Home

Put madden on the PC

This is a discussion on Put madden on the PC within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 08-31-2011, 06:04 PM   #25
MVP

bukktown's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Put madden on the PC

I heard that they got the internet on PCs nowadays so they could probably put Madden on there too!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2011, 06:15 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterkrabz
Even with you $600 PC you're still at 2x the cost of an /PS3..even at that low cost it's still not worth it. But the reality is, if you want a kick @$$ gaming PC that "Blows Away" consoles you need to spend some serious coin. I would argue $1500 or more, minimum.
My PC maxes out everything. Extra high settings, AA and AF turned up, 1920x1080, and I spent just over $600. You don't need to come close to $1500 or even $1000. Anything more is overkill considering what I have already maxes everything out. You do not know anything about PCs and pricing obviously. You are just making stuff up.

It may be double the cost but I can do 10x more on it.

Last edited by cha0ss0ldier; 08-31-2011 at 06:18 PM.
Old 08-31-2011, 06:38 PM   #27
Rookie

permanent1's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
At the same time he is very right. I spent over $400 on a laptop almost two months ago.

HP Pavilion g6
Intel i3 [quad core] @2.4GHz processor
4Gigs of RAM
500Gig Hard Drive
DVD-RW
Win 7 64-bit

It's a nice computer. I enjoy it. It was very competitively priced for it's features, for a laptop. However, I can't even play Fallout 3 or Dargon Age Origins on it. To be fair, that is because laptops are not built for gaming... but seriously? I spend more on a new laptop than I have to spend on a FIVE+ YEAR OLD console and I can't play games built for that FIVE YEAR OLD console? Common.

You need to spend a good amount of money on your PC to game. More than you do to pick up and play on a console. You do not have to worry about installation, compatibility, settings, etc. Also, I can play XBox with my friends online. I would have to have my friends also buy an expensive PC set up to game with them online.

Unlike permanent1, I know you can hook your PC up to your TV. I used to do that before I moved. I also understand and love mods for PC games. I have been playing a heavily modified version of Morrowind on my laptop since I cannot use my 360 right now. The thing is, console gaming appeals to me more, and has my whole life. I grew up on Legend of Zelda, Metroid, Mario, Earthbound, Chrono trigger, Star Fox, etc. You couldn't play those on the PC back in the day. I am glad you can now play modern classics like Mass Effect, Fallout3, and dragon age on the computer... except wait, I still can't.

Cost, and ease of use. Tech support/repair, etc. Friends that don't also have a fancy computer to play on, but they DO have a PS3/360. I was happy with my old 2003 computer even until I had to move, because outside of gaming or video editing, you don't need a powerful/expensive set up. To me, and many others, computers aren't WORTH the money it costs in order to game when you can buy a console.
What do you mean unlike me? Trust me i know plenty enough about Computers much less about being able to hook them up to a TV i mean really who does not know that? Secondly laptops always cost more than desktop PC's,my PC cost me about $650 and i can run anything out there at max settings including crysis,fallout three ran great on my previous PC that was one that was bought as a package from frys for $400 not saying anyone can or should buy a PC for gaming to each their own i love both my 360 and PC but to say consoles have caught up to PC's graphicaly is laughable at best.

PS: i have also been modding morrowind and oblivion with all the max high end mods for years,skyrim ftw!
Old 08-31-2011, 08:07 PM   #28
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by permanent1
What do you mean unlike me? Trust me i know plenty enough about Computers much less about being able to hook them up to a TV i mean really who does not know that? Secondly laptops always cost more than desktop PC's,my PC cost me about $650 and i can run anything out there at max settings including crysis,fallout three ran great on my previous PC that was one that was bought as a package from frys for $400 not saying anyone can or should buy a PC for gaming to each their own i love both my 360 and PC but to say consoles have caught up to PC's graphicaly is laughable at best.

PS: i have also been modding morrowind and oblivion with all the max high end mods for years,skyrim ftw!
Sorry, I made a mistake which user name was which. I will edit my post. I meant misterkrabz.
Old 09-01-2011, 05:03 PM   #29
All Star

p2xgamers's Arena

OVR: 19

I spent $700ish on my computer 2 years ago and I just got deus ex and have it maxed out and my graphics card at the time getting it back then was not top of the line. You could argue for immediate expense, yes a gaming PC is more expensive than a 360 or PS3. But if you take in effect the console generations, upgrades to your PC and the fact that you can do more than just game on a computer.

Quote:
Glad to see there is someone in here who gets it. I think PC apologist get a little sensitive when folks start talking PC v. Console. I can understand why, they've been neglected for many years and they just can't figure out why. Whatís funny is when you try to explain it to them, or translate it into human speak, they still donít listen.
Neglected? Yeah sports games haven't been on PC's for years. But we get games like Crysis which already pointed out, looks much better than anything the console has. We get easy to install mods, user made maps and stuff. Heck look at the GTA IV stuff available, I can't even go back to my 360 version.

Quote:
Even with you $600 PC you're still at 2x the cost of an XBOX/PS3..even at that low cost it's still not worth it. But the reality is, if you want a kick @$$ gaming PC that "Blows Away" consoles you need to spend some serious coin. I would argue $1500 or more, minimum.
Even at that low cost it's still not worth it, why? And for that gaming pc you speak of you do not need to spend $1500 or more, with a $1000 system I could argue you would have a beast system that would be taking a lot of luxuries and unnecessary aspects. Depending what you go with, but you could spend in the $550-$750 price range and get a gaming PC that could play any new games maxed out maybe for 2 years, the funny thing is after that you could still play them at near high or medium settings and it would look similar to the 360. All the while you are combining your personal computer which everyone has, with your gaming device.

I'm not going to argue consoles are irrelevant and not worth the money, but a gaming PC is not expensive and not difficult and stands up to the consoles, in some ways better.

My Blog

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »