Home

Is it worth starting a Franchise with the little nuances?

This is a discussion on Is it worth starting a Franchise with the little nuances? within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 08-31-2011, 02:49 PM   #33
MVP

infemous's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Is it worth starting a Franchise with the little nuances?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGMRock
Well if the incoming rookie has no player role, or a role you could care less about you can edit them without worring about it.
it's more for editing CPU teams. I think all roles are important, was just wondering when the players are assigned them? Like are they assigned after they sign the contract?

I'm thinking if I do it while they're still unsigned, they'll have no roles to erase, and then when they are signed they're given their roles?

I'm trying to think of a work around, as this will be especially problematic with the way I play Franchise. I really hate the generic names and if a team (say Redskins) are picking 1st OVR and they take a stud QB who fits the Luck mould, it'd be a travesty to change his name then next year they take another QB even tho he was a 1st OVR pick.

If anyone can try this for me please it'd be great, I don't get the game until Friday!
Old 08-31-2011, 03:04 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteMan22
No it is not. It's way worth it to trade it in, buy NFL2K and play from there. Totally more worth it.
ROFL
this post literally made me LOL for some reason
Old 08-31-2011, 03:44 PM   #35
MVP

bukktown's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGMRock
Yes, I tested it both ways. If they have a player role don't edit them unless it something you don't care about.

Like Stafford is a Franchise QB which boosts his accuracy in some catagories, but he is also listed as Injury Prone. I thought the game underated his accuracy so before I started my franchise I downloaded the latest online rosters and then edited him.

Once I started franchise he has no player roles anymore. Which was sorta a good thing for the injury prone thing .

I went back and started a second franchise with the latest roster without touching a thing, and the Lions had a bunch of players with roles where as in my franchise they had none because I had changed something on them, like removing Jr. from Calvin Johnson for instance, change a wrist trap on Suh...

I tested this new franchise changing stuff on some of these players and it wiped out their roles. I posted all this in the bugs thread.

After NCAA, a bug like this was so predictable...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2011, 04:20 AM   #36
Rookie

JimmyT85's Arena

OVR: 2

Thank you for everyone's comments/thoughts

I think when I first play the game tonight, I'll have a look at someone's sliders and play a few Play Now games with them to get a feel for the difficulty (never used custom sliders before). Then after I've got a feel for it, start up a Franchise

Cheers
Old 09-01-2011, 05:03 PM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 5

Franchise has a major issue in which the CPU will keep their undrafted free agents and cut veterans who are much better players. This leads to all of the teams having backups who are 50 or lower ovr. Big issue to me, as it is completely unrealistic, and it makes all the CPU controlled teams much crappier than they should be. I've read that controlling all 32 teams is a workaround for this, but that seems like a lot of work to me.

So no, I wouldn't start a franchise yet, at least if you're only planning on doing one major franchise.
Old 09-01-2011, 05:40 PM   #38
Banned

MileHighSalute30's Arena

OVR: 10

I would do a franchise now, as I think the game plays pretty well out of the box. I am choosing to wait until the week 1 rosters come out though, as a few of my BRONCOS are due a ratings boost and I'm sure we will pick a few guys up off the waiver wire after Saturday.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »