Home

Put madden on the PC

This is a discussion on Put madden on the PC within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-31-2011, 05:06 PM   #17
Rookie

TearsOfPurple's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Put madden on the PC

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
At the same time he is very right. I spent over $400 on a laptop almost two months ago.
That's because it's a laptop. Good gaming laptops cost $1k+. While you can easily build a $600-$650 Desktop that maxes every game. But this isn't the point of the thread..

I'd love Madden on the PC, mostly because mods are awesome and then I could play Madden for years to come. Madden '08 graphics are meh, or else I would have that on my PC.
Old 08-31-2011, 05:13 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 0

None of the games I play are even on pc.
Old 08-31-2011, 05:15 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 6

NBA 2k on PC looks years ahead of the console versions... faces, shoes, arenas, everything about the game looks so much better. I would purchase a football game on PC on the spot if there was one. Fifa , PES and even PFS with mods are real fun....i know im out of the topic but i cant wait for BF3 !!
Sammy LN52A750.Onkyo TXSR706.Sammy UN46B8000,Yamaha RXV465,3 Monster THX Speakers 200 w/Monster stands.2 Monster THX Speaker 100 w/Monster stands.Klipsch SUB10.PS3,Xbox 360 w/HDMI.Directv HDDVR Black.Iomega HD multimedia drive.Gateway Custom Made Gaming PC connected to TV via HDMI.
Old 08-31-2011, 05:33 PM   #20
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by TearsOfPurple
That's because it's a laptop. Good gaming laptops cost $1k+. While you can easily build a $600-$650 Desktop that maxes every game. But this isn't the point of the thread..
You're right. That's why I also agree with Profit89. A least to me, it's silly that you have to spend $1k+ on a laptop to game, when I can spend $150-ish on a refurbished 360 [with a warranty] and play a library of crrent grade A titles.

I go on over to ign.com for the PC and look at the top rated games, and sort by All-Time, and what do I find? A list that is almost completely made up of games I can play on console, and specifically the 360. No, they are not the best versions of the game, but I can live with that. So, by not gaming on the PC, what am I really missing out on? Black and White? Star Craft 1 and 2? WoW? The Longest Journey?

IGN isn't the end-all be-all of game reviews, but seriously... on that list of all time great games [9.0+ score,] I already played them on my old computer [B&W, SC1, TLG] or they are not my style of game [WoW.] Why would I WANT to spend $1k+ on a gaming PC? I don't need to spend big money to post on OS, watch YouTube, send email, and lurk /b/.

AND even if I did spend all that money on a gaming PC, and to get back on topic, I still wouldn't be able to play Madden or APF2k8 or ESPN2k5!!! [just like right now :sad face:]

Last edited by PGaither84; 08-31-2011 at 05:47 PM.
Old 08-31-2011, 05:36 PM   #21
Rookie

The posters are right that a good gaming rig is going to cost you a decent bit of money but that same rig your just bought or built is upgradeable into the future. The new line of consoles are expected to release sometime around 2014 but a pc upgrade could be anytime you wish.

It is easier to just pop a game into a console and not have to worry about hardware or software issues and learning to install mods or even do mods yourself can take time.

But if you are willing to put in some time to learn these things, you can make a game into what you want it to be WAY more than the restrictions of a console. For football games I enjoy playing the franchise offline vs pc so on a pc you can turn the AI into a better representation of SIM than any set of sliders on a console.

And yes I do have a PS3 as well as PC.
..."And there's a frequent bug that turns the receivers' route markers into dancing squiggly lines. None of these problems destroy the fun of running a perfect option play, but they do take you out of what should be an immersive experience."....

Last edited by smoove7; 08-31-2011 at 05:39 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2011, 05:49 PM   #22
Rookie

This is a great website for mods http://downloads.moddingway.com/category/98.html
Sammy LN52A750.Onkyo TXSR706.Sammy UN46B8000,Yamaha RXV465,3 Monster THX Speakers 200 w/Monster stands.2 Monster THX Speaker 100 w/Monster stands.Klipsch SUB10.PS3,Xbox 360 w/HDMI.Directv HDDVR Black.Iomega HD multimedia drive.Gateway Custom Made Gaming PC connected to TV via HDMI.
Old 08-31-2011, 05:51 PM   #23
Pro

SGMRock's Arena

OVR: 8

We live in a world driven by technology. The PC is ever changing growing tech, with new hardware constantly streaming out and new software to be found all the time. Platforms like Steam have brought a lot back to PC gaming.

I will not use a dumbed down console for anything I don't have to. Games like Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Battlefield Bad Company 2 and so on are a huge amount better on the PC. Keyboard and mouse blow away controller for FPS games.

Like others said in the modern PC era there isn't all this crap about blue screens and bad controllers or keeping drivers updated because Windows 7 and other things will tell you when to update now and they even keep updates of the latest graphics drivers for the major companies and let you know when to update those.

I've been building my own PCs for 23 years now and you can get a lot out of a $500 machine now. It wont be a top gaming rig true, but it will blow away any console on the market.

My PC is about $2500 worth of hardware but then again i'm what you would call an enthusiest. :P

People that talk down about PC's now are just not up to speed. This goes for developers as well. EA even in their own company parts of it really know how to use the current high end PC's with games like BF3, Crysis and many other EA titles that use DX11 graphics and multicore CPU's.

For some reason EA Sports though continues to shun the PC.

Last edited by SGMRock; 08-31-2011 at 05:53 PM.
Old 08-31-2011, 05:56 PM   #24
Pro

SGMRock's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehitokiri
This is a great website for mods http://downloads.moddingway.com/category/98.html

Ya when the EA NHL series was in its prime on the PC back in early to mid 2000's there were a lot of mods for that too, facepacks and so on. Editors may by modders that could edit anything in the rosters even down to what name the play by play used for them. You could even edit an attribute for every player in the league if you wanted, if you though checking was to high accross the board you could edit it down by -5 for whatever for everyone in the whole game with one click.

I miss those days for sure with the NHL Series.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »