Home

What is wrong with the PS3 graphics??

This is a discussion on What is wrong with the PS3 graphics?? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-31-2011, 12:18 AM   #41
Banned

OVR: 49
Re: What is wrong with the PS3 graphics??

Quote:
Originally Posted by 31
Not being a jerk or anything, but I would like to see some pics of gameplay to see how bad people are saying the graphics are.

Im playing on a 42'' LG 1080p and it looks great. I think the PS2 comparison is a stretch.
Just look up my photo of the PS3 grass. The Xbox looks great. Also, look at the thread turf & grass issues on PS3. Its real.

I have 2 PS3's and two top of the line TV's(23" and 52"). The grass is HORRIBLE. If someone doesnt see it, I have to question their display as it isnt must not show a detailed clean image.

Just look at the thread I mentioned and watch the video. There is the proof. He explains & shows the issue & spins the cam showing black turning white,etc. AWEFUL!

If someone with a ps3 is getting clean DOME grass, please post a photo of Lucas Oil stadium dome closed grass during gameplay(line of scrimmage)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2011, 12:26 AM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 1

Also having the jagged players issue. The players from NCAA looked really GOOD on the same tv. Dunno what is the issue with Madden. Its actually hurting my eyes after a while.
Old 08-31-2011, 12:30 AM   #43
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelman990
Just look up my photo of the PS3 grass. The Xbox looks great. Also, look at the thread turf & grass issues on PS3. Its real.

I have 2 PS3's and two top of the line TV's(23" and 52"). The grass is HORRIBLE. If someone doesnt see it, I have to question their display as it isnt must not show a detailed clean image.

Just look at the thread I mentioned and watch the video. There is the proof. He explains & shows the issue & spins the cam showing black turning white,etc. AWEFUL!

If someone with a ps3 is getting clean DOME grass, please post a photo of Lucas Oil stadium dome closed grass during gameplay(line of scrimmage)
I never said it wasn't real. I'm just not seeing it. And I don't think a pic of the sideline players, which always look like crap is proof.

Edit: I watched the video and that is horrible. I haven't played in Lucas Oil, but I'll talk a look at it.

As far as the player graphics themselves they look good on my end. So not really sure what to make of that.

Last edited by PVarck31; 08-31-2011 at 12:33 AM.
Old 08-31-2011, 12:33 AM   #44
Banned

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by 31
I never said it wasn't real. I'm just not seeing it. And I don't think a pic of the sideline players, which always look like crap is proof.
Could you post a photo of Lucas Oil stadium dome closed inside the 30 yard line shaded area? Interested to see how much better your PS3 version looks. I would GREATLY appreciate it
Old 08-31-2011, 12:35 AM   #45
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelman990
Could you post a photo of Lucas Oil stadium dome closed inside the 30 yard line shaded area? Interested to see how much better your PS3 version looks. I would GREATLY appreciate it
Can't right now. My wife and I are playing Deus Ex. Like I said though, I haven't seen that issue. I haven't played at Lucas Oil. Not saying it doesn't exist. And if everyone is saying it does then I believe it.

Last edited by PVarck31; 08-31-2011 at 12:37 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2011, 01:54 AM   #46
Banned

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjmstate
No the bad graphics are quite obvious from the normal play camera view. The outline of the players is jagged and the names/numbers are somewhat fuzzy. The graphics seem to be pretty detailed on close ups however.

Is this what other people experiencing graphical issues are seeing as well?
If you can put up a screen shot of the sideline then put one up of actual gameplay. Cuz I can throw up 20+ videos right now using only component cables showing there is nothing wrong with the PS3.
Old 08-31-2011, 02:50 AM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 2

Sure that not what you are playing on lol....Na but yea set it to play at 720p might make a huge difference. My PS3 game looks a whole lot better then that picture I had to turn it back on to double check lol
Old 08-31-2011, 05:05 AM   #48
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32

I can't believe I'm defending EA here, but......

How can you guys blame EA when clearly everybody is not having the same problem? Since everyone is not having the problem, that means that the problem is coming from your TV settings, PS3 settings, or cable hook up. If it really was a PS3 problem, then everyone would be seeing it. Everyone is not though. I don't see what's so hard to understand about that. I know the game doesn't look as good as 360, that's not saying that the game looks bad on PS3 either. You can't blame EA for everything.

Go to this site:

http://www.avsforum.com/

Find the thread for the model number of your TV and ask the other owners of your model if they're having problems. Or, hell, post your models here so you guys can compare. You can't just come out and say EA didn't do something right because the game doesn't look good on your particular TV, especially when others have said they don't have the problem. So you guys post your model numbers and discuss what settings you all are using and stuff and maybe we can figure out WHY the game looks like that on your tv instead of just blaming EA. That's called TROUBLESHOOTING.

For the guy with the Samsung, if your model is an LCD model and was made within the last 4yrs, I know it has to be something with your TV settings, PS3 settings, or the hookup. I am an avid fan of Samsung TV's(hence the reason I have 2) and I know for a fact that these display Madden(and NCAA) just fine.

Anyway you guys need to try to figure out something instead of complaining and moaning about it. No one in this thread has listed a model no. or anything. You guys are not trying to solve the problem. You're just complaining about the problem. A problem that may be caused by something on YOUR end.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »