Home

How many minutes do you set your francise on?

This is a discussion on How many minutes do you set your francise on? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-01-2011, 05:20 PM   #17
Rookie

Cajungodfather's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: How many minutes do you set your francise on?

12 minutes, i ran a little over 80 plays. I did have a few big plays so my play total is low. 40 passing and 38 rushing attempts. Sacked a few times putting me over 80 plays.The game took an hour to finish, and my offensive stats were a bit much. Over 500(300+ passing/ 220+ rushing) total yards of offense. It was against the rams(0-6 at the time) using the saints, but still seems one sided. Score was 52-13. Maybe i need to adjust the sliders.
Old 09-01-2011, 05:20 PM   #18
Rookie

justtxyank's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdefreitas
The only way you will ever get semi realistic tackling stats is to do 15 minute quarters. And then your scores get out of hand. Unfortunately imho, tackles have never been a realistic stat in madden.
Yeah, I don't understand this. The game is so bad at replicating linebacker play. It's the most useless position in Madden.
Old 09-01-2011, 05:21 PM   #19
Rookie

justtxyank's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
My last game 7 Min quarters No accelerated clock for me netted top defender to finish with 10 tackles.
I get players to finish with 10 tackles, but it's normally not a linebacker.
Old 09-01-2011, 05:36 PM   #20
Rookie

jdefreitas's Arena

OVR: 3

Yeah, I believe you do, but it's not consistent enough. Guys like Ray Lewis, London Fletcher, Patrick Willis, Jon Beason, etc should always have above 100 tackles a season.

However, if a human controls them on a difficulty level related to their skill it is extremely hard to accomplish this feat over a season. I guess if you control the same player all the time it may be possible, but I like to mix up my play and use LB's, DT's and DE's.
Old 09-01-2011, 06:34 PM   #21
Rookie

justtxyank's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdefreitas
Yeah, I believe you do, but it's not consistent enough. Guys like Ray Lewis, London Fletcher, Patrick Willis, Jon Beason, etc should always have above 100 tackles a season.

However, if a human controls them on a difficulty level related to their skill it is extremely hard to accomplish this feat over a season. I guess if you control the same player all the time it may be possible, but I like to mix up my play and use LB's, DT's and DE's.
Even if you control them it is hard to do.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2011, 09:21 AM   #22
Pro

T5063's Arena

OVR: 2

I played 2 games in franchise with 15min quarters and accelerated clock. I found it takes way too long to complete a game so I'm going to bump it down to 12 mins, that will cut the total time by 20%. My scores were 30-34 and 28-17 so hopefully the change will lower the average score as well.

I'm just hoping that they patch the accelerated clock then I'd play with 15min quarters on 12 second runoff.

As for the tackling stats, Its very hard to get realistic tackling stats even on 15 mins. My top tackler was between 30th-40th on the tackles list after 2 weeks.
Old 09-02-2011, 10:16 AM   #23
Banned

Manning2Harrison's Arena

OVR: 11

As my assignment for helping with the development of coach mode sliders, I compiled the stats for six games played by 6 different users with the same slider set and game settings.

12 minute quarters were used. The average number of plays in those games, including punts and field goal attempts, was 127.5.
Old 09-02-2011, 10:18 AM   #24
Rookie

unBEARable's Arena

OVR: 0

due to the non-adjustable accelerated clock, 12mins.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »