Home

I really think alot of these "problems" people have

This is a discussion on I really think alot of these "problems" people have within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-31-2011, 05:19 PM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 13
Re: I really thinks alot of these "problems" people have

Anything below fast just feel watered down...on last gen the speed was not slow/veryslow but sence m10 the game has been to slow. The NFL is a quick reaction think fast sport decision making is fast...IMO people play on slow so they can control everylittle sector of the game for example guide the the back up hole, read the defense with ease, fg meter is slower...get my drift, the whole game is easier and watered down..chris johnson with eddie George speed and agility ohhh please

But on fast you have to see it before it even happen and make decision s in a split second and on top of all that the game look more natural..throwing motions look 10xbetter... run animations as well ...

And the ultimate deal closr is the ball trajectory on passes..zip passes look like lob passes on slow/veryslow that **** is just awful on lobbed balls..that's not how we watch it on tv so why play it that way..if your a so called "SIM HEAD"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2011, 07:00 PM   #66
Rookie

cp22's Arena

OVR: 3

I've played some more games and I'm still liking it a lot. Its very hard to go slower when you play on very fast. Everything just looks more realistic. I was having trouble running but the last game I busted out for 158 yards with Michael Turner. I tried putting the speed threshold at 0, but I went back to 50. It just felt better to me for some reason. I will say that very fast makes the game more difficult for sure.

Some negatives I saw were QB "skating", but this only happened about twice in 4 games.
Old 08-31-2011, 07:33 PM   #67
MVP

poopoop's Arena

OVR: 4

How quickly can players run like 40 yards on fast speed.

Are they able to cover that distance in like 3 seconds?
Old 08-31-2011, 07:41 PM   #68
Rookie

cp22's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by poopoop
How quickly can players run like 40 yards on fast speed.

Are they able to cover that distance in like 3 seconds?
Here is a video of my first game on very fast. I was Denver and in this video I did an all out blitz and Manningham got open and then broke free. These replays do not show real time but you can see the time it takes him to get form the 50 to the endzone is realistic. I wish the replays were in real time because it looked perfect at real speed.

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/91285149

Here is Manningham in real life on a similar play. The movement looks similar besides the showboating at the end of his catch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VanwP...ailpage#t=10s/

EDIT: If you listen to the commentary from the actual game but watch my video highlight, it almost matches up perfectly. Given the extra 10 yards back from my clip and the showboating form the actual game, I think it matches up very well.

Last edited by cp22; 08-31-2011 at 07:47 PM.
Old 08-31-2011, 07:45 PM   #69
Banned

OVR: 11

to the OP: I typically play on normal speed, but you have given me a compelling enough argument that I will try the game out on a faster setting.
Old 08-31-2011, 07:47 PM   #70
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46
Ha! Speed up **** so you cant catch the ugly in time...

Make sense..

Sent from my HumancentiPad using Tapatalk
Old 08-31-2011, 07:51 PM   #71
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
Such a high threshold would make ratings mean less. The higher the threshold, the closer an 88 and a 99 become. At the highest threshold, you'll see less separation and less distinction between players. You're essentially turning everyone into the same speed.
To me this is not the case at all, but I respect your opinion.

I put up a video showing Best going pay dirt and out run the defense with a 85 threshold normal game speed, and I just had Maclin smoke my defense on very fast with threshold at 85.

Honestly are you suspecting this is the case, because if you tried it you would have not made that statement.

There has been plenty of videos posted showing you can go the distance. There was one posted in this very thread.

Last edited by Tyrant8RDFL; 08-31-2011 at 07:57 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2011, 08:05 PM   #72
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoop xyience
Anything below fast just feel watered down...on last gen the speed was not slow/veryslow but sence m10 the game has been to slow. The NFL is a quick reaction think fast sport decision making is fast...IMO people play on slow so they can control everylittle sector of the game for example guide the the back up hole, read the defense with ease, fg meter is slower...get my drift, the whole game is easier and watered down..chris johnson with eddie George speed and agility ohhh please

But on fast you have to see it before it even happen and make decision s in a split second and on top of all that the game look more natural..throwing motions look 10xbetter... run animations as well ...

And the ultimate deal closr is the ball trajectory on passes..zip passes look like lob passes on slow/veryslow that **** is just awful on lobbed balls..that's not how we watch it on tv so why play it that way..if your a so called "SIM HEAD"
Very well said, and very accurate. Nice job!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cp22
I've played some more games and I'm still liking it a lot. Its very hard to go slower when you play on very fast. Everything just looks more realistic. I was having trouble running but the last game I busted out for 158 yards with Michael Turner. I tried putting the speed threshold at 0, but I went back to 50. It just felt better to me for some reason. I will say that very fast makes the game more difficult for sure.

Some negatives I saw were QB "skating", but this only happened about twice in 4 games.
I had my try on very fast, and he is correct. The game is more difficult, because the room for error is very small. It's this simple you can not make a mistake without paying for it like 95% of the time.

The game is competitive for these reason.

Your mistakes will make you pay pretty much immediately.

Miss a tackle by taking the wrong angle, and you will pay.

Don't read the play in time, and you will pay.

Don't read the play correctly and you will pay.

CPU recognizes the running lanes much faster, and hits the lane much faster.

QB throws a much better football,so your pass defense has to be tight period.

I made just 3 mistakes, and I was down 28-7. On all pro no slider adjustments.

Now I did raise fatigue up, and man that also makes a huge difference.

To me it is looking like the if you get the right settings for threshold,fatigue, and game speed. You will have a very competitive game, and that is with out touching a slider.

I will be doing some more testing. I feel like I'am getting very close to something sweet

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »