Home

What is wrong with the PS3 graphics??

This is a discussion on What is wrong with the PS3 graphics?? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-30-2011, 10:30 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: What is wrong with the PS3 graphics??

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessekearney
i boycotted madden 12 but i think wut u are seeing is the typical bench screenshot that they havent put any detail in since like snes.
No the bad graphics are quite obvious from the normal play camera view. The outline of the players is jagged and the names/numbers are somewhat fuzzy. The graphics seem to be pretty detailed on close ups however.

Is this what other people experiencing graphical issues are seeing as well?
Old 08-30-2011, 10:30 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by T5063
I can't get online to sign up for online pass and get the updated rosters so I decided to try a quick game with the old ones. The game starts up and the players look like utter ****. I'm playing on with HDMI cables, everything is nice and sharp except the player models, am I missing something here?

Here is a shot of the Raiders side line. The on-field players don't look this bad but they do look pretty jagged as well. All the video's I've seen online look way better.

Attachment 37321
I got PS3 and my graphics are nothing like that, mine are crisp and clear.

This is strange because some are complaining that their screen is blurry or showing a picture such as that. But me and another PS3 owner had said we are not having any of that stuff happen. As to why it's not happening to us, I have the slightest clue.
Old 08-30-2011, 10:33 PM   #19
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by T5063
I messed around with the contrast and HDMI back lighting and the game looks a lot better now but still not spectacular. Any tech-guys know what else I can fiddle around with to improve the visuals?
Type in your model number of your tv into google with settings at the end of it. There's a website that has a settings guide for tvs where they show what to put your particular model settings at to get the most out of it. If you need help, let me know.
Old 08-30-2011, 10:44 PM   #20
Rookie

twthomas's Arena

OVR: 5

WOW! My PS3 doesn't look like that. I posted a video complaining about the grass looking like crud in the shade (looks like some weird mirror effect) but I am seeing nothing like this!
Old 08-30-2011, 10:51 PM   #21
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjmstate
No the bad graphics are quite obvious from the normal play camera view. The outline of the players is jagged and the names/numbers are somewhat fuzzy. The graphics seem to be pretty detailed on close ups however.

Is this what other people experiencing graphical issues are seeing as well?
Replays look beautiful, normal camera view (are there any other cameras available?) is where I'm getting jaggies.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2011, 10:55 PM   #22
Banned

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by twthomas
WOW! My PS3 doesn't look like that. I posted a video complaining about the grass looking like crud in the shade (looks like some weird mirror effect) but I am seeing nothing like this!
I'm on PS3 and my fields look aweful. Some are ok. PS3 users got the shaft this year
Old 08-30-2011, 10:56 PM   #23
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by twthomas
I only see that grass thing in replays. But otherwise during game play, I'm not seeing anything.

There has to be some kind of explanation. I got my PS3 slim not long ago, like 4 months ago.

I did go into display settings and only select 1080p on the system.
Old 08-30-2011, 10:59 PM   #24
Pro

OVR: 8

I had a choice between getting it for the PS3 or the 360 I chose the PS3 but maybe I should have gone with the 360. The game looks fine at least on my TV it does.

They even put back helmet scratches which was a very nice touch.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »