Home

Who is playing Madden 12 on a plasma? You worried about burning in the scoreboard?

This is a discussion on Who is playing Madden 12 on a plasma? You worried about burning in the scoreboard? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-03-2011, 02:29 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Who is playing Madden 12 on a plasma? Are youworried about burning in the scorebo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbk
I am getting horrible image retention and am starting to get worried about burn in. I have a top or the line panasonic plasma i just got in June, and the picture is the best I've seen, but I'm worried about it's safety and think LCD would have made more sense for how much I gam
NHL 11 had the option to remove the score. At least give madden that option. etter yet have it go away once the ball is snapped. It doesn't go away at all during a whole 40 minute game. At least with real football it gets broken up with commercial breaks.
I played Madden 07 in a plasma. No issues with the scoreboard burning, but there was a slight delay with players reacting to the controller.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2011, 03:59 PM   #42
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Who is playing Madden 12 on a plasma? You worried about burning in the scoreboard

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecockfan40
Plasma do still burn in, i own LCD tv's, I was told Burn in don't happen on todays Plasma tv, So a week before Madden 12 i went to best buy and spent $900.00 on a Plasma just for madden ,& sell guy said oh it don't happen...so three days playing Madden OOPS burn in..Had to return it
Soooooo, did you attempt to break-in your plasma? Would love to know what your settings were???
Old 09-03-2011, 04:05 PM   #43
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: Who is playing Madden 12 on a plasma? You worried about burning in the scoreboard

I have an LCD and a Plasma and I'll take the plasma all day. Just my preference. And to answer the question I have had zero burnin. Including an all nighter the other day. If you properly burn in your plasma when you get it you will have no issues.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 09-03-2011, 04:08 PM   #44
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLIGHTWHITE
Soooooo, did you attempt to break-in your plasma? Would love to know what your settings were???
yep. I burned mine in for 150'ish hrs. I ran the slides when I went to bed and straight through until I got home from work. Watched some TV at night...rinse-repeat.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 09-03-2011, 04:28 PM   #45
Banned

OVR: 7

He most likely got ir and thinks is burn in.

Nothing beats plasmas, they are incredible and have no.motion blur or uniformity issues.

Not to mention input lag is much more of an issue on led,lcd
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2011, 04:35 PM   #46
MVP

phant030's Arena

OVR: 14

50in Samsung Plasma = great gaming
42in LG LCD = great gaming

I do get some image retention on the plasma. But only when the screen is black. I dont think thats avoidable as how the TV works. I have no fear of burn in. Both look good for gaming IMO...Plasma has better blacks, but LCD has better whites. I do think I had to do a bit more tweaking on my plasma to get everything looking good versus my LCD. But, all in all, they both look great...they both play my games great.
Old 09-03-2011, 04:40 PM   #47
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giants4Natic
He most likely got ir and thinks is burn in.

Nothing beats plasmas, they are incredible and have no.motion blur or uniformity issues.

Not to mention input lag is much more of an issue on led,lcd
Totally agree. I love my LCD also but after using Plasma I fell in love.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 09-03-2011, 04:45 PM   #48
Darkness!!!

DirtyJerz32's Arena

OVR: 41

I have a 42' lcd in my spare room and a 55' plasma in my living room. I love playing any and all video games on my plasma. I've had no issues with burn. Usually I see the scoreboard for about 5 min after playing for a long time, but after that I don't even see it. Not sure what all the fuss is with plasmas.

Twitch: DirtyJerz32

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
No longer shall you be referred to as DirtyJerz32, but simply BOSS -

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »