quantified breakdown as well as "feel" as "feel" is very subjective. The animation speeds are not.

Also, I understand the duress QBs feel - but I'm not an NFL QB and can't make decisions that quickly. I'm not capable of seeing the hole in an instant like AP or CJ. Also, it's still a video game, so "gamey" things also come into play that may not ever happen in the NFL.

Let alone the playbooks and all of those nuances no slider or game speed setting can truly fix, but does one speed or another minimize them (obviously not with playbooks, but the rest of the on the field subtleties)

Also, how does game speed impact the AI - both player AI and the CPU's overall play?

If none of the speeds are truly NFL realistic, then I'd rather settle for what generates challenging, realistic games including stats and penalties and plays per game and % of plays played, etc, even if it's not "real NFL speed". If very fast is truly NFL speed and there's no "gamey" problems in the game that crop up, perhaps I'll try it, though I'm no Madden Elite player so that also comes into play.

To me, there's just a lot more variables than which speed represents NFL speed, so I think some of the "problems" I'll inevitably will have with M12 aren't likely related to game speed, though I could very well be wrong.
Very good points KB. I agree with you that I am no highly QB or Chris Johnson's reaction time. But playing on All-Pro Default Normal speed, I am truly better than him at seeing and reacting to holes because I can see entire field. With the speed things are flying and coming at you on very fast it removes some of that "god like" powers. So I agree with your points completely. I feel it helps the game feel more realistic TO ME. This is the best thing about the speed options and threshold sliders is that speed can be taken very differently by peoples perceptions.

For me I rather the fast, intense nature of the Very Fast, where another player might like the more methodical nature of Slow or Very Slow. It is for anyone to decide what they like. I think the OP just brought up a good point that most people look at Very fast as automatically being called arcade and downgraded for the speed enhancement.

I think it is the exact opposite it makes things more level and removes some of the arcade elements that god like view gives the player. In the end it is for everyone to decide, but this is a great thread because it might open some peoples eyes to giving Very fast a chance and using your OWN judgment on what you like rather than follow the masses on what you are told you should like.
Old 08-31-2011, 02:47 PM   #48
Rookie

dmoney219's Arena

OVR: 1

When I Get A Chance I Will Try Very Fast And See How That Goes...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »