Home

Grass and Turf Texture on PS3: Video

This is a discussion on Grass and Turf Texture on PS3: Video within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-31-2011, 10:08 AM   #17
Pro

T5063's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Grass and Turf Texture on PS3: Video

I had the same problem playing in the Metrodome in my first game. The field looked like it was all covered in used fryer grease.
Old 08-31-2011, 03:40 PM   #18
Rookie

gsjr03's Arena

OVR: 1

It's not just the turf...it's the entire game...especially the players. I can hardly make out the numbers on the back of the QB and O'Line's jersey it's so bad. And no it's not the TV. I plug in Madden '10 or any other game and they look great. I use the same 'Picture Mode' setting on my bravia XBR that I have specifically set up for my ps3, so that is a constant setting on the TV. With '11, the players are jaggy, jittery and just flat out ugly, along with the turf and everything else.
Old 08-31-2011, 04:42 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsjr03
It's not just the turf...it's the entire game...especially the players. I can hardly make out the numbers on the back of the QB and O'Line's jersey it's so bad. And no it's not the TV. I plug in Madden '10 or any other game and they look great. I use the same 'Picture Mode' setting on my bravia XBR that I have specifically set up for my ps3, so that is a constant setting on the TV. With '11, the players are jaggy, jittery and just flat out ugly, along with the turf and everything else.
So at the los playing in standard cam it's difficult for you to read the number on the back of the qb's jersey? Obviously when the o line is hunched over it's hard to see but when they are walking up to the los I can see their numbers pretty well.
Old 08-31-2011, 05:32 PM   #20
Rookie

Gjordan's Arena

OVR: 2

My review On Madden 12

If this photo doesn't stir talk up and put a little pressure on EA to fix this issue, then I don't know what will. The sad thing is, in the following photo, this isn't even close to the worst looking field in Madden 12. Lucas Oil stadium is simply unplayable(all indoor stadiums actually), and the outside grass has weird colors that don't allow Maden to shine. Here is a example of Madden 12's grass before I continue with my other issues of the game.

I WOULD RATHER PLAY ON A NO TEXTURE GREEN Field LIKE THIS THEN TO PLAY ON THE ABOVE WATER COLORED FIELD

Next, we have the issue of the field suddenly changing tints of brightness. The kickoff, extra points, and some cut scenes turn into a light colored hazzy looking light shaded screen. It's extremely noticeable and I don't see how it could be missed by the art team.(same as the aweful looking grass, and the 3d grass was suppose to be a new feature!!)

The pregame was hyped up by EA, and on PS3 they don't even run smoothly, they are choppy and it takes away from what could have been a decent pregame compared to the last few Maddens.

The audio is horrible. There is just no other way to say it. I have a $15k hi end audio system and it is very detailed and lets you know all the flaws. The commentary sounds like its been compressed to the lowest form possible, and the Dolby digital/dts surround mix is just bad sounding and totally lifeless.

If you play on zoom mode on a good monitor or HD TV it is easy to see the player model shading is extremely bland this year. The only thing improved is player models, helmets, and some players faces look great. Sidelines and stadiums are also bland. the cut scenes of the entire stadiums from a "blimp cam" look pretty good though

The standard cam is unplayable to me. It is so far away that it is now a sky cam. The zoom cam is perfect until the passing cam kicks in which just doesnt zoom out enough. It's almost there, but just needs a hair more so you can see just enough of the sidelines to throw screens/etc and read the defense. I can live with the zoom cam as is, but the standard cam is like playing with ants. From that far away the players look SUPER jaggy too.

I like the feel of the gameplay this year though. More then years past. I can't put my finger on exactly what it is, but it does feel more realstic when controlling the players and watching the game. The defense feels better, tackles are better, passing better. Basically, In the gameplay area everything feels a step up from previous titles and more real IMO. Players sliding around still has to go. Really noticeable this year

My final verdict

Graphic: players models improved, but the aweful looking grass/field, bland players from zoom cam/standard cam distances, and poor stadiums and sidelines take away a lot.
Presentation:
Poor commentary, pregame cut scenes that freeze up, lack of a good halftime and post game show, -but improved stat over lays...all lead up to a poor presentation IMO.
Gameplay:
Better conrolls, annimations, tackles, passing, computer AI are all a step up IMO
Final Verdict:

"This was posted in another thread by someone else." Well said.
Old 08-31-2011, 11:20 PM   #21
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16

wow I've only played on the turf in the Georgia dome and thinking that some fields are worse off than that is pretty ridiculous!
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »