Home

So Long, Draft Classes!

This is a discussion on So Long, Draft Classes! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2011, 07:12 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
So Long, Draft Classes!

While I'm waiting on the official release tonight, I figured I'd sim a few seasons with my NCAA imported draft classes to see who wins the superbowl, who drafts who, etc before I start my official franchise after the next roster update.

Got through 2011 and 2012 (Tebow ended up with the Raiders!)...but when I went to import my 2013 draft class, there were no draft classes to choose from. It only showed my username...and when I clicked it, it said my profile was already loaded.

I had exported draft classes 2011-2017, and they were gone. Okay...I must have hit a wrong button? Or just a random bug?

So I restart a new franchise at Madden...and this time, I can't even import 2011. All my draft classes are gone.

Redoing them again now...but REALLY hoping they don't disappear again, because it takes a ridiculously long time to do them!

This is all for PS3 by the way.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2011, 07:18 PM   #2
Pro

SGMRock's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: So Long, Draft Classes!

There is a bug on the 360 where you need to make sure you export the draft class from NCAA 12 after the players leave and not before. When it asks you before pick No, and then do it after the players leave. If you don't do it that way when you import the draft class the players dont show up in Madden.
Old 08-29-2011, 07:21 PM   #3
Rookie

I have a PS3, but I've been exporting correctly (after students decide whether to leave). Plus, all my draft classes were there, and everything was working for the past couple days while I was using the early release of Madden. I did the 2011 draft a couple times without issues. This time I went to 2013, and it erased them all. Could be coincidence, but troubling nonetheless.
Old 08-29-2011, 07:34 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGMRock
There is a bug on the 360 where you need to make sure you export the draft class from NCAA 12 after the players leave and not before. When it asks you before pick No, and then do it after the players leave. If you don't do it that way when you import the draft class the players dont show up in Madden.
Haven't done my draft classes yet, but I was wondering why it asks you twice. Thanks for the info, so I know to say no the first time!
Old 08-29-2011, 07:36 PM   #5
Pro

Andrews85's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Actinguy1
I have a PS3, but I've been exporting correctly (after students decide whether to leave). Plus, all my draft classes were there, and everything was working for the past couple days while I was using the early release of Madden. I did the 2011 draft a couple times without issues. This time I went to 2013, and it erased them all. Could be coincidence, but troubling nonetheless.
There is also a bug when using imported NCAA Draft Classes where CPU controlled teams draft punters in the 1st Round, even with the #1 overall pick.

Here's the thread talking about the weird draft picks.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...aft-logic.html

So you might want to wait on using imported NCAA Draft Classes until something is patched, unless you don't care about punters going in the 1st.
AFL: Pittsburgh Power
NCAA: PITT Panthers

"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler."
- Jack Lambert
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2011, 08:00 PM   #6
Rookie

Oh believe me, I noticed the punter issue! I could write it off as a terrible decision that caused everyone to get fired and be mocked by future NFL fans for generations to come...except they were rated the highest draft class, and their best value was for taking a punter as the fourth overall pick!

Incidentally, when I went to create new classes, NCAA can still see the old ones (asks me if I want to overwrite, etc). Yet Madden can't!
Old 08-29-2011, 08:19 PM   #7
Pro

Andrews85's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Actinguy1
Oh believe me, I noticed the punter issue! I could write it off as a terrible decision that caused everyone to get fired and be mocked by future NFL fans for generations to come...except they were rated the highest draft class, and their best value was for taking a punter as the fourth overall pick!

Incidentally, when I went to create new classes, NCAA can still see the old ones (asks me if I want to overwrite, etc). Yet Madden can't!
If you haven't done so already I suggest you download Luvtotha9s rosters for NCAA 12 (PS3), the best and most complete rosters around and up to date as of this week. They just came out today and I just finished downloading them, but to bad the patch STILL hasn't been released to make that game playable.
AFL: Pittsburgh Power
NCAA: PITT Panthers

"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler."
- Jack Lambert
Old 08-30-2011, 05:25 PM   #8
Banned

goravens2052's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGMRock
Wow, I been doing it wrong than, I was always wondering why it prompts you to Import before getting to the Players Leaving section. No wonder why m 2012 Draft Import didn't work.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »