Home

Fair Review from Bill Abner

This is a discussion on Fair Review from Bill Abner within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-30-2011, 06:43 PM   #17
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Fair Review from Bill Abner

Quote:
Originally Posted by malky
But Why? Many like the TV style presentation when playing a sports game, we at least like for the announcers to say the freakin name and not the number of a star football player-- plus how do you get worse in the commentary department when you were already pretty bad compared to 2011 standards???
Why?

Because it's not NBA 2K11 or MLB The Show.....

We all know Madden sucks plain and simple when it comes to commentary. My comments were directed at those who continue to get frustrated with the commentary year after year

I understand the frustration but trust me until EA totally revamps the system for commentary the best way IMO to enjoy the sounds of the game is to shut that crap off and turn up your speakers for stadium sounds

I'm willing to bet after a few games of playing that way you'll won't miss a single minute of not having commentary in Madden ever again until EA comes up with something refreshing and new.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 08-30-2011, 06:46 PM   #18
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
Why?

Because it's not NBA 2K11 or MLB The Show.....

We all know Madden sucks plain and simple when it comes to commentary. My comments were directed at those who continue to get frustrated with the commentary year after year

I understand the frustration but trust me until EA totally revamps the system for commentary the best way IMO to enjoy the sounds of the game is to shut that crap off and turn up your speakers for stadium sounds

I'm willing to bet after a few games of playing that way you'll won't miss a single minute of not having commentary in Madden ever again until EA comes up with something refreshing and new.
Bingo on all accounts. I've turned off commentary for years. I do it in my own head. I make a much better announcer.
Old 08-30-2011, 06:47 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
Bingo on all accounts. I've turned off commentary for years. I do it in my own head. I make a much better announcer.
How are the crowd and stadium sounds when turned all the way up? Are they pretty loud?
Old 08-30-2011, 06:55 PM   #20
Rookie

a B rating for me should mean that all aspects of football are pretty solid. maybe some AI quirks here and there but overall whatever side of the ball u on u are having a pretty solid sim experience. he said 2/3 of the gameplay is rather flawed and needs a patch to fixed it which could take some time to come out. if i had to convert(or i should say expand) his B rating then i would he gives gameplay a C rating but with presentation and additions to franchise mode then that gives that B rating.

my conversion or expanding of what i read and seen so far i would give gameplay a D and overall C rating
Old 08-30-2011, 06:57 PM   #21
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCEVO
a B rating for me should mean that all aspects of football are pretty solid. maybe some AI quirks here and there but overall whatever side of the ball u on u are having a pretty solid sim experience. he said 2/3 of the gameplay is rather flawed and needs a patch to fixed it which could take some time to come out. if i had to convert(or i should say expand) his B rating then i would he gives gameplay a C rating but with presentation and additions to franchise mode then that gives that B rating.

my conversion or expanding of what i read and seen so far i would give gameplay a D and overall C rating
I'm assuming you don't have the game?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2011, 07:09 PM   #22
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I'm assuming you don't have the game?
you assumed right. played the demo of course and wasnt too much impressed with the gameplay. special teams was horrendous as always in the demo but i hope the full game would be different. actually what i found that was questionable in the demo he said in his review of the full game version. i agree with the review towards gameplay but i just question the B rating.

especially compared to my favorite fb game, APF 2k8 but also im beginning to compare to other sports titles like nba 2k11 and THE show and if i would rate those game i would give them both B ratings at launch. madden 12 IMO is not in the same rating as NBA 2k11
Old 08-30-2011, 07:17 PM   #23
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCEVO
you assumed right. played the demo of course and wasnt too much impressed with the gameplay. special teams was horrendous as always in the demo but i hope the full game would be different. actually what i found that was questionable in the demo he said in his review of the full game version. i agree with the review towards gameplay but i just question the B rating.

especially compared to my favorite fb game, APF 2k8 but also im beginning to compare to other sports titles like nba 2k11 and THE show and if i would rate those game i would give them both B ratings at launch. madden 12 IMO is not in the same rating as NBA 2k11
A ok, I would put NBA 2k into the A catagory, but that is me. Never played The Show, so, that's a non-issue for me. APF I played, but got bored of quickly. Good gameplay, no doubt, but couldn't hold my interest.

This is the best Madden I played and I hated 11, 08 and 09 and 06, and 07.
Old 08-30-2011, 07:34 PM   #24
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
A ok, I would put NBA 2k into the A catagory, but that is me. Never played The Show, so, that's a non-issue for me. APF I played, but got bored of quickly. Good gameplay, no doubt, but couldn't hold my interest.

This is the best Madden I played and I hated 11, 08 and 09 and 06, and 07.
I hated APF, such a disappointment, but in terms of 2k B ball and the Show, Tiburon need to realize those games set the bar of what a console sports game should be with all the details, bells and whistles. Madden is the same boring debacle it has always been, details missing, players ignored, stadiums left the same even if they were switched years ago... It is always the same old song and dance. Give Joe Modder a pc version of Madden and a week... They will do free work in a week what has taken team Peter Moore years to do...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »