Home

2 way positions?

This is a discussion on 2 way positions? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-30-2011, 08:32 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 5
2 way positions?

What positions can play both sides of the ball and what positions?

Like I see WRs can play CBs
HBs can play WRs
What else? Any way to get a LB and play him say as HB or FB?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2011, 05:00 PM   #2
Pro

Re: 2 way positions?

No one knows anything?
Old 08-31-2011, 05:10 PM   #3
Banned

bingo911's Arena

OVR: 12

they should just be available for subs in the depth chart. ive always had a wr be my 4th string corner.
Old 08-31-2011, 05:12 PM   #4
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Look, a WR can play CB with help [Troy Brown had injured Ty Law to help him] and talented CBs can play WR [Prime Time.]

HBs can come out of the backfield and play WR, and so can TEs. TEs can also play FB. Tackles and Guards can sometimes play TE. Some O-Linemen in the NFL used to be TEs in High School and/or College. On that note, I used to love moving Joe Stayley [49ers LT] to backup TE in Last gen Madden 08. He would be a 6th lineman in big formations. He also was able to catch some open passes, so he was a valuable role player for my team in that game.

OLBs can sometimes be 4-3 DEs and vise versa. Some Strong Safeties can come down and become Line Backers, or vise versa. For example, Troy Polamalu, Bob Sanders, and Rodney Harrison often play[ed] like 4th or 5th linebackers. Corners can become Free Safeties [Ronnie Lott and Rod Woodson.]

Does that help answer your question?

From a simulation standpoint, just look at the player's individual ratings and see if they have the skill set. Also look at the physical build of the player and see if they look like they could pull double duty. FOr example, you may find a rookie in a draft clas that looks like he could be a hybrid player. Maybe edit/raise his ratings that apply to the new position a bit to represent that and have fun. Just don't go over board .

P.S. Did you know Teddy Bruschi came into the NFL as a DE? He was later moved to OLB and then MLB.

Last edited by PGaither84; 08-31-2011 at 05:17 PM.
Old 08-31-2011, 05:20 PM   #5
Banned

bingo911's Arena

OVR: 12

^ I didnt actually know that. Bruschi is my favorite player of all time. learn something new every day.

thanks for the info
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2011, 05:51 PM   #6
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
From a simulation standpoint, just look at the player's individual ratings and see if they have the skill set. Also look at the physical build of the player and see if they look like they could pull double duty. FOr example, you may find a rookie in a draft clas that looks like he could be a hybrid player. Maybe edit/raise his ratings that apply to the new position a bit to represent that and have fun. Just don't go over board .
But from my short time with the game, it doesnt look that every player can be a starter in every position...like my HB can only also play as a WR....I usually like making a two way player who plays MLB and HB/FB....if from what I have seen I cant seem to do that in this game
Old 08-31-2011, 06:14 PM   #7
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACardAttack
But from my short time with the game, it doesnt look that every player can be a starter in every position...like my HB can only also play as a WR....I usually like making a two way player who plays MLB and HB/FB....if from what I have seen I cant seem to do that in this game
NO, that is something you cannot do in Madden. You CAN do this in NCAA11 though. I don't have NCAA 12, but I am sure you can do that there as well. Last year, in real life, Stanford's starting MLB was also their starting FB. While this wasn't the case in the default rosters, with EA locker you could download some really nice updated rosters that fixed this.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »