Home

Axe Collinsworth - Mayock for 13

This is a discussion on Axe Collinsworth - Mayock for 13 within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 09-01-2011, 12:53 PM   #25
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Axe Collinsworth - Mayock for 13

I am all for Mayock and maybe even a draft preview for Mel Kiper Jr (like NFL 2K5 did)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2011, 12:54 PM   #26
Pro

T5063's Arena

OVR: 2

We need a weekly wrap-up show with Chris Berman
Old 09-01-2011, 01:44 PM   #27
Brake less...Go Faster!

Sundown2600's Arena

OVR: 13

Mayock is the best football guy alive today. I love that guy man crush (j/k lol)

Seriously the guy breaks down players during the combine like no other. Part of the main reason I sit and watch that boring junk is because I value his opinion so much.

I think he would be great for Madden but the problem isn't Chris or Gus or anyone else. The problem is there is not enough attention paid to having decent commentary in this game and sports games in general.
Old 09-01-2011, 02:08 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 4

This is my first Madden in four years, so I cant comment on the last few years. But the commentary in this game is horrible. Everything seems so stale and generic. If they do say something about a specific player, it's the same thing everytime. They don't really saw anything about the rookies. I've been playing with Carolina and you would think Cam had been in the league for years the way they talk about him.

They need to step it up big time.
Old 09-01-2011, 02:45 PM   #29
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by T5063
We need a weekly wrap-up show with Chris Berman
I vote for NFL Total Access and NFL Gameday instead, Madden needs to outdo what 2k did, not copy it.

Can you imagine a "Let's Go Primetime" highlight segment during Franchise Mode? That would be sick!

Want something in Madden added or fixed? Vote for it here http://www.ranker.com/list/top-reque...WlKfF9iZbujQ.0

Madden 15 will be the turning point of the Madden franchise
Old 09-01-2011, 03:08 PM   #30
Pro

WildFan22's Arena

OVR: 8

Commentary is such a huge part of the game that I cannot believe they haven't done more with it in this generation. It is the worst commentary in any sport and it's getting worse. The first UFC should have given them a road map for dynamic commentary that shows appropriate emotion.

They can work on a lot of things but no part of the game is as obvisouly FUBAR than the commentary. IMHO. It's really really awful.
Old 09-01-2011, 03:09 PM   #31
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMayface
This is my first Madden in four years, so I cant comment on the last few years. But the commentary in this game is horrible. Everything seems so stale and generic. If they do say something about a specific player, it's the same thing everytime. They don't really saw anything about the rookies. I've been playing with Carolina and you would think Cam had been in the league for years the way they talk about him.

They need to step it up big time.
I hate the silent replays in Madden 12. NFL2k5 - with a couple of actors - had better commentary on a last gen system. they would break down replays (big plays, penalties, etc) discuss (spoil) challenges, previous season stats, division standings, etc....

Sure NFL2k5 had a better commentary engine. But I think also the fact that they had two actors guys ---two guys with no other obligations and who's ONLY job was NFL2k5 commentary. I think that was the key. Heck I STILL hear new lines when I throw 2k5 in.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2011, 03:17 PM   #32
Pro

Lexicon's Arena

OVR: 16

I think actors are definitely the way to go. If nothing for than the reason that they're cheaper and can devote more time. I really like Collinsworth as a color guy and I'm not sure why folks want him out so bad. He actually sounds natural in the game. I think Gus needs to go. He's literally all over the place. As for Mayock, use him for draft presentation. He's my favorite draft personality.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »