Home

Please bring back fight for fumble!

This is a discussion on Please bring back fight for fumble! within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 09-01-2011, 07:45 PM   #25
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: Please bring back fight for fumble!

I'm guessing it was removed, at least in part, do to it being part of the pro-tak design which was moved away from. I personally didn't care for the feature as a mechanic, but I miss the visual aspect of the pile ups. In fact, while I don't miss the rugby like scrums that happened too often with pro-tak, I do miss the "feel" it added to the game as a whole. I'm all for bigger hits, but right now a lot of the tackling feels too arcadish in the level of impact.

Anyway, as long as there is an option to turn it off I'm all for it, or something like it, to return.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2011, 09:24 PM   #26
MVP

cedwebb's Arena

OVR: 11

Loved the animation but didn't like the mini-game. I just turned off the mini-game and watched the animation and really like it. Wish they would have the pile up happen and someone come out with it based on the positions of people under the pile. Maybe even have it so that the more awareness a player has the better chance he has at grabbing it.
Old 09-01-2011, 09:30 PM   #27
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

OVR: 26

It was decent for playing the game against a human opponent. Could have been implemented better instead of having crazy button mashing though.
Old 09-01-2011, 09:42 PM   #28
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Everyone cries and cries about getting Madden more realistic then we get a request to bring back one the worse, non realistic, additions to Madden ever.
Why not have whoever is there uncontested get the ball and if more than one person gets there at same time then some rating determines it.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
Old 09-01-2011, 09:53 PM   #29
Rookie

Darkimpact17's Arena

OVR: 3

Fight for the fumble was the worst feature they have had in quite some time, Madden isn't a button mashing game why try to make it that.
Old 09-02-2011, 07:44 PM   #30
MVP

inkcil's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
Everyone cries and cries about getting Madden more realistic then we get a request to bring back one the worse, non realistic, additions to Madden ever.
Why not have whoever is there uncontested get the ball and if more than one person gets there at same time then some rating determines it.
We need some kind of pile-on animation or situation...it just happens way to much in football for it not to be in the game.

Now Playing:

XB1 (Forza Motorsport 6 and Horizon 2)
Switch (Mario Kart and Zelda)
PS3 (old 2k games and the Show)
Old 09-02-2011, 07:54 PM   #31
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
Because I don't want a fumble determined by button-mashing. I want it determined by who the heck was there first.
Actually I wanted heavily weight with that, but when there's a pile or the first player there doesn't secure it and then there's a mass pile of meat trying to get the poor ball, I would like more than that to determine it, just like in real life.

While I don't want this feature in, I think having STR (when players get there near the same time or if there's a pile fighting for it) have an impact would make it at least more interesting than first player basically always recovers the ball. Sometimes that happens in the real game, sometimes the ball bounces and rolls and guys kick it while trying to scoop it, etc.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2011, 08:22 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 3

no worse ideal in madden franchise

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »