Home

Madden 12 freezing at start menu or any where else? I have a fix!

This is a discussion on Madden 12 freezing at start menu or any where else? I have a fix! within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 09-01-2011, 10:40 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Madden 12 freezing at start menu or any where else? I have a fix!

Ok. So yesterday my madden 12 would freeze where it says Press Start every time. I even had it installed to the HDD before it happened and it still froze. I looked up vids and one of them worked but i cant find it but ill explain.

Items needed:
Peroxide(Brown bottle that is used for cuts, should have it, ask your parents if your a kid)

Special cloth for cleaning glasses,screens,etc.

Clorox wipes, idk if the clorox wipes help or if regular wipes work fine but just get wipes. I know clorox will work cus thats what i used.

A sink.

- So take your madden disc, place it in the sink with the scratched part facing you.

- Pour the peroxide on the disc for a few seconds then turn on the water until you see the peroxide came off the disc. Turn it off

- wipe your disc with the special cleaning cloth for disc,screens,etc.

- wipe the disc with the clorox wipes or whatever wipes you have, dont press too hard and try to wipe away from the disc(Start in the middle by the hole and wipe go away from the disc all the around) sorry if that sounds unclear but just wipe it with the wipes.

pop it in and it should work. It worked for me. I know people are gonna say "your trying to mess of my disc" well if it wont work right now why not try? it worked for me and the video on youtube had a lot of likes. Im sorry i cant find it but maybe you look for it.

Also: Just before typing this, the game was freezing again at the start screen, all i did was wipe the disc once with the clorox wipes and im playing it right now.

Hope this helps!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2011, 10:46 PM   #2
Banned

Cre8's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Madden 12 freezing at start menu or any where else? I have a fix!

ODogg told me to simply not login to my XBL account until the game started up...

In my experience, you shouldn't have to clean anything.
Old 09-01-2011, 11:11 PM   #3
Rookie

HakeemDaDream's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToLLey
Ok. So yesterday my madden 12 would freeze where it says Press Start every time. I even had it installed to the HDD before it happened and it still froze. I looked up vids and one of them worked but i cant find it but ill explain.

Items needed:
Peroxide(Brown bottle that is used for cuts, should have it, ask your parents if your a kid)

Special cloth for cleaning glasses,screens,etc.

Clorox wipes, idk if the clorox wipes help or if regular wipes work fine but just get wipes. I know clorox will work cus thats what i used.

A sink.

- So take your madden disc, place it in the sink with the scratched part facing you.

- Pour the peroxide on the disc for a few seconds then turn on the water until you see the peroxide came off the disc. Turn it off

- wipe your disc with the special cleaning cloth for disc,screens,etc.

- wipe the disc with the clorox wipes or whatever wipes you have, dont press too hard and try to wipe away from the disc(Start in the middle by the hole and wipe go away from the disc all the around) sorry if that sounds unclear but just wipe it with the wipes.

pop it in and it should work. It worked for me. I know people are gonna say "your trying to mess of my disc" well if it wont work right now why not try? it worked for me and the video on youtube had a lot of likes. Im sorry i cant find it but maybe you look for it.

Also: Just before typing this, the game was freezing again at the start screen, all i did was wipe the disc once with the clorox wipes and im playing it right now.

Hope this helps!
That's good if your disk is scratched, but mine is still pristine. It's been in my console since I took off the shrink wrap on the case.
Old 09-02-2011, 12:15 AM   #4
Pro

SeaNNyT's Arena

OVR: 10

Pretty sure that everyone having this problem, including myself, don't have their disk scratched to hell. My disk is just fine, but i have the constant freezing and extremely slow loads.
Old 09-02-2011, 12:35 AM   #5
MVP

Tweeg's Arena

OVR: 12

I'm pretty sure the issue has only to do with the EA servers. As another person said, just wait to log into xbox live if it becomes a problem.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »