Home

I really think alot of these "problems" people have

This is a discussion on I really think alot of these "problems" people have within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-30-2011, 09:38 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 3
I really think alot of these "problems" people have

with the game are because they are playing on Slow, very slow or even normal. I will contend that the optimal way to experience Madden is on VERY FAST game speed. EVERYTHING looks and plays MUCH more realistic. The speed and impact of the NFL game is so accurately represented at that speed that I dont know why EA doesnt ship the game with the default game speed on very fast and let people tweak the game downward to their liking. MORE people would like what they experience and not even complain about half of the issues that they complain about because the game is more realistically represented. When you go into the highlight creator and look at a successfully completed pass play from the variations of Sideline and Endzone cameras you will see the rhythm and speed of the NFL pass play so correctly executed that its freakin mind blowing. Same on the defensive side. The hits are more real because the speed of the game is what it should be. SOme of the defensive hits look silly on slower game speeds but on FAST its completely accurate. Sacks, good LB run stuffs, DE/DT play is all looks like what it should.
TrY it out and even if you get owned bc you arent used to the game speed replay the plays you got beat on using those different cameras in the creator and watch how real everything looks.
And on long pass plays with some air under them (go routes/bombs etc) the ball flight is timed perfectly to what you would see watching a game. The ball stays in the air almost exactly for the same amount of time it really would. I think EA does its own game a disservice by not having VERY FAST as the default game speed and then letting people adjust from the realistic down to the more unreal.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2011, 09:42 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 0
LOL! Post of the day, man! I needed that. Thanks for the humor.

Posted using the power of knowledge.
Old 08-30-2011, 09:55 AM   #3
Phenom

seasprite's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: I really thinks alot of these "problems" people have

Disagree 100% with the OP, IMO the game is played the best on slow with a lower threshold around 30.
Old 08-30-2011, 10:03 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 3

I think there are two schools of thought. I am on an NFL and NCAA sideline quite often (work) and I like the speed of the game as it is at field level there fore I like the very fast game speed.
IF you like what you see on TV or even up in the stands, its slower due to the distance away from the field that you are. Its a perception thing.
I understand why people like the game at slower speed, I just dont think its more realistic as people say.
Old 08-30-2011, 10:07 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 19

what are you a camera man?
cause looking through a lenz with a hand held the action would even appear faster than if you are watching the game through the naked eye.

Last edited by tril; 08-30-2011 at 10:09 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2011, 10:23 AM   #6
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

I coach and play hockey, and the speed from the bench is the same as the speed from the stands. In fact, being too close to the action can give a false sense of speed. Pulling back will give you perspective.

The faster settings are akin to arcade gameplay.
Old 08-30-2011, 10:28 AM   #7
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

OVR: 36

Disagree 100000%
Old 08-30-2011, 10:35 AM   #8
pissed, or parkinson's?

adayinthelife's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
I coach and play hockey, and the speed from the bench is the same as the speed from the stands. In fact, being too close to the action can give a false sense of speed. Pulling back will give you perspective.

The faster settings are akin to arcade gameplay.
Was going to point out that in my experience playing hockey this is how it is. Even my beer league feels reasonably speedy when I'm on the ice, but if I get kicked out of a game or get hurt and watch the rest from the sidelines... you can tell it's beer league .

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »