Home

Put madden on the PC

This is a discussion on Put madden on the PC within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-31-2011, 04:26 PM   #1
Rookie
 
OVR: 6
Join Date: Dec 2007
Put madden on the PC

It would be nice to have madden or Ncaa on the PC because look at all the things you could do with NBA 2K11 such as mods etc.

If football gaming were put back on the pc we could pretty much turn it into the sim experience we want due to all the editing you can do. But maybe that is why it does not get put on PC due to all the file digging you can do.
__________________
..."And there's a frequent bug that turns the receivers' route markers into dancing squiggly lines. None of these problems destroy the fun of running a perfect option play, but they do take you out of what should be an immersive experience."....

Last edited by smoove7; 08-31-2011 at 04:29 PM.
smoove7 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2011, 04:35 PM   #2
MVP
 
PGaither84's Arena
 
OVR: 49
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Lima, Peru
Blog Entries: 15
Re: Put madden on the PC

Don't expect EA to do this. I wish 2k/Visual Concepts would though. I would love to see what a Mod community could/would do to a 2k football game.
__________________
My Madden Blog
PGaither84 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 04:49 PM   #3
Banned
 
OVR: 2
Join Date: Feb 2011
Re: Put madden on the PC

No interest what so ever in playing Madden, or any sports game other than a text based sim, on a PC. I remember the days of trying to tweak graphics cards, compatibility and driver problems, clunky game play, weird third party controlers, configuring those controllers, blue screens of death, and so on...no thanks. I get the "Modding" and stuff but for me, I'd never get that far because I don't want to deal all the other PC related stuff (noted above).

A while ago Consoles caught up to and passed (IMO) PC's in terms of graphics...from that point on PC's were doomed for sports gaming. Other than modding, there is no compelling reason to play any sports game on a PC.
misterkrabz is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 05:03 PM   #4
Rookie
 
Shadak's Arena
 
OVR: 2
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Prague
Re: Put madden on the PC

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterkrabz
....

A while ago Consoles caught up to and passed (IMO) PC's in terms of graphics...from that point on PC's were doomed for sports gaming. Other than modding, there is no compelling reason to play any sports game on a PC.
I Agree that console gaming is more comfortable for some ppl.

But this I dont think is true at all. Consoles will never surpass PC in that sort of stuff. Look at Fifa for example, once they brought 11 to a PC it looked miles better than a console version.
Shadak is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 05:07 PM   #5
Rookie
 
permanent1's Arena
 
OVR: 8
Join Date: Dec 2008
Re: Put madden on the PC

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterkrabz
No interest what so ever in playing Madden, or any sports game other than a text based sim, on a PC. I remember the days of trying to tweak graphics cards, compatibility and driver problems, clunky game play, weird third party controlers, configuring those controllers, blue screens of death, and so on...no thanks. I get the "Modding" and stuff but for me, I'd never get that far because I don't want to deal all the other PC related stuff (noted above).

A while ago Consoles caught up to and passed (IMO) PC's in terms of graphics...from that point on PC's were doomed for sports gaming. Other than modding, there is no compelling reason to play any sports game on a PC.
Ok well it is quite obvious you have NO clue as to what you are talking about here,PC graphics are still far and away better than consoles and all those problems you mentioned sound like something from ten years ago certainly doesnt happen much now.
permanent1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2011, 05:12 PM   #6
Rookie
 
OVR: 3
Join Date: Feb 2009
Re: Put madden on the PC

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterkrabz

A while ago Consoles caught up to and passed (IMO) PC's in terms of graphics...from that point on PC's were doomed for sports gaming. Other than modding, there is no compelling reason to play any sports game on a PC.
There isn't much more to say.
aTTckr is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 05:18 PM   #7
Rookie
 
OVR: 3
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Re: Put madden on the PC

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterkrabz
A while ago Consoles caught up to and passed (IMO) PC's in terms of graphics...from that point on PC's were doomed for sports gaming. Other than modding, there is no compelling reason to play any sports game on a PC.
PCs still look far better than consoles. Nothing on consoles can even touch Crysis as far as graphics go and that game is three years old (they had to downgrade Crysis 2 by a lot compared to the first one just to get it to run on consoles). PC games also run at higher resolution which makes them look much better than their console versions. I've been gaming on PC for over 10 years and I have never had any of the problems you listed. You can use a 360 controller for most PC games now and it's pretty much plug and play with no problems at all.

I just don't think the market is their for PC Madden, as much as I would like to have it.

Last edited by cha0ss0ldier; 08-31-2011 at 05:23 PM.
cha0ss0ldier is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 05:23 PM   #8
Banned
 
OVR: 2
Join Date: Feb 2011
Re: Put madden on the PC

Quote:
Originally Posted by permanent1
Ok well it is quite obvious you have NO clue as to what you are talking about here,PC graphics are still far and away better than consoles and all those problems you mentioned sound like something from ten years ago certainly doesnt happen much now.
Maybe...if you spend $500 on a video card and have a $1000+ dollar PC to push it. Also factor in the monitor vs. 42" LCD tv....which would rather play on? Me, I'll take the TV and kick back on the couch as opposed to sitting in some computer chair starring at a PC Monitor that's 18 inches from my nose....not trying to flame, I'm just saying console gaming is far more appealing for a whole host of reasons and far more cost effective...is having 1800x1280 resolution worth the extra $1000 it costs to get it? Nope. PC's are good for RTS's and text based Sims, that's it...I'd even give the nod to consoles for first person shooters as well. Even back in the day when Madden used to come out on PC, I'd still get it on the Playstation 1 (or SNES/Genesis) even at the time when PC's were far more advanced.

Also factor in when you say "Modding" you're also saying "Hacking" even if you don't realize it. PC gamers basically did it to themselves by Modding the games along with pirating the software. Those things are harder to do on consoles. I don't blame the developers for giving up on PC's, I wouldn't make games for the PC either (given the all the net positives of consoles for developers and consumers).
misterkrabz is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:08 PM.

Top -