Home

Old 08-30-2011, 04:36 AM   #1
Rookie

VincentGrier15's Arena

OVR: 3
QB SNEAKS

anybody else gaining mad yardage on this play? I went to run it on 4th and inches and (im using the bills in an offline dynasty in preseason) brad smith looks like he rockets forward so I thought maybe it was just a one time thing, nope, run it next play(6 guys in the box 2 LBs over center) and he rockets forward again so 2 plays 22 yds so i decide why not lets run it a 3rd time, same thing this time for a 19 yd run and only thing that stopped me on this one was the fact that I ran it into the endzone. 3 sneaks 41 yards 1td. I am a sim player so I will choose not to run this and hope they fix it. Hate being nit-picky but you should be able to run this play on short yard situations with the risk of being stuffed
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2011, 05:26 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: QB SNEAKS

the QB only dives forward if the defense is in goaline
Old 08-30-2011, 08:35 AM   #3
Pro

ChiTownKid's Arena

OVR: 10

Ran QB Sneak in the very first game I played. 3rd & 1 @ my opp's 15. AI Defense came out in a 4-3, so I didn't dive forward. Instead, I picked up about 5. Ridiculous. Though, I've been reading around the net that even if the D comes out in GL, a QB Sneak will ALWAYS net positive yardage, even if only inches. Trouble is, sometimes all you need is inches.
Old 08-30-2011, 09:47 AM   #4
Pro

baller7345's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiTownKid
Ran QB Sneak in the very first game I played. 3rd & 1 @ my opp's 15. AI Defense came out in a 4-3, so I didn't dive forward. Instead, I picked up about 5. Ridiculous. Though, I've been reading around the net that even if the D comes out in GL, a QB Sneak will ALWAYS net positive yardage, even if only inches. Trouble is, sometimes all you need is inches.
I've had multiple qb sneaks stopped for no gain or negative yardage while getting the dive animation (all in M12 by real people so no experience with the cpu). The dive does pick up 4th and inches most of the time though but is that really an issue as its pretty hard to stop a 4 and inches qb sneak in real life as well. I can only imagine the backlash ea would get if that little dive cost some people a game online because they couldn't get the first down if they make it less successful.

As for the quick start out of other defensive formations just make sure you are using a lb to cover the middle of the field where the qb will take off too and you should be able to stop it as the QB outruns the line (if it is working like last years albeit faster). AS for the cpu well this is a case of using it only when the situation fits and although not common I have seen qb sneaks that have gone for 5-15 yards (normally not designed sneaks) so if you want to use it against the cpu then try to look at it that way.

I'm all for them just making it the little dive animation no matter the line size of the defense but there would probably be a ton of people that complain that it takes the control out of the players hand. This isn't technically a glitch as it is how they programmed the qb sneak for the last 3 years now but if they nerf the starting animation like they did for the Wildcat last year then they'll get just as much negative feedback.

Its a bad situation that EA is put into as they are essentially damned if they do damned if they don't. Of course this could change if it truly turns out to be game-breaking this year.
Old 08-30-2011, 10:25 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

This topic is documented in the Bugs and Glitches thread. It only occurs when there are less than 5 defenders on the LOS. If there are 5 or more, the dive animation is activated. If there are 4 or less, your quarterback will rocket through the line for 10+ yards.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2011, 10:29 AM   #6
Pro

baller7345's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by justin23IU
This topic is documented in the Bugs and Glitches thread. It only occurs when there are less than 5 defenders on the LOS. If there are 5 or more, the dive animation is activated. If there are 4 or less, your quarterback will rocket through the line for 10+ yards.
The thing is that is how it has been programmed for the last 3 years and I never saw anyone complaining. You won't get 10+ yards against anyone who is actually playing the run or at least I wasn't able to manage more than 3 when my opponents were in their base defense as they typically would pinch the line due to me being in such a heavy set or they would control the MLB and stop me before I got more than 5 yards (this was an extremely small sample size through consisting of 3 plays that had inches left to go/ one of them I wasn't paying attention and he managed to jump the snap and stopped it for essentially no gain)

Last edited by baller7345; 08-30-2011 at 10:32 AM.
Old 08-30-2011, 03:09 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

The difference I'm seeing with it this year is that the CPU will not come out in goalline when the USER comes out in goaline. In years pass the CPU would always come out in Goaline defense if the USER came out in goaline offense. I don't know why they stop doing that because its reality the defense will crowd the line if the offense comes out in a short yardage formation. The elimination of suction tackling made this even easier if the CPU isn't in the right defense to defend the QB sneak. Hopefully this issue is fixed..
Old 08-30-2011, 03:21 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3

It seems like the QB teleports instantly for a gain of 5+ yards when the glitch occurs.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »