Home

EA Responses to Known Issues

This is a discussion on EA Responses to Known Issues within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-03-2011, 12:56 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
EA Responses to Known Issues

I will often be reading a thread and see another poster make reference to EA (looman, adembroski, etc) having said something about known issue X, and then I spend the next 20 minutes trying to find that reference, whether here on the OS boards, EA boards, or twitter.

I thought this might be useful to aggregate all of those responses in one spot.

Rain Issue in Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
It's not exactly predetermined. I wish it was, it would have allowed me to make sure it was properly tuned. It's based on "pseudo" random numbers... meaning it grabs different factors that are not random and combines them to make them varied. In other words, I can't "assign" weather for a specific game, I have a specific grouping of numbers that plug into a mathmatical equation, but the numbers polled to complete that calculations are not random, but determined by repeatable circumstances. Thus, the same game will produce the same weather each time.

We didn't redo the logic this year, only the numbers behind the scenes.

Unfortunately, this cropped up very late and it was the very first thing I worked on way back in January when I got here. Miami is actually set to zero precipitation in September because I was trying everything to get it to stop, but it didn't. I believe it's a bug related to dynamic time-of-day, but I'm not sure.

At any rate, I'm rewriting the system that determines the weather because the old system made zero sense, I just tried to do the best I could with it.
In response to whether it can be fixed via patch:

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
All depends on what other issues pop up.
Any others you guys have seen that we can add? Undrafted FA issue for example?
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »