Home

Does EA even care about us?

This is a discussion on Does EA even care about us? within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)
Closed Thread

Old 08-31-2011, 01:15 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Does EA even care about us?

It not having an ESPN presentation... The NFL is probably stopping it. Thing about it NFL has there own network and own presentation. Wouldn't they want that in there first? That's why I think it ain't happening.

MADDEN16 very soon!
EA Access Soon Too
UPGRADED Xbox ONE - About Time!
Old 08-31-2011, 01:20 PM   #18
Rookie

BlackJackRabbit's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by PunchDrunk
Every year there are always complaints about Madden, and EA doesn't do crap about it. All they care about is the $$$. If they acutally did care about their consumers they would make an effort to make the game better each year. For example they aquired the ESPN liscense and they haven't used it since they bought the NFL rights. What do we have to do to get EA's attention?
All any video game company ( even 2k) cares about is money; EA is no different. Everyone knows what the difference is between EA and the other publishers ( making other sports games) that seem to care so much about their fan base.

On the bright side, many of the sites that used to be so pro-Madden with their reviews seem to be getting fed up with the way Madden has been progressing. Why it's happening this year ? I don't know. M11 wasn't nearly as good as M12, and if you take the reviews of M11 on this site and compare it with the reviews M12 got, the writers were way higher on M11. I have no idea why. Maybe they just expected a bigger improvement.

For me, M12 is enjoyable, but Madden still hasn't made that jump when moving from one console to the next that I was accustomed to experiencing with the transition to the PS1 to PS2/Xbox, and PS2/Xbox to PS3/360.

The big jumps that Madden has made are in the visuals, period. The features and game-play have remained stagnant, and in many they've cases regressed. EA can fix as many of Madden's problems as they want; they shouldn't have been in the game so long in the first place, and what gamers are really waiting for is for Madden to finally make that jump from last-gen to this gen. So far, it hasn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Segagendude
This won't last long.....

But allow me to address the ESPN thing:

They have the license, but aren't allowed to use ESPN likenesses or logos. I can't remember why, but they've been forbidden since they acquired the NFL license..nothing we can do about that.
They can still use the NFL network style presentation with the Dieon, Rich Eishen, Marshall Faulk, Mooch, and Warren Sapp. They could make the presentation really authentic, but they don't, and every knows why. There's no need to beat a dead horse.

For all their talk about presentation, it's abysmal this year. They added new cut-scenes, and camera angels; who cares ? There's a lot more to presentation than that. The commentary is awful. How many times a game is Gus going to call someone a "primed performer ?"

Last edited by BlackJackRabbit; 08-31-2011 at 01:31 PM.
Old 08-31-2011, 01:27 PM   #19
MVP

Pezell04x's Arena

OVR: 16

I can't wait for this post again on 8/31/2013!
Old 08-31-2011, 01:29 PM   #20
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Segagendude
This won't last long.....

But allow me to address the ESPN thing:

They have the license, but aren't allowed to use ESPN likenesses or logos. I can't remember why, but they've been forbidden since they acquired the NFL license..nothing we can do about that.
This almost sounds like an EA Sports spin to wiggle out of putting in the extra work to make presentation better. haha
Old 08-31-2011, 01:41 PM   #21
Pro

SGMRock's Arena

OVR: 8

These rant posts are so yesterday!
Old 08-31-2011, 03:44 PM   #22

Danimal's Arena

OVR: 21

We start by not making another account when previously banned. then I can think of a few other ways that don't involve breaking the TOS.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »