Home

Scouting is not broken!!!

This is a discussion on Scouting is not broken!!! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-02-2011, 12:06 AM   #1
Rookie

Hajmyis's Arena

OVR: 0
Scouting is not broken!!!

Scouting is not broken. People who say that just don't know how to scout and what players to scout. The only thing broken is importanted draft classes and the combine should have a forty player limit instead of twenty.

Okay I wish to help people learn the scouting system.

First off get a pad of paper and a pen
Second find the top four areas in need ethier lack of talet or maybe a guy needs to be paid and no money it guy maybe aging.
Thrid stick to those areas of need.
Forth follow this guide to a Tee and you will find players ready to start with Apot or they will be starters with Apot

In season scouting only scout OL RB FS SS and DL

When looking at OL sort by impact blocking and find which Lineman is the highest and all so is highest in pass/run block
If the lineman is 90 in impact and 85 or higher in pass/run block then write his name and projected round. He will be a great pick.

RB sort by jukemove and write down the name projected round of guys who are high in juke move and also in stiff arm and spin move.

FS and SS you sort by hit power write sown the names projected round if the highest ones.

DL you find the hit power so Artie the top ones listed when you sort by the stat.

Now on to the combine. Only scout WR RB CB DL
WR write down the best overall in trend of speed and acc and jump.

RB only scout those names the you already wrote down from in season scouting

DB write the names of the best overall based on speed acc and jump

DL you will find out the Str. Using that based with speed and hit power you will find which ones will pan out

Now in pro days only scout Line backers and QB

Linebackers Write down name projected round based off hit power the the fit moves, and man coverage. No need to know there speed if they have high overall stats just from the power move fit move and hit power even has man coverage listed you will find a great pick.

The QB in pro days tells you all you need to know with there arm which is the most inmporant

Individual workouts is a Toss up. Really need a QB, scout the five best you wrote down, or WR. I would say that DB and WR must be used the individual work outs. No where will you find catching or coverage for those postions.

Now on to the draft. Now you have maybe 20 to 30 names all in different rounds in which you know that they are more then likey going to pan out. Trust this is how you scout and make a draft board.

Last edited by Hajmyis; 09-02-2011 at 12:09 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2011, 12:43 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: Scouting is not broken!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hajmyis
Scouting is not broken. People who say that just don't know how to scout and what players to scout. The only thing broken is importanted draft classes and the combine should have a forty player limit instead of twenty.

Second find the top four areas in need ethier lack of talet or maybe a guy needs to be paid and no money it guy maybe aging.
Forth follow this guide to a Tee and you will find players ready to start with Apot or they will be starters with Apot

When looking at OL sort by impact blocking and find which Lineman is the highest and all so is highest in pass/run block
If the lineman is 90 in impact and 85 or higher in pass/run block then write his name and projected round. He will be a great pick.

RB sort by jukemove and write down the name projected round of guys who are high in juke move and also in stiff arm and spin move.

FS and SS you sort by hit power write sown the names projected round if the highest ones.

DL you find the hit power so Artie the top ones listed when you sort by the stat.

DL you will find out the Str. Using that based with speed and hit power you will find which ones will pan out

Linebackers Write down name projected round based off hit power the the fit moves, and man coverage. No need to know there speed if they have high overall stats just from the power move fit move and hit power even has man coverage listed you will find a great pick.

The QB in pro days tells you all you need to know with there arm which is the most inmporant

Individual workouts is a Toss up. Really need a QB, scout the five best you wrote down, or WR. I would say that DB and WR must be used the individual work outs. No where will you find catching or coverage for those postions.

Now on to the draft. Now you have maybe 20 to 30 names all in different rounds in which you know that they are more then likey going to pan out. Trust this is how you scout and make a draft board.

I appreciate your effort, but this is all going to come down to your definition of broken.

If your definition of broken just means that something doesnt work properly, then no for the most part scouting is not broken.

If your definition of broken is like most gamers, meaning that a design flaw renders a feature essentially unusable, say like trying to scout any player that is not a OL, SS, DL, etc because you get completely useless info, or having absolutely no idea of what a player skills are because not even the basic measurables that would be available from a combine are there...

then most definitely scouting is broken. I have gotten it to work ok, but glitches aside, if NCAA classes came in right, if CPU drafted well and did cut days better, the scouting system would still be crap because it was poorly designed. I honestly dont know what they were thinking. I hope they can figure out a way to patch it cause its so blatantly dumb to have designed it like this...
Old 09-02-2011, 03:12 AM   #3
Rookie

Maizpan's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:

I agree that saying it is broken is going a little bit over the top, but it has been designed to be very unrealistic.

How many NFL scouts only scout during weeks 1, 5, 9, 13 and 17? I'm pretty sure that an NFL scout can scout every week of the NFL season. If he misses a week, I doubt he has to wait until the next schedueled scouting week.

How many teams only scout certain positions during certain parts of the offseason? I understand that certain positions are looked at harder for their measurables than others, but there is honestly no reason to even look at some positions during the combine. Also, everyone already knows that Jake Locker is a surefire #1 pick, they don't have to wait until next years Pro day to find out he can pass.

I agree scouting is not broken, but it does have some rather questionable design decisions.
Old 09-02-2011, 11:48 AM   #4
Rookie

Hajmyis's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maizpan

I agree scouting is not broken, but it does have some rather questionable design decisions.

Fair enough, I am just saying learn how scout and enjoy it.
Old 09-02-2011, 12:01 PM   #5
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

Scouting is far from broken.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2011, 12:28 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Fair enough, I am just saying learn how scout and enjoy it.
True, i think however that people are just really frustrated because if it were a glitch i would feel better, but considering that this seems to have been the design decision, its a bit infuriating.

The had a great template to work from in NFL hc AND madden 05, they have been trying to get this right since the next gen came out and now to have darn near perfect gameplay and to have most of the tools available to have a great franchise mode (good progression player editing, good draft classes) then to have it derialed by design choices that seem so dubious part of me hopes that it is a glitch cause no one who does this for a living or knows anythign about football should have thought that getting siff arm ratings for linebackers was a good idea...
Old 09-04-2011, 03:41 PM   #7
MVP

RumbleCard's Arena

OVR: 8

I understand where the OP is coming from. There's a limited number of attributes revealed and this thread does a good job of breaking down how to get the most value from scouting.
Old 09-04-2011, 03:58 PM   #8
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

I actually love the scouting/draft this year (besides the fact that it's just about impossible to make any trades during the draft). It's actually a challenge this year, and I'm starting to figure out a good strategy for scouting. The key is to get a good mix of early projected guys and late projected guys so you aren't just taking shots in the dark at the end of the draft.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »