Home

Has anyone here been or know a tester for the EA Madden series?

This is a discussion on Has anyone here been or know a tester for the EA Madden series? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2011, 02:13 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 3
Has anyone here been or know a tester for the EA Madden series?

Just reading some reviews, threads, and some of the glitch thread I find it hard to believe some of these bugs couldn't have been caught by playing the game through one or two times which leads me to the only belief left that EA simply doesn't test Madden as thoroughly as they should. I understand they probably test to make sure the game doesn't freeze but don't you think they should test to make sure everything they tried to implement works correctly?

I mean some of this stuff is silly (granted these might not be glitches but rather user error)...

RB sub packages not taking if you choose a pass play
Multiple players being called by the wrong name
Not able to tell league details in SS mode
Not being able to be a FA in SS mode

And those are all from one page in the glitch thread before the game is even out to the masses. It's kinda sad in reality how a product like that can even be let out the doors.

That being said, I am still buying the game.

Which brings me to the topic title, does anyone know anyone who tested for EA for MADDEN specifically or has anyone tested Madden for EA before release?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2011, 02:31 PM   #2
Rookie

frankstallone83's Arena

Re: Has anyone here been or know a tester for the EA Madden series?

It does make me curious how so many things can get by testing; there's just so many bugs & screwups that I run into the first time I play the game.

- Custom playbooks are screwed up, The wind selection at the coin toss is confusing, ncaa draft imports (although that may be a problem with ncaa) etc...

I'm still enjoying the game but for whatever reason the testing is terrible.
Old 08-29-2011, 02:33 PM   #3
Rookie

frankstallone83's Arena

Maybe EA did some cost analysis and just decided reading OS was better than hiring testers.
Old 08-29-2011, 02:36 PM   #4
Pro

SGMRock's Arena

OVR: 8

I honestly think some of the announcement bugs are related to roster releases. One of the bugs says it people get called the wrong name after the roster update. Which leads me to believe there is a error in the database file refering to the players name. I know back in the day when the NHL series was on PC there used to be some really great player editors made for it by some programers that played the game. Each player had a assignment for what the game play by play used for their name. You could have Brett Hull called Wayne Gretzky for instance if you change those in the database.

Seems to me like this could be an issue with their created roster updates. The very first roster update they released caused a lockup while editing depth charts of some teams. So maybe their rosters creation process is broken.
Old 08-29-2011, 02:37 PM   #5
Pro

SGMRock's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankstallone83
Maybe EA did some cost analysis and just decided reading OS was better than hiring testers.

LOL yes, as soon as I read the title of this thread I thought to myself. "yes everyone that reads this forum and has played the demo or retail copy of Madden and posted a bug is a tester!"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2011, 02:49 PM   #6
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankstallone83
Maybe they release it knowing there are small issues with certain gameplay items that they immediately start patching because of the short development turnaround? But then again it's also like they don't start new from where they left off with the previous year's patched version because in some cases something that was fixed by patch is right back in like new the next year.

It just boggles my mind, some of this stuff I'm reading I don't expect to be a problem in a game by a big name publisher.

ESPECIALLY after they pushed the release back two weeks or whatever it was.
Old 08-29-2011, 02:51 PM   #7
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGMRock
I honestly think some of the announcement bugs are related to roster releases. One of the bugs says it people get called the wrong name after the roster update. Which leads me to believe there is a error in the database file refering to the players name. I know back in the day when the NHL series was on PC there used to be some really great player editors made for it by some programers that played the game. Each player had a assignment for what the game play by play used for their name. You could have Brett Hull called Wayne Gretzky for instance if you change those in the database.

Seems to me like this could be an issue with their created roster updates. The very first roster update they released caused a lockup while editing depth charts of some teams. So maybe their rosters creation process is broken.
I'm thinking it has to be. I mean there's no way EA's sound guy chose all these wrong names unless he was on drugs when he did it, in which case I'm sure he's already been shown the door.

I just wish one time on this gen I could buy the NCAA/NFL game I've been looking forward to for months and not have to be looking forward to a patch an hour after I open it.
Old 08-29-2011, 02:55 PM   #8
Rookie

frankstallone83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbmnm247
Maybe they release it knowing there are small issues with certain gameplay items that they immediately start patching because of the short development turnaround? But then again it's also like they don't start new from where they left off with the previous year's patched version because in some cases something that was fixed by patch is right back in like new the next year.

It just boggles my mind, some of this stuff I'm reading I don't expect to be a problem in a game by a big name publisher.

ESPECIALLY after they pushed the release back two weeks or whatever it was.
Right. That's why earlier I said, "for whatever reason" b/c we've all heard the same excuses every year and some of it makes sense and is probably legit. However, the bottom line is no matter what the reason the testing/bug-fixing does in fact stink.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »