Home

Lack of pass rush from 4-3 DEs frustrating

This is a discussion on Lack of pass rush from 4-3 DEs frustrating within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-31-2011, 05:17 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 25
Re: Lack of pass rush from 4-3 DEs frustrating

I have had no issues with de pass rush my 2 ends have led the league in sacks 2 years running on all pro default. Are you only sending a 4 man rush every play? If so you are looking at a 4 on 6 matchup and trays not very good odds for you.
Old 08-31-2011, 05:22 PM   #10
MVP

TWOSILK's Arena

OVR: 19

I dont know, but Chris Long is doing quite well for me, I dont blitz alot, but i think you have to take away one read from your opponent that gives you that split second to cause pressure. if a team can just drop back and throw you never will get any pressure, but if you make him go to his second or third read you should be punching him in the throat at this time.
Old 08-31-2011, 05:59 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 1

Same deal here, Taz. I use the Colts. Freeney and Mathis are both OVR 93 with 97/96 finesse moves. No pressure. They never beat the O-Line men. Only sacks I get are coverage sacks and blitzes. I play human vs human, so I don't know how it is with human vs CPU. I moved the pash rush sliders up 10 and still nothing.

I have no doubt you are having the same problem with the DE's from the Giants. EA needs to tune this. I added Tommie Harris to the Colts roster at DT and he gets consistent pressure up the middle. Sacks and tackles for loss every game.

I never see any of the swim moves get past the O-line quickly and put quick pressure on the quarterback.

I'd like to hear from others with the same problem.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2011, 05:59 PM   #12
Pro

SGMRock's Arena

OVR: 8

With the Lions at all pro level I try and rush with my LE Avril thats 84 overall but mostly I just distract the blocking enough to let Suh, Williams or Fairly get the sack :P my DT's seem to do way better. In NCAA 12 I got a good rush with my LE but Madden seems harder in that respect. Half the time they push me back when I try and swim or whatever to get past them I get shoved backwards a couple steps.
Old 08-31-2011, 06:00 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 1

By the way I am playing on All-Pro, with pash rush sliders INCREASED by ten.
Old 08-31-2011, 09:44 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 0

Same I have yet to get a big play from Osi or Tuck from the end. Seems only the DTs get there and very rarely. On 3rd and long I should be able to play coverage and get some pressure but not happening.
Old 08-31-2011, 09:51 PM   #15
Rookie

JDoze's Arena

OVR: 3

the real problem is people are expecting to get a couple sacks from each player per game. That is completely unrealistic. Just getting one sack each game would be a pro-bowl season.
Before this year, Madden couldn't replicate what consistent pressure does to the QB, but now with tendencies and DPP, the hits and constant pressure you put on a QB could possibly make him start getting rid of the ball sooner or taking of and scrambling more.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2011, 10:12 PM   #16
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDoze
the real problem is people are expecting to get a couple sacks from each player per game. That is completely unrealistic. Just getting one sack each game would be a pro-bowl season.
Before this year, Madden couldn't replicate what consistent pressure does to the QB, but now with tendencies and DPP, the hits and constant pressure you put on a QB could possibly make him start getting rid of the ball sooner or taking of and scrambling more.
Ummm no

I would be happy if they simply get PRESSURE. Which is something the DEs don't get on their own with default rosters.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »