Home

anyone else seeing teams drop high picks in franchise mode?

This is a discussion on anyone else seeing teams drop high picks in franchise mode? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-30-2011, 08:26 PM   #1
Banned

bingo911's Arena

OVR: 12
anyone else seeing teams drop high picks in franchise mode?

the jets cut their first round pick wilkerson, the eagles cut jaiquawn jarrett (54th overall), and theres a bunch of other 65+ rookies in my free agent pool. now, im not normally one to complain about madden but.. this seems wrong. you'll never ever see a team cut their first round pick during preseason. is this just me? sort your free agents my age and see if you see something similar.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2011, 08:28 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: anyone else seeing teams drop high picks in franchise mode?

yes, I've seen 4th round picks with high potential from THIS year get cut already after the preseason.
Old 08-30-2011, 08:59 PM   #3
Pro

skow05's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by bingo911
the jets cut their first round pick wilkerson, the eagles cut jaiquawn jarrett (54th overall), and theres a bunch of other 65+ rookies in my free agent pool. now, im not normally one to complain about madden but.. this seems wrong. you'll never ever see a team cut their first round pick during preseason. is this just me? sort your free agents my age and see if you see something similar.
I'm seeing the same exact thing...LOTS of Rookie/1 yr/2 yr guys with 60+ ovr sitting in free agency.

Cowboys

Knicks
PSN - Skow
Old 08-30-2011, 09:03 PM   #4
Rookie

imskykid's Arena

OVR: 3

Yes, it seems they don't take draft status into the equation. I've simmed a few season to test draft classes and such, and a lot of times you will rookies who were taken in the 2nd round in the FA pool. Even if the player is horrible, teams in the NFL usually hold on to all 1-3 rounders through the first season at the very least. It's disappointing that teams will just release players willy nilly.
Old 08-30-2011, 09:19 PM   #5
Rookie

Kegthaplaya's Arena

OVR: 2

I think the problem might be that the rookies are rated too low. Players taken in the first 2-3 rounds generally have enough talent to at least be a solid backup, which would mean a 70+ rating.

The problem is the rookies in madden are guaranteed to go up (until you get to hand made draft classes where potential fixes it, but unfortuneately thats viewable so a team knows the guy is a bust and cuts him too), unlike in real life where a guy like Alex Smith looks just as skilled as he did as a rookie.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2011, 09:22 PM   #6
Banned

Stupendamatic's Arena

OVR: 1

Yeah I noticed this as well.

The Bears released Stephen Paea who they just drafted in the 2nd round and has a "A" potential.
Old 08-30-2011, 09:27 PM   #7
MVP

Tweeg's Arena

OVR: 12

Yep...if they aren't good enough to play right now the AI doesn't care. Oakland always releases Pryor, and the Bengals always cut Taylor Mays in favor of Gibril Wilson.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »