Home

Collision systems causing problems in coverage

This is a discussion on Collision systems causing problems in coverage within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 08-31-2011, 10:23 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Collision systems causing problems in coverage

I just got torched on all pro by the Steelers for 545 yards of offense. Mike Wallace had something like 220 yards recieving and it wasn't long bombs. So after each post play of 18 yards of which there were approximately 15, i looked at the replay and what I saw was if my nickel corner was on Wallace's side and the slot WR ran a route that took the nickel corner ANYWHERE near my #1 CB covering Wallace, they would collide, effectively picking each other and then Wallace would run free over the middle wide open. This happened 15-18 times during the game. It was stupid rediculous. Anyone else seeing this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2011, 10:55 PM   #2
MVP

inkcil's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Collision systems causing problems in coverage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cards77
I just got torched on all pro by the Steelers for 545 yards of offense. Mike Wallace had something like 220 yards recieving and it wasn't long bombs. So after each post play of 18 yards of which there were approximately 15, i looked at the replay and what I saw was if my nickel corner was on Wallace's side and the slot WR ran a route that took the nickel corner ANYWHERE near my #1 CB covering Wallace, they would collide, effectively picking each other and then Wallace would run free over the middle wide open. This happened 15-18 times during the game. It was stupid rediculous. Anyone else seeing this?
I saw it in the demo. Except my CB and LB ran into each other and the LB was supposed to cover the flat, instead he ran back toward the middle of the field leaving the RB wide open for a big gain. The CB was attempting to cover a WR on the slant. The CB survived the bump and continued to follow the WR, but the LB got totally lost. It was MAN coverage. I figured not to say anything bc it was the demo, but since this is in the retail version u might as well as a mod to close this thread and move ur finding to the "bugs and glitches" thread.

Now Playing:

XB1 (Forza Motorsport 6 and Horizon 2)
Switch (Mario Kart and Zelda)
PS3 (old 2k games and the Show)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »