Home

Is it worth starting a Franchise with the little nuances?

This is a discussion on Is it worth starting a Franchise with the little nuances? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-31-2011, 12:39 PM   #17
Rookie

brettmickey's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Is it worth starting a Franchise with the little nuances?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGMRock
If you start a franchise just make sure you also don't edit any player with a player role you like or it will get removed. :P even if you edit a armband or something.

Say you have a QB that has the role Franchise QB which gives him some nice stats boosts, dont go changing anything at all on him or that role will get removed from him.

Happened to me and I didn't find this bug until 6 games into my first year. Not sure I want to start over now. I simmed through to the 2nd year and they will get new stuff assigned to them in year 2 if they earn it anyway.

I changed Suh's pads or something I think and he lost his Future Star and what ever his other role was. Not sure what affect that will have on his raitings for year 2.
Can you do me a huge favor? If anyone can go into their franchise (if it's still in year 1) and tell me what player roles the Bills have. I don't think I edited anything with Marcell Dareus and he doesn't show up as a future star. The only 2 that popped up for me was Fitzpatrick with Game Manager and Buster Davis with Underachiever. Can anyone tell me if there are any more listed on theirs? Thanks very much in advance
Old 08-31-2011, 12:50 PM   #18
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20

I say yes! There realy isn't anything that awful that should stop you from starting one. I found all the scouting issues and created that thread yesterday, but I wouldn't say that should stop you. I don't really care about editing players, esp accesories so that won't bother me. Franchise is very good finally, and can be made as in depth as you want to make it. I just started a 32 team franchise, and i will only be playing with the Panthers. Everything is set to cpu, so I don't need to control every roster move for every team. Here's basically how I'm going about it...

For scouting, I will let the cpu scout for every team(even the Panthers), cuz with the issues it's not even worth messing with imo. And if you use my guide in the thread I made, you can kinda "cheat" when drafting cuz you know what positions to scout, and when to scout them in order to get the most attributes unlocked. The AI does not, so to make it fair, I wil go into the draft just as blind as they are. I do believe EA WILL patch the scouting issues, and when they do I won't have to restart my franchise, and I will start scouting for the Panthers only at that time. Of course I will do testing with this beforehand to make sure its fixed.

Free agent signing will be up to the cpu, and I will resign who I want on the Panthers. The one thing, and prolly only thing you will lose by doing a 32 team chise is the FA bidding. It def sucks cuz it is fun, but its impossible to do. I can either sim it out and whoever gets who then that's just who they get, even my team the Panthers. I am thinking of ways to go about it so I can have some fun with it though. I am thinking of making a list of needs for each team after they resign who they want...and looking at the FA list one position at a time. Narrow each position down matching that position with teams in need. For example, if I have 5 teams needing a QB(and you'll have to decide if they should get one via draft or not), this is where it becomes fun to me! Look at the QB draft class,and draft pick order for the teams in need. Decide if any team in front of them needs a qb etc etc...cap space come into play as well, a GMs job is not easy!

Actually to make it easier(just thought of this), if there's 5 teams in need, take like 30 scrap pieces of paper and write "Draft" on 15, and "FA" on the other 15. When deciding how to fill the need of the QB, draw from the hat! So for example, the 49ers are one of the teams who need a QB after the season. Before you enter FA period or draft you draw from the hat. You pick "Draft"...sooo you CANNOT sign a QB from FA for that team. And do this for each team for every need. Make a note of how each position is filled somewhere of course. I really like this idea lol!

When it comes to the draft, I still need to test out how the cpu drafts when using a generated draft class. But IF I wanna use an imported draft class, I will have to draft for every team. Reason...because every single time the cpu will draft the same punter in the top 5, and there are just other odd decisions I didn't like. IF with generated classes this is not an issue I will let them make their own picks, and I will pick for the Panthers only. But I kinda like the idea of playing GM for every team come draft day anyways, so I will prolly draft for them. At least through rounds 1-4 anyway. When at the draft it will say what positions are needed still, so I will make sure to make sure they get filled. Sometimes drafting based on need, and sometimes best player available. Kinda like real life!

It sounds like a ton of work, and it will be...to prepare each team for the draft based on needs, cap space, drawing from a hat, etc...but like I said, you can make this game as in depth as you wanna make it. This is what we all ask for right-Options!? Well now we have them finally so take advantage! Also, like I always say and ask ppl...why are you in such a hurry to finish the offseason tasks!!?? All that happens is you enter a new season and get to play another 16 games haha! I feel like we should take as many hours if not more into the game for offseason stuff as we do during the season playing countless hours playing all 16 games plus playoffs!

I will stop here..but I really feel and am excited about franchise mode for the first time ever with Madden! Do what you all want, whatever makes it fun for you. That's the bottom line. If there is anyone else wanting to do a 32 team one, let's get a thread going for it and collaborate ideas etc on how to do so!
Old 08-31-2011, 12:55 PM   #19
Old School

MachoMyers's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
If you start a franchise just make sure you also don't edit any player with a player role you like or it will get removed. :P even if you edit a armband or something.

Say you have a QB that has the role Franchise QB which gives him some nice stats boosts, dont go changing anything at all on him or that role will get removed from him.

Happened to me and I didn't find this bug until 6 games into my first year. Not sure I want to start over now. I simmed through to the 2nd year and they will get new stuff assigned to them in year 2 if they earn it anyway.

I changed Suh's pads or something I think and he lost his Future Star and what ever his other role was. Not sure what affect that will have on his raitings for year 2.
Damn, happened in NCAA and now in Madden. Crazy. If you edit equipment before starting a franchise will you be alright?
Old 08-31-2011, 12:58 PM   #20
Pro

SGMRock's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by brza37
Is it possible to edit a player save, then go back in and edit their roles back to normal? Does this also affect players you edit outside of franchise before starting one?
Yes, I tested it both ways. If they have a player role don't edit them unless it something you don't care about.

Like Stafford is a Franchise QB which boosts his accuracy in some catagories, but he is also listed as Injury Prone. I thought the game underated his accuracy so before I started my franchise I downloaded the latest online rosters and then edited him.

Once I started franchise he has no player roles anymore. Which was sorta a good thing for the injury prone thing .

I went back and started a second franchise with the latest roster without touching a thing, and the Lions had a bunch of players with roles where as in my franchise they had none because I had changed something on them, like removing Jr. from Calvin Johnson for instance, change a wrist trap on Suh...

I tested this new franchise changing stuff on some of these players and it wiped out their roles. I posted all this in the bugs thread.
Old 08-31-2011, 01:01 PM   #21
Pro

SGMRock's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by brettmickey
Can you do me a huge favor? If anyone can go into their franchise (if it's still in year 1) and tell me what player roles the Bills have. I don't think I edited anything with Marcell Dareus and he doesn't show up as a future star. The only 2 that popped up for me was Fitzpatrick with Game Manager and Buster Davis with Underachiever. Can anyone tell me if there are any more listed on theirs? Thanks very much in advance
You could just start a new franchise with the team and check them :P thats how I found out what I was missing. I looked at my teams roles and only saw 2 and was like hmm thats odd, seems like I should have way more than that. So I started a new one with the same time and had a ton more.

I just checked the Bills they actually only have 2 players in the latest rosters with roles... :P

Fitzpatrick has Game Manager and B. Davis a WR has Underachiever.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2011, 01:09 PM   #22
Fear The Spear

37's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
You could just start a new franchise with the team and check them :P thats how I found out what I was missing. I looked at my teams roles and only saw 2 and was like hmm thats odd, seems like I should have way more than that. So I started a new one with the same time and had a ton more.

I just checked the Bills they actually only have 2 players in the latest rosters with roles... :P

Fitzpatrick has Game Manager and B. Davis a WR has Underachiever.
Confirmed since i'm playing with the Bills as well
Old 08-31-2011, 01:10 PM   #23
Pro

SGMRock's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavier12
Damn, happened in NCAA and now in Madden. Crazy. If you edit equipment before starting a franchise will you be alright?
No I think you asked this while I was typing the answer to the other guy.

I could this being the way they designed it, if you edit someones attributes maybe then wanted their roles to get reset. But changing anything but attributes or traits I think shouldn't affect the role.

It's not exactly like the NCAA issue. The new Traits part of Madden is not affected, they keep all the same traits, like forcing passes or scrambling often or not at all and all those nice new things they put for all the players.

Its just the roles that get whiped out. Like Calvin Johnson will lose his Go to Guy role if you take the Jr. out of his last name before or after you start the Franchise. But all his Traits stuff stay the same, like Fights for Extra Yards - Yes and Makes Sideline Catches - Yes, High Motor - Yes and so on.

Now in season 2 they will get new ones based on how they played in season 1, so again its a small bug compaired to the NCAA traits one.
Old 08-31-2011, 01:10 PM   #24
MIB Crew

rspencer86's Arena

OVR: 49

I always start my franchise mode a little later, after the patch drops. Here's what I do between release date and the date the patch drops:
  • Fool around with the "other" modes (MUT, Superstar Mode, etc.)
  • Play online
  • Work on finding a good base for sliders. May have to tweak a slider or two after the patch, but usually it just takes a little bit.
  • Work on earning all of the Achievements/Trophies

University of Missouri '09
Twitter: @RyanASpencer

Royals / Chiefs / Bulls / Mizzou / Sporting KC

PSN: MizzouTigerrr

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »