Home

Player likeness fail yet again, and so Does 12..

This is a discussion on Player likeness fail yet again, and so Does 12.. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-30-2011, 05:56 PM   #49
MVP

TWOSILK's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Player likeness fail yet again, and so Does 12..

This thread personifies whats wrong with us gamers, he is upset because his favorite player doesnt LOOK right, are you serious, he didnt say he hated the way Steve PLAYED, but the way he looked, I swear some people open the game looking for flaws, You see his cyber face once or twice a game, and for you to be that upset, are you steve johnson??? I mean really yeah the commentary blows but after 30 days of any game you will start to hear the same thing, hell I just turn it off and dont worry about it. I think we should all remember what we had 10 years ago in video gaming, I have been to several buccaneer games in the rain and guess what other than some paint coming off of the field, the grass is still intact after the game so I dont want a muddy mess in the fourth quarter if i wanted that i would go boot up my ps1 and play the old gameday series with the lightning bolt to indicate a injury, we need to grow up and look for the good in the game, and accept it. not a perfect game but a huge step forward for EA. Faces not looking like their real life counterpart SMFH!!!!
Old 08-30-2011, 06:00 PM   #50
Rookie

89OneHanded's Arena

OVR: 1

My only question is;

Who gives a flying f*** about the players faces when the gameplay needs such a huge overhaul?!?

I wouldn't give a crap if every white player had the same face and every black player had the same face, as long as blocking, WR<>CB interaction, QB ball trajectory control, pass rushing, and zone defense were all fixed, not to mention a realistic physics engine based on momentum, a special teams overhaul, getting rid of any and ALL animations, I mean... I could go on and on!

The few devs that come on this website are looking to get intelligent criticism, and all they see is garbage like this! I understand that you want your team unis to look right, and you want your stadium to be accurate, but surely you have to see that those all take a back seat to actually playing the game of football. I want d-line stunts, play calling that gives me actual control over the defense, I want a difference between 3-4 and 4-3, I want MLBs that play their zone correctly without having to have their jump attribute souped up, I want bump and run coverage, I want to see the WRs have to fight for positioning when the ball is in the air, I want to be able to throw a touch pass rather than a straight line bullet or a flaccid lob.

WHO CARES IF CAM NEWTON LOOKS LIKE CAM NEWTON, IF YOU HAVE ALL THESE THINGS INSTEAD?!? I know I wouldn't, and trust me, I am a super massive Panthers fan. Come on. Show the dev team what is actually important! Perhaps then it will be fixed, instead of them spending countless lines of code and console memory on team entrances which will be skipped by 97% of people who play the game.

Just sayin.
Old 08-30-2011, 06:30 PM   #51
Banned

OVR: 0

The game is just boring overall. They need to really step up alot of things even with perfect likenesses on each player it fails.

Commentary( even if you turn it off) instantly detaches you from the game
The music they put in there HAS TO GO. Give us actual stadium tracks, and stop wasting money on crap like lil wayne and snoop dog. Award tour was a nice touch, but has nothing to do with NFL history.

-replays and the review option is plain terrible. Half the time you don't even see the play.

-Superstar mode = lackluster ( see other sports titles like NBA2K and Sony's MLB)

-Overall emotion and capturing even a fraction of what we see in telecasts, postgame, and pregame reports stadium atmosphere etc. = non existant.

-Gameplay just bores me, yes there are some cool animations and great plays etc. that happen, but essentially there is nothing that really grabs the person and puts them in the game, and those of you that play the basketball and MLB series know what I speak of.

-Give us MORE customization, let us upload some pics to our game or even take pics for that matter. Get a more solid team to update the players, teams, stadium etc.

NO i'm not feeding the trolls or fanboys, but 2K had a friggin' NFL primetime style show with Berman, and that was last gen!!! Can EA just get with the program and give NFL fans a solid experience, or just relinquish the exclusive license and give someone else a shot, and yes I know NFL is the main one behind that too which sucks.

Last edited by Bills_Nation; 08-30-2011 at 06:34 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2011, 06:40 PM   #52
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bills_Nation
Fast forward to this afternoon. Against my better judgement I purchase Madden instead of renting it, get home DL the updated rosters hoping they did my Bills right this season. Fitz has his face, no beard, but cool I can live with it, Fitz to Stevie Johnson! WHA? Stevie Johnson has his rookie pic, and looks like the create-a-Donald-Driver? COME ON MAN!!! This sad part is most of the Buffalo Bills on the game with accurate faces are now on other teams... unbelievable...I now have an unrealistic team of create-a-players.
5/10
Do people really care about this stuff? I mean seriously...it's no wonder EA spends all it's time working things like 3D grass and dread locks...my god we get what we ask for I guess.

Another question, can anyone actually see the player faces during a game? Because I can't. Maybe you guys have super xray vision or something...I could probably sit down and think of 1000 things I'd rather have them work on these silly cosmetic nuances.
Old 08-30-2011, 06:45 PM   #53
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterkrabz
Do people really care about this stuff? I mean seriously...it's no wonder EA spends all it's time working things like 3D grass and dread locks...my god we get what we ask for I guess.

Another question, can anyone actually see the player faces during a game? Because I can't. Maybe you guys have super xray vision or something...I could probably sit down and think of 1000 things I'd rather have them work on these silly cosmetic nuances.
It's not even a bout faces, it's the friggin likenesses that we have no option to change. EA has been notorious over the years for messing things up when it comes to player details, and it's understandable, we have heard all of the excuses, but to keep messing up players and not giving us the slightest of options to change them is unacceptable.

Fine you had no time to update cyber-faces, and pics of the players that made an impact from last year, i get it... priorities, but why not give us the option to edit them so we can at least get some accuracy on our roster. They sure as **** had time to lose Vick's cornroles and update him now didn't they?

EA thought it was important, and fit in a Vick fade super quick now didn't they? They pick their favorites and that's how it always will be. They have time to update, they just pick and choose who and when.
Old 08-30-2011, 06:54 PM   #54
Banned

Might I also add, I have modded games before including PC Madden a few years back, it isn't a time-steal for them to update things like this, and also patch the fields correctly. This is ALL laziness on their part.
Old 08-30-2011, 07:33 PM   #55
All Star

schnaidt1's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericasTeam
I must be the only one having fun with the game.
nah i am loving this game...never have i liked madden this much..i have played like 30 games since season ticket on friday haha
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2011, 07:39 PM   #56
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by schnaidt1
nah i am loving this game...never have i liked madden this much..i have played like 30 games since season ticket on friday haha
Season ticket = kool-aid drinker of EA. Come on and comment on how much you like the game, but not even discusss what the thread is about in the first place.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »