Home

Scouting needs work...can it be patched?

This is a discussion on Scouting needs work...can it be patched? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-30-2011, 02:38 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 15
Scouting needs work...can it be patched?

Not here to bash... kinda but Im a bit confused and frustrated with scouting.

The in season scouting is all but worthless unless you are scouting an O lineman because any traits that would be at all useful to figuring out how good a player may be is non existent.

Im surprised because this seems like such a glaring mistake. There are a hundred players with no measurables outside of height and weight and you cant get anything for the entire year that is of any use. So at the offseason all you have is projected round and 45 more scouting opportunities. It is impossible to effectively narrow down a decent selection in such a way

The pro days and combine are fine to an extent or at least they would be if you werent in crap-shoot mode the entire time when looking for potential players. But since you cant figure out anything about the majority of the players you scout you end up just selecting at random. They should have at least kept the diamond, and arent all 40 times and combine measurable available in real life? why not give us that to help us narrow down at least who has the physical attributes.

But much of this can be rectified if we got something useful in the in season scouting. Can this be patched? Ive seen them add sliders before surely they can figure out a way to reveal something more useful so i dont get stuck with a crap-shoot in the draft.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2011, 03:01 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 3
Re: Scouting needs work...can it be patched?

Almost seems like it was designed to nudge you toward buying the franchise scouting add on.. doesn't it?
Old 08-30-2011, 03:05 PM   #3
Left side, strong side

C the Lyte's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike0ne
Almost seems like it was designed to nudge you toward buying the franchise scouting add on.. doesn't it?

What does the add-on do? I ask because I still don't know if I will buy the game.
Old 08-30-2011, 03:19 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by C the Lyte
What does the add-on do? I ask because I still don't know if I will buy the game.
I figure it just lets you know exactly what a player does but i havent seen it yet. I still think its worth the money, its just frustrating that this issue was not reevaluated because its so glaringly bad.
Old 08-30-2011, 07:11 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 3

Right.. if it's like previous years, you can buy the info by position group, or a scout pack that gives you full ratings of everyone. It's well worth the money, even if it ruins the authenticity of the draft, it's better than drafting blind after the 2nd round.

After spending 3 days with the game with season ticket, I'm not buying it yet.. If they address some of the franchise issues, I'll pick it up a few months down the road.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2011, 07:18 PM   #6
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20

Read my thread I started earlier this morning titled somethin like "Scouting help:good info I've researched" I broke it down for everyone how it works and a MAJOR flaw in the system that I don't believe EA is aware of but needs to, so we can possibly get a patch for it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »