Home

Madden 12 Playstation 2

This is a discussion on Madden 12 Playstation 2 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-30-2011, 09:17 PM   #9
Left side, strong side

C the Lyte's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Madden 12 Playstation 2

Just out of curiosity, since it is so unchanged, why not just keep playing your previous version?
Old 08-30-2011, 09:29 PM   #10
DJG
Rookie

DJG's Arena

OVR: 5

I got madden 11 on ps3 last year. It was ok but after a while I got bored and traded it in for NBA2k11. Didn't feel like puttin out another 60 bucks and after playing madden 11 on ps2 a while back I still feel like this game has a lil bit of life left on PS2. All the elements people want are there granted some minor things to add on. If EA really wanted to they could make a classic game on PS2.
Old 08-30-2011, 09:33 PM   #11
Just some dude...

BobbyColtrane's Arena

OVR: 15

Would someone w the ps2 version sim a season and tell me if the RBs still get an absurd amount of carries? Since 2007 they get like 500 carries/year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2011, 09:58 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 0

I have a question as well, since 2007 when they put in Roster Management, where the cpu would cut there best players every year. I was wondering if that is in this year. If it is I will still be playing Madden 2006. Roster Management ruined madden on PS2.
Old 08-31-2011, 02:46 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by C the Lyte
Just out of curiosity, since it is so unchanged, why not just keep playing your previous version?

Most of the rookies included... all players a year older... correct team schedules... all of which you could ( I guess) replicate on '10, '09, etc., but it would seem like a lot of work.
Old 09-01-2011, 08:11 AM   #14
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by C the Lyte
That is a very good point. I still play Madden 05/06 on PS2 because the gameplay is great and I like the rosters/rookies on both games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJG
I got madden 11 on ps3 last year. It was ok but after a while I got bored and traded it in for NBA2k11. Didn't feel like puttin out another 60 bucks and after playing madden 11 on ps2 a while back I still feel like this game has a lil bit of life left on PS2. All the elements people want are there granted some minor things to add on. If EA really wanted to they could make a classic game on PS2.
Yes and that would be combining the best elements of Madden 05 and 06. The reason I play both games is one has certain advantages over the other. For example in 05:

-The overall game/player speed is better. I truly feel this game is still the best video game in representing that aspect of the NFL.
-Pre-game intro/game information and sideline reporter all missing in 06.
-Player faces in 05 were the best on PS2. 06 and onwards everyone looks too similar-like created players.
-Punt returns were better as in 06 it was nonexistant (your players won't block).
-05 has the best CPU gameplay (including next-gen) with the Madden Manifesto.

For 06
-Vision Cone which allows for more realistic completion percentage/accurate representation of reading the defense and going through QB's progressions.
-Pass interference penalty was called. In 05 it was never called even with sliders all the way up.
-Truck stick/Back juke which counteracts the 05 introduced Hit-stick leads to more unpredictable gameplay-in a good way.
-Great WR/DB interaction. As soon as the ball is thrown (especially the deep ball) they both look back to the ball instead of in prior Maddens where the receiver would look at the ball right before the pass can be caught.
-06 playbooks were better especially the running plays. Although 05 was great as well.

That's just some.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinstonWolf
Would someone w the ps2 version sim a season and tell me if the RBs still get an absurd amount of carries? Since 2007 they get like 500 carries/year.
I've read that since 07 on PS2 certain running backs get too many carries. I've seen this in 06 but the reason is in the depth chart, 3rd Down Running Back is the same as the starting back which means that back get's all the carries. The way to fix this is to control all 32 teams in franchise and make sure 3DRB and starting back are not the same players or adjust the Coach Option RB2/RB1 slider.
Old 09-01-2011, 09:05 AM   #15
DJG
Rookie

DJG's Arena

OVR: 5

Pretty good insight there. As far as the running backs stat on franchise I've never did one where I controlled all 32 teams. If I just wanted to focus on one team in particular and sim everything else would things like trades/draft picks be effected? I'm sure there wouldn't be any more trades probably but I just want to make things as real as possible.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2011, 10:26 AM   #16
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJG
Pretty good insight there. As far as the running backs stat on franchise I've never did one where I controlled all 32 teams. If I just wanted to focus on one team in particular and sim everything else would things like trades/draft picks be effected? I'm sure there wouldn't be any more trades probably but I just want to make things as real as possible.
You can set to control all 32 teams but only truly control the team you want to play with.

In Franchise under My Madden(may also be called My Franchise)-Coaching Strategy-Coach Options-Management, the following options can be set to either User or CPU:

-Re Sign Players/Draft Players/Sign Draft Picks/Sign Free Agents/Reorder Depth Chart/Fill Rosters/Owner Mode

So all you would only control for the 31 other CPU teams are 3DRB and/or RB2/RB1 slider to fix the running back stat issue.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »