Home

Please fix the FG kicking game!! TOO EASY as always!

This is a discussion on Please fix the FG kicking game!! TOO EASY as always! within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 09-02-2011, 10:47 PM   #17
MVP

Kaiser Wilhelm's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Please fix the FG kicking game!! TOO EASY as always!

The right stick was a joke. It was insanely easy to make FGs. The meter really isnt much better, but I myself cannot think of a better way to make one so... I'll leave it to you guys and EA.

I just know Shawn Suisam (forgot how to spell his name) has no right to be nailing FGs consistently. I remember him ruining my SB victory with my rookie SS QB in 10 back when he was on Washington.

Slightly off-topic, am I the only one who misses the Da Boot Madden Card? Nothing like a good ol fashion 90 yard FG.
If anybody is interested in a "spiritual successor to the socom franchise, check out this thread.
Old 09-02-2011, 11:21 PM   #18
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

I think mistakes just need to be punished harder. If you miss the accuracy window, already you should be looking at a sizable deviation from the aimed direction.

Then everything after that is even greater miss.

In fact, only kickers above KAC should even show much of a window. Under that, you get a line that denotes max accuracy, but you need to be nearly perfect with it.

This could work with the R-Stick method if it was really, really sensitive for all but the best kickers like one person mentioned.

Or, heck, do the old school arrow back and forth thing. It moves quicker for less accurate kickers, accuracy slider determines how much missing accuracy window is punished. First press snaps the ball and makes the arrow move, second press sets the arrow and starts the meter power, third sets the meter power, 4th sets the accuracy meter and kicks the ball. It would all be moving quickly since the whole thing is over fast.

Or, perhaps you can set the arrow with the first press, which also snaps the ball and starts the meter power. Second would then set the power and then third for accuracy (which also has a small window/line for bad kickers and a regular-sized window for the top level guys).

Oh, and splitting off the accuracy slider would help too...LIKE IT USED TO BE (seriously? Why is the special teams slider the only one that's paired for both AI and User? WHY?)

Last edited by KBLover; 09-02-2011 at 11:26 PM.
Old 09-02-2011, 11:40 PM   #19
MVP

IrishSalsa's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by petersondagreat
Im all in for real FG % that would be great because kickers play a HUGE part in the outcome of games in real life and it would be a great way to show difference between a great kicker and a bad kicker who just has a strong leg, especially since EA cant seem to get it right

Exactly...all I am asking for is the option that's all. I went the route of now supersimming my FG attempts. Its not fun to do, but it's less fun making ever FG I attempt.

I mean, as long as the kicker has a strong leg, accuracy doesn't mean a thing in this game for me, cuz I can hit the mark for accuracy dead on every time. And that's with the FG accuracy slider at ZERO(preactice mode). But I can't leave it at zero since there is no user/cpu sliders for special teams.

Real FG % would fix this problem, at least give us the option like NBA 2k does with their FTs. I don't know how they could implement it, but I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard.
Old 09-03-2011, 12:03 AM   #20
Rookie

bc3po's Arena

OVR: 2

I like that idea. I'm by no means a madden expert, and even i can go a whole season without missing a field goal. I think that there should be an emphasis on having a good kicker, and the good ones are like what, 85% career? Thats just a random number but, if thats true, that still would leave 15% chance of a missed kick, i think it would add a whole new level of pressure of getting closer for that game winning kick and leaving it up to the percentages
NCAA - Michigan State Spartans
Old 09-03-2011, 12:25 AM   #21
Everyday is Faceurary!

dickey1331's Arena

OVR: 31
I liked the right stick better.

Do you really care where I sent this from?
NFL: Dallas Cowboys
NHL: Dallas Stars
NBA: Dallas Mavericks

I own a band check it out
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2011, 01:08 AM   #22
MVP

Tweeg's Arena

OVR: 12

The current system is fine, except why the hell is it so slow? I'm playing on all madden and adjusting the field goal slider, and the meter still goes way too slow. Back on the xbox it used to get quite fast on all madden with a bad kicker.
Old 09-03-2011, 11:05 AM   #23
MVP

IrishSalsa's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by bc3po
I like that idea. I'm by no means a madden expert, and even i can go a whole season without missing a field goal. I think that there should be an emphasis on having a good kicker, and the good ones are like what, 85% career? Thats just a random number but, if thats true, that still would leave 15% chance of a missed kick, i think it would add a whole new level of pressure of getting closer for that game winning kick and leaving it up to the percentages

Exactly! How cool and more fun would it be to have that pressure of knowing you have to get to the 32yd line or closer for your kicker to make it? IRL they always show that red line for the kicker to make one on that last minute drive. If Madden added that into the game, it would add to the immersion. All we want is the option. You don't have to use it if you don't want to, just like the real FT% on nba 2k. You don't have to use that if you choose not to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweeg
The current system is fine, except why the hell is it so slow? I'm playing on all madden and adjusting the field goal slider, and the meter still goes way too slow. Back on the xbox it used to get quite fast on all madden with a bad kicker.
Yeah I agree, it is way too slow. Maybe speeding it up would help. Even wth the fg accuracy at 0, it doesn't appear to speed up.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »