Home

Chris Johnson is No Longer a Game Changer

This is a discussion on Chris Johnson is No Longer a Game Changer within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-01-2011, 02:49 PM   #9
Rookie

Rouchicus's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Chris Johnson is No Longer a Game Changer

I did have a laughable situation last night where I was playing against the Titans and Johnson had gotten to the second level of the defense and made one little cut by my FS only to get caught from behind by Tyson Jackson. At the time I was like then I was like
Old 09-01-2011, 02:53 PM   #10
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildFan22
I don't see any players break away from the pack. Speed is not really a factor and running back especially are prone to being caught from behind.

Last night I had defenders chase me down from behind with J. Charles, Adrian Peterson, and Percy Harvin.
Here is a video of J.Best going all the way. Gamespeed on normal and threshold at 85.

Backs can go all the way. Speed is a factor, maybe your guys were fatigue and couldnt maintain a top speed at the time.

Also with threshold at 85 means the speed seperation is shorter between players, now if your threshold is at a lower setting you will see a seperation sooner.
Old 09-01-2011, 02:59 PM   #11
Banned

MileHighSalute30's Arena

OVR: 10

I thought threshold just made the difference between speed ratings bigger? So a 96 speed guy was more noticeably faster than an 86 guy?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2011, 03:08 PM   #12
Rookie

JRT2006's Arena

OVR: 5

Speed threshold, makes the difference in speed bigger and smaller. If you set the threshold high, say 100, a 95 spd receiver could run a streak route with an 88 spd corner right on his tail. as you lower the threshold it would increase that separation, drop it to 50 and the 96 spd receiver maybe have a 5 step lead on the corner after running about 20 yards, drop it even lower and that step lead would increase
Old 09-01-2011, 03:18 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 3

I play exclusively online and find that guys like McFadden, Felix Jones, CJ2k, Charles, etc don't seem to be much faster than the guys on defense. I am routinely caught from behind by 70-80 speed LBs and DTs.
Old 09-01-2011, 03:26 PM   #14
Rookie

Alter Eg0's Arena

OVR: 0

Yea, Casey Matthews chased me down with no problem I had Roy Helu 93spd. Tuning the game works but what about people that play online? They have to figure out a button to juke. The juke move button is useless.
Old 09-01-2011, 03:39 PM   #15
MVP

OVR: 8

While it may seem unrealistic to get caught from behind by slower players, you have to keep in mind that runs over 40 yards are a rare occurrence for most backs.

In 2010, if I counted correctly from the stats on NFL.com, there were 66 runs of 40 or more yards. However, only 13 players had more than one, meaning that for 53 of those players, it was a once-in-a-season event. There are a few receivers, one QB (Shaun Hill), and surprisingly one punter in that group, so that means it's that much rarer for RBs

Of the 13 who had more than one 40-yard rush, seven did it twice, only three managed it three times, two did it four times (Johnson and McFadden), and just one did it five times (McCoy).

Even with 20+ yard runs, the top 10 ranged between nine and 14, with McFadden at the top. Johnson had 13, and keep in mind that includes the 40 yard runs. So realistically, even for the top backs, you would expect to see less than one 20+yard run per game on average, and most backs will average one per two games or less during a season.

That doesn't necessarily mean the default threshold is correct, but in terms of big-play realism for RBs, big runs don't really happen that often. Even for the biggest home-run threats, they might average a 20+ run once ever 20-25 carries.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2011, 04:04 PM   #16
Rookie

TearsOfPurple's Arena

OVR: 2

I got 365 yards as Adrian Peterson, 3 break away runs (50+), it's weird because the game before I was having such a hard time running, then AP just broke loose. I would of adjusted my sliders during the game, but it was just too fun haha (changed now though).

It mostly just depends on who your playing, and your sliders.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »