Home

My worst fears confirmed.

This is a discussion on My worst fears confirmed. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-31-2011, 01:02 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: My worst fears confirmed.

You are doing the Lord's work brother. That's some dedication!
Old 08-31-2011, 02:02 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 3

Sorry if im late to the party but what is FBG???
Old 08-31-2011, 02:21 AM   #11
Banned

BParis's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by NICKx84
I do not know what it is either, but this has me worried that maybe other things will be different. I worry that maybe my toliet may not slosh down clockwise anymore for example. I'll check that first thing in the morning. Back to bed now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2011, 02:40 AM   #12
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEBB2001
Perhaps I should explain it like this. You had a range from 99 to 12. Now that range is from 99 to 0. That means that every attribute (some 50+) needs to be re-scaled according to the scouting data. So instead of having 88 increments, I now have 100 increments. That changes the numbers at the top and bottom...for 17190 players. That means I have to re-calculate approx 860000 individual numbers...that's right, almost 1 MILLION numbers. That, to do it correctly, takes a long, long time. How do I know? Because I have done it once before already.
Yeah, but if you are using some sort of spreadsheets you can easily fix it. You won't get whole numbers, so you will have to have the program round it for you (like in Excel you just set all the cells to 0 decimal places or use the ROUND function).

The equation for rescaling would be this:

Xnew=99*(Xold-12)/87

(so if the old rating, Xold happened to be 99, the new rating, Xnew, would still be 99. If Xold was 12, it would now be 0, and all the ratings in between would also be rescaled.)

If you are using Excel, you could copy your spreadsheet to another page, delete all the rating values from it, put this: '=99*(Xold-12)/87' into the first cell that you deleted (for example, you would put it into the cell for Husain Abdullah's speed in the new sheet, where Xold would be the old rating which you would reference from the other sheet). You could then just drag and fill the rest of the ratings without anymore work.

If you did ratings by position, then that just means a little more work, but by no means should you have to go through all the ratings.

And if you aren't using Excel, I'm sure there are similar tricks you can use.

EDIT: To have it round the number, you would just use this equation

=ROUND(99*(Xold-12)/87,0)

Last edited by steelers1; 08-31-2011 at 02:46 AM.
Old 08-31-2011, 02:46 AM   #13
Rookie

Ricanlegend's Arena

OVR: 0

OMG how will i ever live without FBG ? lmao who cares
Old 08-31-2011, 02:51 AM   #14
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricanlegend
OMG how will i ever live without FBG ? lmao who cares
The guys who spent hours and hours working on the data care. It doesn't matter if you plan to use it or not (I didn't really know about it until now), but it would suck to think you wasted so much time.
Old 08-31-2011, 03:38 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelers1
Yeah, but if you are using some sort of spreadsheets you can easily fix it. You won't get whole numbers, so you will have to have the program round it for you (like in Excel you just set all the cells to 0 decimal places or use the ROUND function).

The equation for rescaling would be this:

Xnew=99*(Xold-12)/87

(so if the old rating, Xold happened to be 99, the new rating, Xnew, would still be 99. If Xold was 12, it would now be 0, and all the ratings in between would also be rescaled.)

If you are using Excel, you could copy your spreadsheet to another page, delete all the rating values from it, put this: '=99*(Xold-12)/87' into the first cell that you deleted (for example, you would put it into the cell for Husain Abdullah's speed in the new sheet, where Xold would be the old rating which you would reference from the other sheet). You could then just drag and fill the rest of the ratings without anymore work.

If you did ratings by position, then that just means a little more work, but by no means should you have to go through all the ratings.

And if you aren't using Excel, I'm sure there are similar tricks you can use.

EDIT: To have it round the number, you would just use this equation

=ROUND(99*(Xold-12)/87,0)
The problem is that you have no idea whether or not these numbers will correspond properly to the previous numbers in terms of gameplay. You have to recalibrate the entire system.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2011, 03:42 AM   #16
L.A. to S.D. to HI

Boltman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by NICKx84
Honestly, I would like to know this as well.

I really don't understand what happened to the guy, or what this thread is actually about.

Not saying I don't care like someone else posted either, it is just that I'd like to know a little more so I can understand the dilemma here.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »