Home

Madden 12 trade logic The worst that it has ever been

This is a discussion on Madden 12 trade logic The worst that it has ever been within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-07-2011, 06:08 AM   #9
Banned

Pringles's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Madden 12 trade logic The worst that it has ever been

detroit lions traded a 87 ovr DE cliff avril B potential to tampa for
A potential DE DeQuan Bowers and they gave a 2012 first rd pick and 2013 2nd rder in return. the trade logic is crap, in real life there no way any team makes that deal. i like to trade and to see what teams are willing to do them. i even sent cory williams 86 ovr DT B potential 31 yrs old to cards for patrick peterson and they gave me a 2013 1st rder as well

madden trade logic does not give much value for for 1st rd picks 2 yrs down the road only the next yr you could virtually make trades that include your first rd pick in the next yrs draft and get what ever you want plus the other teams first rd pick back 2 yrs down the road. way to easy to build a dynasty

and the trade block is a joke as well they seem to put star players in there
and the ask for low ratings back example dominic cromartie from eagles i sent a 82 ovr lb to get him to the eagles durrant who is a nothing special player .
pittsburg as well want to give away middle lb timmons a 90 ovr player and willing to take 81 ovr tackles lol. it is way to easy to get your team better. no skill involved, as well as the free agent bug were teams cut young good talent A potentials.

im thinking about doing a 32 user controlled franchise
Old 09-07-2011, 08:28 AM   #10
MVP

TMJOHNS18's Arena

OVR: 10

^^ Well to be fare, Eagles got DMC in a trade so they dealing him doesn't cost them. Plus, I don't think the Eagles have any LB's on their roster.

Trade logic seems odd. Some players they won't give up for anything, some they just give away. Then again, there's not a whole lot of trades taking place during the NFL season with big name players, so it kind of makes sense when the CPU wants a lot for a player, since you obviously need to player over what the FA has to offer.

Has anyone tried to see if offseason trading is any differently waited? I'd assume not.
Old 09-07-2011, 08:33 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 0
I was trading for DRC and tried to give them a 80 ovr FS (when they were asking for 77+) and a first round pick, and they declined it. I traded them a 85 ovr FS and received a 2nd round pick and they accepted it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2011, 12:03 AM   #12
Pro

bigdfan76's Arena

OVR: 12

Ya it seems a little off... I have a question. So I am kind of upset that the Dallas Cowboys in real life got absolutely nothing for Columbo, L.Davis and Gurode, mostly Gurode. I guess there was no demand in the real NFL for a pro bowl center? Or he's overrated like most of my beloved Dallas Cowboys, lol. But in my franchise I shoped Gurode around and even tried switching him to G. I could get Lawrence Timmons from the Steelers, MLB 90ovr,25yrs A potential. And there rookie RE Heyward from Ohio St. And a 2013 2nd rd pick. Seem like a bit much to you guys? Gurode is a 91 ovr G and the Steelers look desperate for Oline help except C with Pouncy, which is why I switched Gurode to G. Also I didn't get any offers at all in trade block for Gurode.. doesn't make sense.
Baylor Bears Iowa Hawkeyes Texas Longhorns
Old 09-08-2011, 01:03 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 5

the draft pick trading is the worst. They don't value future draft picks at all.
Old 09-18-2011, 01:44 AM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettoqball
the draft pick trading is the worst. They don't value future draft picks at all.
The thread is a bit old by now but anyways. I couldn't agree more. However, I find it's not as bad this year than in past years.

For several years now (up until this year) I would propose a trade giving up an average player and a 1st Rd pick for a much better player or a rookie full of potential. They were willing to accept it alot of the time. Doesn't sound crazy until I started wheelin and dealin to see if they would give me a 3rd Rd pick as a bonus. Not only did they almost always go for it but I later learned that they would give me their 1st rounder. In other words, I was giving crap and a 1st and getting quality and their 1st which almost always ended up being more valuable than the 1st rounder I gave up. That would absolutely never happen in real life.

Later I started looking for the teams with the worst record right before trade deadline and would trade my 1, 2 and 3 pick for their 1, 2 and 3 pick even though I was 5-0 and they were 0-5. They don't go for that crap anymore lol. I used to think they should fix that but now I miss it haha. It seems they tightened up on things a little this year, although I haven't yet attempted very many trades on this years madden.
Old 09-18-2011, 12:26 PM   #15
Rookie

Aleeeeex94's Arena

OVR: 1

The most frustrating trade related thing I've seen was when I was trying to move up in the draft so i offered the Bengals an 11th overall 1st round pick and a 3rd round pick for their 1st round 6th overall pick and it was rejected but as soon as the Bengals get on the clock TRADE ALERT!!!; Bengals accept Green Bays 1st Round 23rd overall pick and their 3rd round pick for the Bengals 1st round pick.

WTF!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2011, 01:07 PM   #16
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentDrawz
Later I started looking for the teams with the worst record right before trade deadline and would trade my 1, 2 and 3 pick for their 1, 2 and 3 pick even though I was 5-0 and they were 0-5. They don't go for that crap anymore lol.
Actually, they still do, and it's even worse than your example. They won't go for this every year, but a good majority of the time, I can get the team with the worst record to cooperate. Here's what I can usually get away with - trading my 1st for their 1st 2nd & 3rd. Then my 4th for their 4th 5th & 6th, and so on.

One year, I had 16 picks going into the draft, leaving one team with only 4 picks for the next 2 seasons.

Sent using common sense.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »